Pink Floyd?

Woffy

On 06/12/2015 at 6:04 PM, russycarps said:

Yeah what the fuck? The wall is ace. Even the trial has grown on me in recent years. I wonder what tracks this fellow considers to be duds?

It's the pink Floyd album I listen to most.

With you on that...........or maybe its Wish you were here?

Ok, maybe both.

Actually I really like Animals too.......oh and Meddle........and of course Dark Side......

I like Floyd......I really like Floyd.......but they're gone. RIP Rick.

On 12/5/2015 at 11:35 AM, Justiceforcedave said:

As for the Pumpkins/Cohen. Again just hearsay. I don't believe they have ever been referenced as a headliner anywhere other that people speculating on these boards that they "should have been".

should have been Pumpkins/Prodigy in '97...Pumpkins at that point were one of the biggest selling bands in the world.

On 12/5/2015 at 8:21 AM, GlastoEls said:

The Wall album certainly a curious one - full credit to Roger for the vision, but I find lots of it unlistenable, especially the theatrical bits.

Obviously the famous tracks - In The Flesh, Another Brick, Mother, Numb, Run Like Hell etc are classics - but the stuff in between?

by 'etc' i hope you meant Goodbye Blue Sky

• 1 month later...

David Gilmour’s ‘Rattle That Lock’ global tour is set to continue in Europe during 2016 and more details were revealed today for the previously announced very special concert in Freedom Square, Wroclaw, Poland. Taking place on 25 June 2016, the concert will form part of the city’s celebrations as European Capital of Culture 2016. Tickets are on sale from 12:00pm CET on Tuesday 26 January.

The concert will be the first on David Gilmour’s ‘Rattle That Lock’ tour to include a 30-piece orchestra conducted by long term David Gilmour collaborator Zbigniew Preisner and will also include a special guest appearance by Polish pianist Leszek Mozdzer. The special one-off event, located on Freedom Square in front of the National Forum of Music, will be filmed by Aubrey ‘Po’ Powell and broadcast live on Polish TV.

David Gilmour last performed in Poland in 2006, in the Gdansk shipyards, to celebrate the founding of the Solidarity trade union. The show became the successful live album and DVD ‘Live In Gdansk’ and also featured Pink Floyd’s Richard Wright.

The date is:

Saturday 25 June     Poland           Wroclaw                   Freedom Square

• 8 months later...
17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

No. 

If we're talking Floyd tunes at Glasto give me Waters any day. Especially if hes playing similar to the recent setlists.

Hes playing Neil Youngs Bridge School Benefit over the weekend. 

yeah waters setlists are mindblowing at the moment. Having him close that festival was absolutely the right thing to do.

Cant wait for that tour to come to europe. Shame it will cost £100+ to see it...

I guess gilmour isnt comfortable playing a gig full of songs that someone else wrote (apart from his wife)

I saw Gilmour a couple of weeks back at the Royal Albert Hall, incredible gig - right up there with one of my fave gigs ever - only 3 or 4 tunes from latest album (which yes, is a bit meh!)....pretty much everything else was Floyd tunes....One of these days, Time, Great Gig, Money, Run like hell, Comfortably Numb etc......

Cant see him doing Glasto though....but would be something to behold!

I do need to see the Waters tour when it lands back over here though - its on the bucket list!

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

:lol: ... that should say 'move' :lol:

The joys of spellcheckers that pick up mis-spelled words but not correctly spelled words that are the wrong words.  I once knew someone who was wished good suck at their job interview.

57 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

The joys of spellcheckers that pick up mis-spelled words but not correctly spelled words that are the wrong words.  I once knew someone who was wished good suck at their job interview.

I once had a phone that would routinely change my name, Rich, to 'Shag' :wacko:

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

My phone once changed 'possessions' to 'pie designs'. 

Mine keeps changing Woffy to Wifey. Have to watch out for that one.

It also once changed an entire message from "love you, be home soon" to "already smashed so going to stay out in town"

• Upvote 1