Blur?

wozwebs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I moved around a bit and it varied slightly but it was never loud enough for me. Song 2 sounded stupidly quiet for a song like that. I wasn't in the pit mind but I think gigs that size should be loud everywhere. It's Hyde Park though innit? To be expected and the band as I said were great.

Could be that my ear have been damaged over the years! But nearly everywhere I was stood people could have full blown conversations at normal level while the band were playing. I think at a gig you should have to shout to be heard.

I didn't notice it at Neil Young and The National last year so much. Was down the front for The National and way back for Neil Young but I'm only a casual fan of the latter so maybe that's why.

Year before I saw the Stones there as well as Glastonbury and there was no contest volume wise. Was much neither back at Glasto too.

Having to pay at bars before they even pour your drinks was ludicrous

Lol, they weren't just going to nick your money I had to do this and didn't even think twice of it until you've said now.

I moved around a bit and it varied slightly but it was never loud enough for me. Song 2 sounded stupidly quiet for a song like that. I wasn't in the pit mind but I think gigs that size should be loud everywhere. It's Hyde Park though innit? To be expected and the band as I said were great.

Could be that my ear have been damaged over the years! But nearly everywhere I was stood people could have full blown conversations at normal level while the band were playing. I think at a gig you should have to shout to be heard.

I didn't notice it at Neil Young and The National last year so much. Was down the front for The National and way back for Neil Young but I'm only a casual fan of the latter so maybe that's why.

Year before I saw the Stones there as well as Glastonbury and there was no contest volume wise. Was much neither back at Glasto too.

That's a shame man. I was stood for the most of it near the speaker on the left and no sound issue's, while I'd admit I've heard louder sound I felt that was the only issue. I could hear some people talking around at times and I'll agree not worth the fee, but that being said, even fi the sound was the loudest gig I heard it's not worth £80, that's a lot of bloody money. Parklife came across very well, all went a bit party central around where I was but no one being a major arse. What I do lie is that Damon will put a show on a HP as he loves it.

Lol, they weren't just going to nick your money I had to do this and didn't even think twice of it until you've said now.

That's a shame man. I was stood for the most of it near the speaker on the left and no sound issue's, while I'd admit I've heard louder sound I felt that was the only issue. I could hear some people talking around at times and I'll agree not worth the fee, but that being said, even fi the sound was the loudest gig I heard it's not worth £80, that's a lot of bloody money. Parklife came across very well, all went a bit party central around where I was but no one being a major arse. What I do lie is that Damon will put a show on a HP as he loves it.

Yeah I agree with that last bit. Atmosphere was brilliant in the sing along bits. And nothing is worth £80! Does make you realise what great value Glasto is.

Oh yeah, it certainly could've been louder, but I think it was fine for Hyde Park. Certainly better than last year and I didn't even think it was that bad last year. 

Thought it was much better organised, too. Pit entry/exit system worked really well, although I understand it was a different set-up to Thursday with two entrances? Didn't have to queue for a pint at all, walked straight up + got served by some lovely people we had a good laugh with. Great day. 

I thought as an area it was cool too, nicely themed. Also, while I didn't look around that much it seemed like the food and such on offer was better than most outdoor gigs? Seemed to be a few more unique stalls than just "Posh Burger Co." everywhere like usual

Edited by Mouseboy11

I thought the sound was loud enough, although not exactly pin sharp - particularly for some of the newer songs like I Broadcast with quite a lot going on in them.

But then again my hearing is pretty ruined. I get little pains in my inner ear when I go to gigs now, it's very distracting. I tried earplugs at Download but all I could hear when I had them in was drums and bass. Kinda worried about next weekend now to be honest :/

I was very central, so probably where sound was perfect - but I thought it was fine. Poor if you were far out or to the side, but that's understandable?

£3.49 for cash withdrawals though? fuck right off.

Aye, that was horrendous. I brought cash in with me but decided to use it on a t-shirt so I had no choice but to use the cash machine :(

Had a lovely evening! Got to front centre and the pit was a bit Reading & Leeds, but everyone was well up for it. Been a while since I've been in a big crowd singalong. Sound was good where I was for blur but shit for Metronomy, behind the barrier. Echo the not worth £80 sentiments. Also cannot believe people were buying those 330ml bottles for the same price as a pint nextdoor! (???)

I was very central, so probably where sound was perfect - but I thought it was fine. Poor if you were far out or to the side, but that's understandable?

£3.49 for cash withdrawals though? fuck right off.

i don't think you should have to turn up early to get a decent spot to get decent sound. At £80 you should be able to hear it perfectly wherever you are. If they aren't allowed to have it loud enough for everyone to hear properly they should sell less tickets accordingly.

Does anyone have the decibel levels for this year's gigs? I remember someone posting that Glastonbury pyramid stage is nearer 100 and Hyde park is like 75 or something?

My mate went there because the queue was so small only to later realise they were only selling bottles!

Unfortunately I'd queued for about 20 mins before I got to the front and found this out!

Going back AGAIN tonight. Comedy with Rich Hall and band and Marcus Brigstocke. Got the tickets for a knockdown £12.50 each before the Strokes and Blur £7.50 ones came up. In an ideal world I prob wouldn't be going (I'm def not going to drink any more) but am sure I will manage to enjoy myself regardless! 

Also annoying that Brigstocke is probably the only comedian I can fit into my schedule next weekend!