Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Bugger.

But best wishes to him, obviously. Is it MH issues...?

:(

Ben

I've definitely read he's had problems with some kind of chronic illness before, it's stopped him touring on the past. Not sure if it's related 

5 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

yep @kd96 - Thursday as part of a Shanti Celeste / Moxie / Saoirse / Peach b2b2b2b I think. Then early evening on Sunday, 6 to 10pm range.

I could have misheard but I'm pretty sure Moxie said on her nts show last week that her on loop showcase is the Friday at Glastonbury. Is thisb2b2b in addition to that? 

She does mention a sass show on 23rd June in a garden in Berlin, which I'm assuming is the garden at berghain, but no mention of the same at Glastonbury 

Edited by GWR

5 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Does anyone else have really low expectations of Arcadia booking wise

No way! Although it has occurred to me that maybe they are blowing all their budget in the infrastructure with very little left for bookings. 

What makes you say that Tommy? 

Edited by dccool

33 minutes ago, dccool said:

No way! Although it has occurred to me that maybe they are blowing all their budget in the infrastructure with very little left for bookings. 

What makes you say that Tommy? 

I don't think build budget will influence the line-up. I'm presuming that GFL pay the fees to all artists, so the effect of their traditionally lower fees will have the same effect on Arcadia, rather than a differentially higher one, I'd think.

Coxy will play, which is fine and I'll see him if it fits. I've not seen him before but have watched plenty online and always find him to be perfectly fine, if not someone I'd drop lots of other good DJs to get to. TBH, the line-up profile for Arcadia has tended to be themed and quite varied. There 'will' be a DnB-based night. There 'will' be a house/tech-house based night à la Solardo kind of thing. So I'm just holding onto the hope that the global resurgence in good techno, particularly in terms of big genre festivals etc, will convince Glastonbury that the new fiery beast is worthy of at least one night of gods' own dance music...

Ben

5 minutes ago, golden egg said:

Whats that bar/stage up the top of The Park field opposite the main stage? Did I see a Ben ufo and friends set in the early on Sunday 2017 complete by myself or have I made that up?

That's the Stonebridge Bar, and yes, Hessle have done stuff in there.

Ben

14 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I don't think build budget will influence the line-up. I'm presuming that GFL pay the fees to all artists, so the effect of their traditionally lower fees will have the same effect on Arcadia, rather than a differentially higher one, I'd think.

Coxy will play, which is fine and I'll see him if it fits. I've not seen him before but have watched plenty online and always find him to be perfectly fine, if not someone I'd drop lots of other good DJs to get to. TBH, the line-up profile for Arcadia has tended to be themed and quite varied. There 'will' be a DnB-based night. There 'will' be a house/tech-house based night à la Solardo kind of thing. So I'm just holding onto the hope that the global resurgence in good techno, particularly in terms of big genre festivals etc, will convince Glastonbury that the new fiery beast is worthy of at least one night of gods' own dance music...

Ben

DnB night on Arcadia looks to be the Sunday

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

DnB night on Arcadia looks to be the Sunday

Which is fine, as that will draw lots away from the SEC until 0230h so I can get well into IICON etc.

I'm also hoping, as I always do, that The Unfairground throws up a few little gems for me. I don't think I really understand that area properly in terms of its 'character'...but I did have fun with Radioactive Man and his quality electro in Jagz's Acid Lounge in 2017...

Ben

39 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm presuming that GFL pay the fees to all artists, so the effect of their traditionally lower fees will have the same effect on Arcadia

Never really thought about it much but I'd presumed (wrongly as per) that places like Arcadia and most of the SEC paid their own artists as they were more 'stand alone' parts of glasto.

Thinking about it that makes no sense now I've written it down and read it back!

Anyway, I'm hoping for at least 1 really good night spent at Arcadia listening to some top tech house. If it is DnB night Sunday then that suits me as I'll be off to the SE corner for the final push.

35 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Who gets booked for an Arcadia Techno night? Probably gonna be your drumcode type stuff which isn’t all that exciting for me personally. I’ve higher hopes of seeing a good techno set at Bloc9. 

You can’t really put anyone on there who isn’t a massive name can you.

Daniel Avery probably be on Arcadia?

30 minutes ago, golden egg said:

Thanks. Why can’t I find any record of it though?! Seems weird that no one else was there. 

Stonebridge always has a good line up, Bicep and Friends last time our was good fun, goes till 5am and a good alternative to SEC in my opinion, had some very fun nights in there over the years. 

7 hours ago, Homer said:

Arcadia doesn’t really do strictly themed nights (d and b, techno, etc). They normally just mix it up a bit each night 

5A356433-5DAC-4C49-8C03-A7C0D7737A7D.jpeg

Well yes and no! I still think that that Friday is pretty consistent genre wise, and you could argue that the Saturday, (JH aside) has a breaks/DnB theme. I suppose what I’m saying is that, since 2015, there’s not been a solid techno line up!!!

Ben

Soooo, how many more dance music spots get their own announcements? I’m slowly getting my must see’s together, happy to see some acts play couple of times during the fest too, as clashes will be unavoidable for me I reckon.

28 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The dream for me is a Cirez D set somewhere.

Ok, can you stop it now please, Fuzz?

I've already been told that Blawan** isn't coming. I don't need my hopes raised for Cirez D, only for them to be dashed!

**on a purely selfish note, and not in anyway failing to sympathise with his problems, I only just remembered that I've booked a ticket for one of the Dimensions tunnel parties with Blawan headlining, so I really hope he's well again by then.

Ben