Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

14 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

DnB night on Arcadia looks to be the Sunday

Be interested to know what's on Saturday, as I'l be doing my Arcadia night that night (presumably along with everyone else at the Chemical Brothers).

1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

Soooo, how many more dance music spots get their own announcements? I’m slowly getting my must see’s together, happy to see some acts play couple of times during the fest too, as clashes will be unavoidable for me I reckon.

Must be a fair few areas yet to come, as Stanton Warriors said on Facebook they are playing x4 over the weekend and they're only down for the Spaceport so far. I reckon they'll be on Arcadia - and then I'm struggling a bit.

1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

Soooo, how many more dance music spots get their own announcements? I’m slowly getting my must see’s together, happy to see some acts play couple of times during the fest too, as clashes will be unavoidable for me I reckon.

Block9

Unfairground

Arcadia

Beat Hotel (occasionally gets their own announcment)

Stonebridge Bar (again, unlikely to get their own)

So, after Silver Hayes, we still have the three biggest 'dance' areas in Block9, UFG and the Spider's successor.

What a time to be alive...

:)

Ben

Read yesterday that Gaz Cobain from The Future Sound of London is DJing The Little Chill festival - I would give my right leg to see FSOL or Amorphous Androgynous at Glastonbury. 

Edited by rubick
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, rubick said:

Read yesterday that Gaz Cobain from The Future Sound of London is DJing The Little Chill festival - I would give my right leg to see FSOL or Amorphous Androgynous at Glastonbury. 

That would be amazing. Did see Gaz Cobain DJ at the Big chill and that was great, he dropped Silver machine part way through as well.

I remember many years ago at Glastonbury there was a cinema in a filed just up and left from the pyramid (camping and toilet now). They had a surround sound set up for it. Thursday afternoon they played Lifeforms in full. I sat in the middle and closed my eyes and drifted away. Lovey

Thanks for noting out the Little Chill. see it is run by Pete Laurence, who did the big chill, in add of camplight. Very tempted by this, line up right up my street and Norman Jay as well :)

I see that Max Cooper is playing. Love One Hundred Billion Sparks, which he toured and I missed :( . Anyone know if it is a live set or DJ set and if the later what is he like? I will look up some DJ set but thought I would come to the collective wisdom first

3 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I remember many years ago at Glastonbury there was a cinema in a filed just up and left from the pyramid (camping and toilet now). They had a surround sound set up for it. Thursday afternoon they played Lifeforms in full. I sat in the middle and closed my eyes and drifted away. Lovey

Thanks for noting out the Little Chill. see it is run by Pete Laurence, who did the big chill, in add of camplight. Very tempted by this, line up right up my street and Norman Jay as well :)

Very jealous of that! 

Gaz turned 50 yesterday, which may or may not give you a sense of your own mortality!

3 minutes ago, rubick said:

Very jealous of that! 

Gaz turned 50 yesterday, which may or may not give you a sense of your own mortality!

Man that is my Friday ruined ;)

*runs off to make Bucket list*

Friends did see FSOL at the essential festival many moons ago. Bit of a mixed reaction, as they were not there and played life from their studio, as they did.

Edited by fred quimby

6 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Friends did see FSOL at the essential festival many moons ago. Bit of a mixed reaction, as they were not there and played life from their studio, as they did.

Ah, must have been during the ISDN series. I have never seen FSOL or AA in any capacity - Gaz and Brian have been locked away in the studio for a couple of years making the next AA album 'We Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal', which is nearing completion. Despite working on it they still found time to release 3 other FSOL albums in the last 18 months. I'm forever grateful they still have the passion for what they do.

