Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel if we don't get the Foos we do need another "rock" headliner. I do actually quite like Coldplay, but when paired with Adele it does seem very middle of the road/Radio 2. I'd bet that Sam Smith would sub too, and I'd end up slitting my wrists.

I'd personally like Muse but there's that "second year of touring" rule. Would have to be Biffy or an older legend really. Or do we go into the world of rap again? Don't think anyone other than Eminem is big enough really, and I don't think he's likely.

have they? i definitely seem to remember something being said about them returning to one of the festivals they cancelled, but can't remember what

Just checked, and it's not as clear cut as I was remembering it, and it's via Google Translate so it's a bit dodgy and there's always a risk of something getting lost, but the Pinkpop organiser seems to think they'll be back.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://3voor12.vpro.nl/nieuws/2015/Pinkpop/Slotinterview-Jan-Smeets.html&prev=search

The first headliner is round, apparently.

I feel if we don't get the Foos we do need another "rock" headliner. I do actually quite like Coldplay, but when paired with Adele it does seem very middle of the road/Radio 2. I'd bet that Sam Smith would sub too, and I'd end up slitting my wrists.

I'd personally like Muse but there's that "second year of touring" rule. Would have to be Biffy or an older legend really. Or do we go into the world of rap again? Don't think anyone other than Eminem is big enough really, and I don't think he's likely.

If it is not Foo Fighters then AC/DC have to be the strongest candidates

Unlikely Download can afford AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Sabbath

They are allegedly in Europe next May / June

They loved Coachella and said they would like to do more festivals

They are probably retiring end of this tour so great chance to get a big pay day with the extra sales a Glasto performance brings

If it is not Foo Fighters then AC/DC have to be the strongest candidates

Unlikely Download can afford AC/DC, Iron Maiden and Sabbath

They are allegedly in Europe next May / June

They loved Coachella and said they would like to do more festivals

They are probably retiring end of this tour so great chance to get a big pay day with the extra sales a Glasto performance brings

has anyone seen Terence and Bon Scott in the same (chat) room?

What's your thoughts on the lead singers ability to sing on consecutive nights Terence?