Blur?

wozwebs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was stood near the back of PSB waiting for my mates to show up and there was a bloke stood next to me who looked just like Taylor Hawkins from the Foos. Wondered if I should have said something but while I was debating this he wandered off. Just read that he was there last night... Should have said something.

It is going to piss it down all day tomorrow, then, to balance it out, we'll have glorious sunshine all week next week.....

To be fair, I'll take one for the team if that's the case...

I'm only going for the evening, but I'm now having doubts about footwear. Is it really worth wellies for Hyde Park? Shall I man it in Converse?

To be fair, I'll take one for the team if that's the case...

I'm only going for the evening, but I'm now having doubts about footwear. Is it really worth wellies for Hyde Park? Shall I man it in Converse?

The ground should be in a decent state at the moment and there'll be plenty of wood chipping down. I think old cons will be OK, so that's what I'm going with. 

Also, no one scanned our tix so presumably I could have emailed them to a mate (?!).

O_o yeah if they didn't scan them, but they should have! (That said, it did seem like it would be fairly easy to get them in a big group! :S

We're they selling pints of anything?

Yeah fiver a pint, Fosters, Heineken (50p extra!) and Strongbow! Thought both bars were doing that as the offering?

Bar towards the back next to the Barclaycard Stage was selling pints of Heineken and Fosters. Plus there was a real ale bar next to it for beardy ale types to enjoy.

O_o I didn't spot the real ale bar!!!

Sound is still poor there, so yeah best place I think was setting up behind a relay, unless you get in the pit before they close it off. (Even then towards the back the sound a bit shit). On the plus side of being behind the relay, you can still relatively see the stage but better sound and able to go to the bar/toilet as you wish.

Excited! First time seeing them, not sure how Drenge will fair on that stage, mind.

Yeah Drenge won't go down great, not the right environment for them really. Still the one I'm most looking forward to of the supports. And they'll certainly get a better reception than Jupiter & Okwess International slotted in between The Horrors and Metronomy. Not exactly the best placement for them.