5 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Saw them do this at BLOC very dissappointing, to say the least. FSOL music helped shaped my music tastes

On 5/15/2019 at 9:02 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

DnB night on Arcadia looks to be the Sunday

Looks like I was wrong about this and Arcadia might be various genres across the weekend each night. Sub Focus is playing Arcadia on the Saturday and Dimension is playing there on the Sunday 

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I see that Max Cooper is playing. Love One Hundred Billion Sparks, which he toured and I missed :( . Anyone know if it is a live set or DJ set and if the later what is he like? I will look up some DJ set but thought I would come to the collective wisdom first

I'm as certain as I could be that it'll be his OHBS live A/V, and he's playing the Gas Tower on the Sunday. The 360deg visuals are perfect for what he does.

If it's as good as the Emergence live A/V then it's likely to be one of my sets of the weekend. Can. Not. Wait.

Just hope the Gas Tower sound is special - I saw him on the Sunrise stage at Latitude which has the best sound on site and it was spectacular.

Ben

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Looks I was wrong about this and Arcadia might be various genres across the weekend each night. Sub Focus is playing Arcadia on the Saturday and Dimension is playing there on the Sunday 

Hmmm...

This may not be the best news for me if, say, the set I want is at 0100h and I've got to consider leaving and then getting back into the SEC...

If it's super varied, I'm not sure that's great programming, particularly in light of the crowd distribution. Surely better to, say, aim to have a massive DnB crowd there from 0000-0300h, rather than have many thousands come for an hour or so and then move elsewhere.

We'll see, kids...

Ben

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm as certain as I could be that it'll be his OHBS live A/V, and he's playing the Gas Tower on the Sunday. The 360deg visuals are perfect for what he does.

If it's as good as the Emergence live A/V then it's likely to be one of my sets of the weekend. Can. Not. Wait.

Just hope the Gas Tower sound is special - I saw him on the Sunrise stage at Latitude which has the best sound on site and it was spectacular.

Ben

Cheers Ben

Certainly could be my Sunday highlight

2 hours ago, fred quimby said:

The outdoor cinema was in the field that is now being used for the John Peel Stage.

I too would love to see FSOL or AA at the festival this year!

Does anyone else think that there is a possibility that we could see Orbital on the line up for the new IICON stage in Block9?

23 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

The outdoor cinema was in the field that is now being used for the John Peel Stage.

Just had a look. The one I was thinking of was at the bottom of Kidney Mead. 1994. Not actually sure what they did as they had a screen and these speakers. maybe they just showed odd videos or they did show films.  I was camped not far from them but just only remember FSOL

4 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Just had a look. The one I was thinking of was at the bottom of Kidney Mead. 1994. Not actually sure what they did as they had a screen and these speakers. maybe they just showed odd videos or they did show films.  I was camped not far from them but just only remember FSOL

I only remember going to the outdoor cinema in 1999 and/or 2000 as we camped in the field immediately north of the current location of the JPT. It may not have even been there in both those years, my memories of back then are a bit hazy and the 98, 99 & 00 festivals seem to blend into 1. I was talking to an old friend who used to go to Glastonbury with us back then, it turns out that she had been telling people for years that she missed Bowie in 2000 to see REM instead - REM played in 1999! 

53 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Looking forward to this. Was hoping dark sky or rival consoles might get added somewhere as never heard either of those live or dj sets. Think that's wishful thinking tho

9 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I only remember going to the outdoor cinema in 1999 and/or 2000 as we camped in the field immediately north of the current location of the JPT. It may not have even been there in both those years, my memories of back then are a bit hazy and the 98, 99 & 00 festivals seem to blend into 1. I was talking to an old friend who used to go to Glastonbury with us back then, it turns out that she had been telling people for years that she missed Bowie in 2000 to see REM instead - REM played in 1999! 

oh you are correct on the outdoor Cinema field and where it was. No idea what the thing I saw actually was. And yes they all generally roll into one hazy lovely memory

2 hours ago, GWR said:

Looking forward to this. Was hoping dark sky or rival consoles might get added somewhere as never heard either of those live or dj sets. Think that's wishful thinking tho

Been wanting to see Rival Consoles since Howl, but he doesn’t seem to tour a lot/widely...one day...

Ben

• Like 1