Blur?

wozwebs

Are ya'll chuffed you going to see Blur or just pumped you got ia discounted ticket?

I was always going to find a way to go. Chuffed to bits I'll be seeing them mainly. I paid about normal gig prices, just couldn't stretch to bloody £70.

My eticket for presumably my second attempt came through too -no donation shown on them either.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a kick in the face for those that paid full price too. Admittedly we could have been more patient but this sort of thing seems to happen more and more...

Looking forward to it anyway, hope the weather holds

Yeah I know how this feels too - must be the only person who bought full price for Neil Young last year.

What's the forecast for Sunday?

Bit of a kick in the face for those that paid full price too. Admittedly we could have been more patient but this sort of thing seems to happen more and more...

I never had any doubt that there would be some sort of cheap ticket deal like last year (said it a few times on this thread). Just a case of being there when it happened... And Matt42 very kindly helping me out.

I think BST could have a future, but they need to look at their ticket pricing otherwise this'll keep happening.

They did say up to 24 hours for delivery so don't fret just yet.

Apologies if its been mentioned already but are they now sending out tickets in response to the e-mails we were asked to send with our donation ref numbers? I e-mailed them just before i left work yesterday but havent recieved anything yet.

Apologies if its been mentioned already but are they now sending out tickets in response to the e-mails we were asked to send with our donation ref numbers? I e-mailed them just before i left work yesterday but havent recieved anything yet.

I haven't actually received any response from my email to BST yet. Bought my tickets through the link (although I did give 20 quid to TCT) so as far as they know I have got any tickets yet. Will let them know not to worry when they finally get in touch.

I haven't actually received any response from my email to BST yet. Bought my tickets through the link (although I did give 20 quid to TCT) so as far as they know I have got any tickets yet. Will let them know not to worry when they finally get in touch.

Ahh that makes a lot more sense then. I missed out on the reposted link yesterday annoyingly so will have to hope that they get tickets to all those of us who have e-mailed them.

You could type in any amount in the box after those - minimum was £2. Not sure why they didn't set it higher to get the charities more money as still a huge discount!

To be honest, I'm sure they'd rather have sold every ticket at £80+ than make a few thousand for charity.  If the minimum donation was £50 for a pair, they'd probably think people would have less funds to spend on £5-6/pint (awful) beer....

Blur are top ofr the list, I reckon ... not necessarily top of the list of bands that are lined-up to be asked, but probably the first ones who'll say yes.

deffo going for a replacement and not a bump up then? how does it work...as in do Glastonbury now have the headliner money back to spend on a new headliner??

Definitely pays to delay.  I managed to get Macca tickets for the o2 for £26 each (worth £140 after fees!) - and then again for my mum for the Birmingham date (£140 ones for £65 each).

That said, if 50% of those who already paid £80 or more on Stubhub, had that mentality, the event would've been cancelled!

deffo going for a replacement and not a bump up then?

if they bump up Flo, they'll still have a slot to fill.

But I don't think Flo will want it anyway. It's one thing to be asked to do it because that's where you are as a band, but another thing entirely to fill-in. I reckon she'll prefer to wait to do it as 'hers'.

I think Glasto will want a similar genre act, so I reckon Swift is out of the running.

I reckon Glasto will try for AC/DC and Muse. If they say no it'll be Blur.

Ahh fair. It definitely won't be Muse because Matt's falsetto wouldn't suit a Foo Fighters cover.

Ignoring the date they also have that day.