Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

I'm starting to have doubts = San Remo revealed 😂

There was a comment on the map thread, saying that it's what one of their stages at their festival is called. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanremo

It's the name of the Italian town where the singing contest, that inspired Eurovision comes from. (Probably unrelated)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanremo#/media/File:Collage_sanremo.png

This picture has some very eastern/Moroccan architecture to it. So there's a bit of a link to the Morocco vibes it has.

Perhaps they will decorate it similarly to this? Probably ditch the vegas looking hotel sign & go for something different, hopefully  a new sign as that was such a good spot. (without it, it's mostly another tent)

The%20Beat%20Hotel%20Marrakech_JustinGar

Now to wait & see what music they're gonna have 👀

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fish Bulb said:

At the risk of sounding greedy, is there going to be (or is there already) a 2022 version of this spreadsheet someone built in 2019: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BzyCqFTgA8W64VGxlTA-ctmum77HUPvjltC8MJ8K0uc/edit?usp=sharing

I found it brilliant for sampling the dance acts before going that year! Thanks in advance (or apologies if I'm asking for too much!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ef64jsnmwcUxLSEuibH6UOjBTaMdlqW6lBNWzJWG1P4/edit?usp=sharing

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Same for Prospa & Fred Again (maybe even Mall Grab)

I suppose still there's still the new Beat Hotel, though are we even sure it's coming back/being replaced? 

Starting to have doubts, feel like Silver Hayes has ticked so many of the boxes it used to be about.

They’re definitely coming back, checked in on that today. Couldn’t get any further info though.

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

What's the club? I had a night out at Tresor in 2018 and loved it. Would have tried Berghain too but we went Sunday-Thursday and it wasn't open. Tresor was a student techno night. 

Anomalie Art Club. Hopefully the linked RA link will work below. Child 1 has confirmed he has tickets and it's one of the 'easier' doors in the city. Game on. 

Ben

https://ra.co/events/1479975

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tremas said:

Thrilled by Dixon on the lineup. His closing set on the airbase stage at Lost Village last year was exceptional. 

I do wonder what stage they’ll put him on as the visuals are pretty key for the transmoderna shows.

That's got Gas Tower written all over it.

Ben

3 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

I'm starting to have doubts = San Remo revealed 😂

There was a comment on the map thread, saying that it's what one of their stages at their festival is called. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanremo

It's the name of the Italian town where the singing contest, that inspired Eurovision comes from. (Probably unrelated)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanremo#/media/File:Collage_sanremo.png

This picture has some very eastern/Moroccan architecture to it. So there's a bit of a link to the Morocco vibes it has.

Perhaps they will decorate it similarly to this? Probably ditch the vegas looking hotel sign & go for something different, hopefully  a new sign as that was such a good spot. (without it, it's mostly another tent)

The%20Beat%20Hotel%20Marrakech_JustinGar

Now to wait & see what music they're gonna have 👀

My friends went to their festival in Morocco and having seen pictures of the stages I thought it would be similar to this. Not sure on music though but might be a bit more world music. 

2 minutes ago, Divein said:

My friends went to their festival in Morocco and having seen pictures of the stages I thought it would be similar to this. Not sure on music though but might be a bit more world music. 

Yeah from what I’ve heard a change in style would make sense.

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

If anyone is like me and bloody loves acid-inflected electro, check out Client_03 on Spotify. He/She/They have gone straight onto the must-see list.

(on today's Shangri-La drop)

Ben

Throw in some dark disco and I'll take ten of those young man. 

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If anyone is like me and bloody loves acid-inflected electro, check out Client_03 on Spotify. He/She/They have gone straight onto the must-see list.

(on today's Shangri-La drop)

Ben

@Superunknown - if you're still looking for thoughts about genres/sub-genres, search for Client_03 on Spotify and play the first few 'most popular' tracks on the page - classic sound for electro, but also with some fantastic 303-type acid squelch in there too.

Ben

8 hours ago, Fish Bulb said:

I'd give more than one upvote if I could. Merci! 

8 hours ago, gfa said:

Thanks for sharing it, I've been squirrelling away at it a bit since I'm back home this week. I'll be adding some of the recently mentioned DnB soon, and any others worth noting, when I get time to add more. (hopefully during what should be work time tomorrow) 

Thanks to those that have been adding.  The spreadsheet lives!  🙌

• Upvote 1

A little off topic, but my 7-year old asked me the other day "Daddy, what does a DJ do?" so I played her a few of the sets from YouTube on this thread. Had a good little dance. 😃

It wasn't until afterwards I thought to ask her why she wanted to know... I'd forgotten she has her first ever school disco coming up and one of the teachers will be DJing. I fear I may have given her totally unrealistic expectations for what it's going to be like! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Shangs lineup is completely stacked. Jesus, they have really SMASHED it this year. Honestly don't know how I'm gonna fit even 5% of what I want to see in tbh. 

Bonobo and Maribou in Shangs, am I dreaming?

yeah i feel Maribou have slipped under the radar in the sheer size of that lineup but they're a very big name I'd love to go and see!

24 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

A little off topic, but my 7-year old asked me the other day "Daddy, what does a DJ do?" so I played her a few of the sets from YouTube on this thread. Had a good little dance. 😃

It wasn't until afterwards I thought to ask her why she wanted to know... I'd forgotten she has her first ever school disco coming up and one of the teachers will be DJing. I fear I may have given her totally unrealistic expectations for what it's going to be like! 

Maybe the teacher is going to shock everyone and pull an Acid Techno set out the bag

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

yeah i feel Maribou have slipped under the radar in the sheer size of that lineup but they're a very big name I'd love to go and see!

I thought I'd seen a Maribou State DJ set before and loved it but, having just checked, it turns out that it was in fact live 😅

Regardless, I'll be there should clashes allow. 

29 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Sounds like the perfect time to teach her how to DJ! She'll be smashing out a deconstructed techno set at 4am in Block 9 before you know it.

Edited by Zacko