Blur?

wozwebs

Really looking forward to tonight actually. Gonna go straight from work so should be there in time for PSB.

Managed to get my manager to let me out at 4 so I'll be on the first fast train from Reading to London Paddington and then walking to Hyde Park (in this glorious sunshine). Should get the for most of Future Islands and then straight onto PSB! Quite excited now :D

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smaller stages are indeed outside 

Check out @PSB_HQ on the @barclaycard stage right now! pic.twitter.com/LxdK6e28zm

— BST Hyde Park (@BSTHydePark)

June 18, 2015

Summer Stage! @gengahr! It's happening!!! pic.twitter.com/TcXUDxOsNS

— BST Hyde Park (@BSTHydePark)

June 18, 2015

By the way, I know this is ridiculous as I was the one sorting people with the link, but if anyone's got a spare or two going I've got a couple of mates who have now decided they might want to tag along.

I need to get some more decisive friends :banghead:

Ah my spares have been claimed otherwise I'd happily help

I reckon you'll be able to get them on the door for next to nowt

On my way back from the Strokes now. Had a really good night. Beck was feckin brilliant and the Strokes were really good too.

Hyde Park is still as soulless as it's always been. However I noticed a serious improvement in the sound quality. Was about half way back and could hear everything perfectly. Looking forward to Blur even more now.

On my way back from the Strokes now. Had a really good night. Beck was feckin brilliant and the Strokes were really good too.

Hyde Park is still as soulless as it's always been. However I noticed a serious improvement in the sound quality. Was about half way back and could hear everything perfectly. Looking forward to Blur even more now.

I used your username as my pub quiz team name tonight. Sadly, it didn't get as many laughs as I'd hoped.

Well, I thought the strokes were really good too, great setlist and they gave it some welly. Sound a bit crap where I was but really good atmosphere with everyone singing along (apart from the fight that broke out; I saw a girl steam in at one point),

Notes for sat: no searches apart from bags so I got booze in easily. Handy as meant I only had to spend £11 in there (that got me precisely two bottles of Heineken!). Also, no one scanned our tix so presumably I could have emailed them to a mate (?!).

Well, I thought the strokes were really good too, great setlist and they gave it some welly. Sound a bit crap where I was but really good atmosphere with everyone singing along (apart from the fight that broke out; I saw a girl steam in at one point),

Notes for sat: no searches apart from bags so I got booze in easily. Handy as meant I only had to spend £11 in there (that got me precisely two bottles of Heineken!). Also, no one scanned our tix so presumably I could have emailed them to a mate (?!).

Cheers for this! Weird that they're not checking the tickets...

Just looked at a recent setlist - definitely got the excitement up :) Can't wait for Trouble if they play it.

Currently thinking I'll head in at 7 for Roots Manuva hopefully with a couple of bevvies inside me so won't need to visit the bar much if at all. The forecast is affecting my pre load picnic plans somewhat mind.

Third time for me at Hyde Park and sound was as always shocking, the Strokes however were on top form and made for a very enjoyable evening, our tickets got scanned and our beers in our bags confiscated *note to self to stash them in my jeans next time*.

To whoever is going Blur get to the front bit early, we tried and they weren't letting anyone in even when hundreds were leaving, they were wayyyy over cautious. 

Third time for me at Hyde Park and sound was as always shocking, the Strokes however were on top form and made for a very enjoyable evening, our tickets got scanned and our beers in our bags confiscated *note to self to stash them in my jeans next time*.

To whoever is going Blur get to the front bit early, we tried and they weren't letting anyone in even when hundreds were leaving, they were wayyyy over cautious. 

How early? We walked in the pit around 7.30 and there was no problem

I thought the sound was much better than I expected. Was stood about half way back (in front of tower 5) and could hear perfectly, even over a rowdy crowd singing along. Stood in a similar spot for Blur in 2012 and couldn't hear a thing, so it's definitely got better IMO.

My friend walked through with two beers in his pockets - I got stopped for having a pork pie in my hand :)

Good fun evening! The sound really varied where ever you was on the park, well worth exploring the sound options if you go again!  Surprisingly a good atmosphere too! 

£5 a beer though was a bit steep!