Pink Floyd?

Woffy

1 hour ago, GlastoEls said:

^ That was David Gilmour's show (featuring Rick) rather than Pink Floyd, no?

I doubt very much that Pink Floyd were ever going to play in 2008, for a number of reasons; David Gilmour has been very much against reviving the band for a long time, and did the Live 8 show reluctantly. He's said Live 8 was the perfect way to end their live career. If they were to randomly to one show, why a festival? It's not like they've shown any interest in it before. 

At that time (early summer) Roger Waters was still touring the DSOTM shows in Europe. I think it highly likely that it was him that was in the running. In fact, when he played at Glastonbury in 2002, I recall ME saying that they've booked Pink Floyd.

46 minutes ago, The Nal said:

It was defo Gilmour with Wright and maybe Mason. Eavis said he got a call from "Gilmours people" 3 weeks before the festival. Which was silly. 

Theres a petition here to get him to play this year. Started in June and so far 4 signatures. 

I'm not convinced. He probably meant Waters' people

11 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Are we all ready to accept that the final cut is better than everything that followed it yet?

Thats not really up for debate is it? Everything that followed was dogshit.

Rodge free dogshit.

Momentary Lapse is one of the worst albums ever released by a major band.

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Thats not really up for debate is it? Everything that followed was dogshit.

Rodge free dogshit.

Momentary Lapse is one of the worst albums ever released by a major band.

goddam I was sure there were some committed gilmour fans on here who wouldnt accept that a while back.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Where Floyd are concerned, I'm more of a Gilmour fan, than Waters and definitely think their work suffered when Gilmour started writing less. Good as the wall and final cut are, they're not a patch on the previous 4 albums.

However, Gilmour's solo stuff  is almost all kaka poo pants (the best stuff on division bell is Rick's) and not a patch on anything Waters has ever done.  

I much prefer the wall to dark side of the moon. The rest are much harder to rank. I have always been a bit baffled by the extreme love for dark side, in comparison to their other albums (not from you, from people in general I mean)

33 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Wish you were here and Animals for me. 

Totally agree Scruffylove.  I do love The Wall though and Atom Heart Mother.  I left AHM in the car once, my illustrious other half borrowed my car.  When he came back he said 'what is that horrible noise coming from your car'.  :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

That looks fantastic. Where, when and what is that show?

Zocalo Square. Mexico City. October 1st 2016. It's Roger Waters (on his first date since The Wall tour I think).

My mate went and to another one over there as well. He's also going to see him twice in Canada later this year. He is a jammy git.

12 hours ago, paulshane said:

The Roger Waters set in 2002 still stands as possibly the best live performance I've ever seen, and at the time I only had a vague interest in Pink Floyd/the solo stuff. I think it was the first year with the extra speakers, and they were put up just before he went on. I still vividly recall the sound of jets flying overhead that was so realistic there was a reverse mexican wave where the entire crowd ducked from right to left, because the surround sound was so good. Amazing stuff!

i remember that effect well and even the applause the stagehands were getting as they set up and the video screen was finished, etc... he had a 2-hour set from 735pm probably the last time we'll ever get anything like that so long like that early on the Pyramid. Following year Yes were supposed to have 2 hrs on the Jazz Field in the afternoon but that was in the days when overruns were common, running orders were mere suggestions and instead of having Yes cut into the next act they only were given about an hour.

19 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I agree dark side is overrated. Wall at it's best is magnificent, but I rarely sit down and listen to it all. And I can't be arsed with the last few songs.

Wish you were here and Animals for me. 

Agree with this, 

Wish you were here , ahead of Animals followed by The Wall and Dark Side

Pretty much the playlist of my adolescence with  the 3 Hendrix and 3 Cream albums thrown in.