Pink Floyd?

Woffy

12 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I listened to that on the way in today. The start and end is ace, but the middle....not so much.

Fearless, San Tropez and Seamus? Tunes!

Love the dog on lead vocals from Pompeii.

Theres a trio. Dave on harmonica, Roger lead guitar, Nobs on vocals. 

Edited by The Nal

32 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Fearless, San Tropez and Seamus? Tunes!

Love the dog on lead vocals from Pompeii.

Theres a trio. Dave on harmonica, Roger lead guitar, Nobs on vocals. 

san tropez really boils my piss, always has done.

no love for a saucerful of secrets on here as usual, fuck this place.

I sense a PF list coming on

Will stick to non-Syd albums as for my sins, I don't REALLY know the Syd records as much as I should:

1) WWYH

2) Wall

3) Meddle

4) Animals

5) Dark Side

6) Final Cut

Momentary lapse and Division Bell don't count as I was talking about the 'classic lineup' so to speak.

Oh I almost forgot

9. Pablo Honey

55 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I listened to that on the way in today. The start and end is ace, but the middle....not so much.

yup....'One of These Days' is an epic track....one of the highlights from the Earl's Court gig in 1994 for me....which oddly was the only night they opened with 'Astronomy Domine' rather than 'Shine On.....'

Pink Floyd were the second band I ever saw live (Sparks being the first!!!!).  Not really knowing what going to gigs was like I dressed up smart (white trousers, leather tailored jacket, large collar shirt - well I thought it was smart in 1974).  Looked a bit out of place against the sea of denim!!  Lots of people shouting for "Wally" if I remember correctly :-).  Played DOSTM and some "new stuff" including one about a diamond which we thought was pretty good!!!!

Happy days!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Also forgot Atom Heart Mother, More and Obscured by Clouds.

(and I don't remember Wish We You Here :P)

I don't consider Obscured to be an album really - wasn't it a film soundtrack?

always assumed AHM was a Syd album - same with more! Shows what I bloody know!

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

yup....'One of These Days' is an epic track....one of the highlights from the Earl's Court gig in 1994 for me....which oddly was the only night they opened with 'Astronomy Domine' rather than 'Shine On.....'

They opened with AD quite a few times on the tour, and 4 or 5 times at Earls Court.  The show I saw we got DSOTM, which I was ecstatic about - but would love to have heard AD, one of my favourite Floyd tracks, which was not played to make room.

Edited by henry bear

11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Better than Rock me Amadeus

ANYTHING is better than that mate

well, maybe not EVERYTHING

10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not a big fan of the studio half, but I love the live half of Ummagumma.

AGREED

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Glastonbury goes out live or almost live all over the world. Glastonbury50 is going to be bigged up to the max. The only time in recent history that the band played together was for a huge worldwide event..... So maybe?

I don't see it. Why would Gilmour care about Glastonbury's anniversary? If he wanted to revive Floyd, and he's always at pains to say he doesn't, I don't think it would be to take part in this celebration of a festival with which he has no connection. He was very reluctant to do Live 8, and to be honest that was the perfect finale for Floyd, what with it being the four of them. 

Someone at work buys Classic Rock magazine and there's a pile of them in the mess room. Some of which I've relocated to trap 2 of the shitter, so I've got something to read when my book is a hardback and too difficult to sneak in there. It's a fucking terrible magazine.

It seems almost every other issue is a Pink Floyd 'special'. 

And in every single one both Gilmore and Waters are adamant they're fucking done with the band in any form. 

The Live Aid thing or whatever it was even sounded mostly torturous. And was instigated by Waters due to Geldof's connivance. Even after Gilmour was cajoled into it he had to keep telling Waters to shut up and fuck off when Waters kept offering up ideas for the set...on the basis that it wasn't 'his' band anymore and had no rights to the name.

Floyd are done.  

And Ummagumma is total w*nk. 

Just have Waters and Mason play it.  I know Gilmore is a ridiculous miss but Id be happy enough with the two to play along with some other musicians.  

Fuck id be happy for just Waters to play and do The Wall. Fuck Gilmore if he wants to sulk in the corner. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm just happy this is at least being discussed. We all know how these reunion deals start - a few innocuous comments here, a couple of tenuous newspaper articles there. 

A Pink Floyd reunion (of sorts) is the only thing that would really blow my mind that the Eavii are yet to book for Glastonbury. We've had the Stones, Kanye was a disaster, we've finally got Radiohead again, we missed the chance with Prince...but Floyd is still there as an option where three of them are still alive and they still sound ace live, however unlikely it may seem at the minute.

I try to be hopeful more than dismissive in life since it's a more fun way to live. So sort your shit our Gilmour and let's have it :)

Edited by jparx