Blur?

wozwebs

Even near the back Blur was were fucking ace tonight, ....just incredible! To think I was thinking about giving it miss this morning when i got up!

Ace setlist, ace band ....just bloody amazing! Daemon knows how to work a crowd!

Metronomy was really good to, I mean I've always liked them but was worried about seeing them on stage that big!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even near the back Blur was were fucking ace tonight, ....just incredible! To think I was thinking about giving it miss this morning when i got up!

Ace setlist, ace band ....just bloody amazing! Daemon knows how to work a crowd!

Metronomy was really good to, I mean I've always liked them but was worried about seeing them on stage that big!

'You Could Easily Have Me' went off were I was, absolutely nuts.

I thought they were brilliant :)

As usual I really struggled with the sound - we moved to a few different spots - but the setlist was great and the band gave it their all. Plus my tickets were cheap and I donated to charity so everyone's a winner.

So chuffed I go to go! Thanks all for what's been a lovely thread and a great warm up to Glasto :D

Had a bloody excellent time last night. Got some vip corporate freebies last minute which was a result.

First time seeing music in Hyde park and first time seeing blur.

Stage was massive, nd looks a fair bit like the new other stage from the pics I've seen...

The problem I'd have is now knowing I paid little this time and next time it'd be a lot. I said to myself if I take this opportunity now then that's them done and don't need to worry about them turning up at say Leeds next year. Not sure now, if Foo's and Blur both show up at Leeds which I think is very possible then I may not be able to day no. At £70 a ticket with a bill of a few more acts you like it wouldn't feel so bad lol.

End of a Century was an utterly brilliant moment. The sound was much better and the setlist was exceptional. Only gripe was having a couple of friends leave to go to the toilet and not be allowed back in to the front section. The VIP nonsense probably contributed. Otherwise it was a rather seminal night!

All this just drives home the question..why weren't they booked?

Someone posted saying that however good it was last night, Glasto 09 is still the top and I'm sure if asked it goes through Damon's mind but I reckon he probably wants to leave that gig where it is. Loves Hyde Park doesn't he, promoters know Foo's had Wembley the same weekend and the previous issue's of the park are well documented. They won't be there, well officially booked that is until they at least have a new album and that won't be anytime soon I'd suggest, unless they are eager to make one.

Top night last night. We were in the pit left of centre and the sound was pretty good. Still not quite loud enough but that's nit-picking really.

Great setlist with a nice mix of stuff in there. This is a Low was epic

In all fairness, the Blur show in Llandudno wasn't the loudest, so it could be down to the band here.

After a night's sleep I'm still confused about the universal (pun intended) positive reaction. Maybe it's where I was stood (just in front of the second 'wave' of speakers) but I just didn't get much out of it. 

It was nice to finally see them and the setlist was corking - I just expected it to reach another level that it never did. It's my first non-Glasto outdoor gig in a few years, so possibly that had an effect. It just felt a bit flat and definitely not loud enough - despite me being stood in front of a speaker.

I saw Waxahatchee at the Joiners (Southampton) on Friday and she blew them out of the water in pure enjoyment. Really great gig.

Edited by Porcelina

After a night's sleep I'm still confused about the universal (pun intended) positive reaction. Maybe it's where I was stood (just in front of the second 'wave' of speakers) but I just didn't get much out of it.

It was nice to finally see them and the setlist was corking - I just expected it to reach another level that it never did. It's my first non-Glasto outdoor gig in a few years, so possibly that had an effect. It just felt a bit flat and definitely not loud enough - despite me being stood in front of a speaker.

I saw Waxahatchee at the Joiners (Southampton) on Friday and she blew them out of the water in pure enjoyment. Really great gig.

Unfortunately with a notoriously shite venue like Hyde park this is always going to happen. I imagine a good half of the people who went came out with the same opinion as you, maybe more. whereas if they'd chosen a slightly less money spinning but fit for purpose gig venue it would have been better.

If itd been at any other London venue i would've travelled down for sure

Did Damon say anything to make it sound like it was their last gig in England?

No mate, they'll be back next year doing some fests I imagine. Damon loves HP, they've only done that off the back of a new album and IOW. I'm sure other festivals would have stayed clear knowing in advance about Foo's shows too, hence Reading have probably got them next year. I think in a different circumstance IOW would of got to announced a bit sooner.

Having been to two nights in HP in 48 hours I honestly think they have improved the sound considerably since the "turn it up!" debacle of 2012. Stood in different parts both nights and could hear fine, still not quite as loud as I'd like but it certainly wasn't quiet either.

Blur were good last night, as I said I've seen them better but the set list was strong although I did feel Thought I was a Spaceman lost the crowd a little - went to the loo halfway through and no one seemed bothered by it.

All in all a cracking night though.

Unfortunately with a notoriously shite venue like Hyde park this is always going to happen. I imagine a good half of the people who went came out with the same opinion as you, maybe more. whereas if they'd chosen a slightly less money spinning but fit for purpose gig venue it would have been better.

If itd been at any other London venue i would've travelled down for sure

No I agree. The band were great but for me the sound was still pants. That's why I wouldn't pay full price.