Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

wishful thinking i know ,although everyone and there granny are dead set that it's adele for the saturday slot,

how often if at all does glastonbury throw a complete curve ball that no1 else has seen coming?

The Who was a bit of a shock when Neil dropped that bomb

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Glastonbury Festival International Old Folks Weekender, 22 to 26 June 2016.

What year in the fest's history did it turn? I mean turn from a fest that inspired the young, to one that coddled the old.

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

What year in the fest's history did it turn? I mean turn from a fest that inspired the young, to one that coddled the old.

The year they booked McCartney imo.

The realisation that a headline booking could generate a huge spike of income on and off site.

That Bowie set being televised in 2000 was the first time my folks and their friends had seen/watched/shown any interest in it. Combination of it being on tv and a massive mainstream artist they'd heard of. Remember it very vividly, even now.

On 3/1/2016 at 1:21 PM, wozwebs said:

Peace did a wedding band set in the Rabbit Hole which I missed but my friend said was superb. Did covers of Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News and Song 2 by Blur amongst many.

This reminded me that I had these..............

Backstage before they went on.....

11667397_10206757397071004_5362797291819

Mrs Perfect went to see Adele on her first date in Manchester last night.

She said she absolutely nailed it and would suprise many people how upbeat a performance she would put on if she headlined the pyramid 

Just passing on feedback 

As you were

Edited by justperfect

I get the impression Adele would do very well amongst people who have chosen to pay and see her (particularly among those who've paid the obscene secondary ticket prices), but I still can't see how she'd impress those of us who find her music boring, boring, boring. 

Popularity wise she is well worth a Pyramid spot though. 

9 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

I get the impression Adele would do very well amongst people who have chosen to pay and see her (particularly among those who've paid the obscene secondary ticket prices), but I still can't see how she'd impress those of us who find her music boring, boring, boring. 

Popularity wise she is well worth a Pyramid spot though. 

i know a lot of people like to go check out Pyramid headliners just to see what all the fuss is about, but if anybody's aware of what Adele does and finds it 'boring, boring, boring' yet still chooses to go and see her then they've only got themselves to blame for the inevitable outcome. it's a lot of big piano ballads with a couple of not-so-ballads thrown in to the mix. i hope i get to see just a little bit of it at least as, although i'm a fan and could easily stay for the majority, i'm interested to see what the crowd is like. has there ever been a headliner as downbeat as her before?

Based just on the two Saturday headliners we think we know so far my plan is to watch New Order and if they are naff live like many on here have suggested I may head over to the end of Adele just to check her out. I think most of the big hitters are at the end of her setlists aren't they? I'm not an Adele fan but I don't actively dislike her and would be interested to see how it goes.

Obviously if anything I like gets announced for the lower stages I'll be elsewhere, but it's nice to have a plan in place just in case.

On Sunday so far I have nothing. I'd have checked Coldplay out if it was their 2011 setlist but what they play now just looks disgusting.

28 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Based just on the two Saturday headliners we think we know so far my plan is to watch New Order and if they are naff live like many on here have suggested I may head over to the end of Adele just to check her out. I think most of the big hitters are at the end of her setlists aren't they? I'm not an Adele fan but I don't actively dislike her and would be interested to see how it goes.

Obviously if anything I like gets announced for the lower stages I'll be elsewhere, but it's nice to have a plan in place just in case.

On Sunday so far I have nothing. I'd have checked Coldplay out if it was their 2011 setlist but what they play now just looks disgusting.

Biggest LOL of a shite day, William!

"...what they [Coldplay] play now just looks disgusting"

Brilliant.

Coldplay > Adele