Pink Floyd?

Woffy

1 hour ago, Ovechkin said:

its sad that a massive band that share so much of GFL values never will headline. Guess they'll tour Europe 2018 when its a fallow year, I bet they wouldn't hesitate a moment if they were approached to play further on. But I think their window has closed, which is unfortunate for one of the best live bands, still, in the world.

Obviously You are talking about pearl jam....... 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, mungo57 said:

Been saying that for years!

Would need to have a headline slot somewhere though and a long set. I'm not sure he'd do it - Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson haven't exactly had a rich history of doing festivals but you never know!

I posted a bit back that "Fear of a Blank Planet " would be amazing headline set at Jazz World 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Not sure how they'd go down at a festival.

He did a festival in Spain last year, though that was a Prog festival.

On the one hand you think, if someone likes music then they'll like Hand,Cannot.Erase.Then on the other hand, you can imagine someone at a festival wondering past a Steven Wilson set and think it's a bit boring and carry on past.

yep, I think the same - proper musos will love it but casuals may find it a bit wishy washy.

Shame really, the Prog festival last year had one hell of a lineup. I must make my way over for it one year. Not many places that I can think of that would be better for a outdoor festival than by the beach in Barcelona :D

• 3 months later...

First night of Roger's Us + Them tour on Sunday night. Look at this shit.

Set 1
Speak to Me (over speakers)
Breathe
One of These Days
Time
Breathe (Reprise)
The Great Gig in the Sky
Welcome to the Machine
Déjà Vu
The Last Refugee
Picture That
Wish You Were Here
The Happiest Days of Our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
Another Brick in the Wall Part 3

Set 2
Dogs
Pigs (Three Different Ones)
Money
Us and Them
Smell the Roses
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Encore
Vera
Bring the Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

obama-sweating-300x170.jpg

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

That's in contention for greatest setlist I've ever seen. 

That, with Dave and Nick on the Pyramid stage 2020.

It was a "dress rehearsal" gig which I guess means its a little souped up but holy heck!

Really taken with his new songs so far too. This tour is gonna be un-miss-a-ble.

Edited by dentalplan

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Set 1
Breathe
One of These Days
Time
Breathe (Reprise)
The Great Gig in the Sky
Welcome to the Machine
Déjà Vu
The Last Refugee
Picture That
Wish You Were Here

Set 2
Dogs
Money
Us and Them
Smell the Roses
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Encore
Vera
Bring the Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

That is certainly epic.  I expect the visuals to be similarly jaw-dropping.

Wow. 

His show at Manchester Arena* on the Wall tour years ago is potentially the best show I've ever seen. From the music to the visuals, it was just perfect. 

*I don't think sharing fond memories at this time is inappropriate, and definitely not my intention,  but please correct me if wrong and I will edit. 

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Wow. 

His show at Manchester Arena* on the Wall tour years ago is potentially the best show I've ever seen. From the music to the visuals, it was just perfect. 

*I don't think sharing fond memories at this time is inappropriate, and definitely not my intention,  but please correct me if wrong and I will edit. 

Not at all. I saw that show. With DSOTM as the second set. Bloody great. 

Not a bad case to talk of positive and good gigs at The MEN venue. To be encouraged I think. 

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Set 1
Breathe
One of These Days
Time
Breathe (Reprise)
The Great Gig in the Sky
Welcome to the Machine
Déjà Vu
The Last Refugee
Picture That
Wish You Were Here

Set 2
Dogs
Money
Us and Them
Smell the Roses
Brain Damage
Eclipse

Encore
Vera
Bring the Boys Back Home
Comfortably Numb

Awesome. Looking forward to the new album too.

6 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Wow. 

I went to The Wall live at the MEN in about 2009 (I think) and it was stunning - flying pigs massive judge and teacher puppets and a great big wall!

No Run Like Hell? Absolutely immense live.. (with David anyway).

Having seen David at Royal Albert Hall last year (one of the best gigs I've b3en too) and seeing the shows Roger is still doing (on youtube) it makes me want to shake some sense into them.. I'd pay a fucking fortune to see them together again.. shame they are both filthy rich already. Do it in honour of Rick guys!

21 minutes ago, Jugtanion said:

I went to The Wall live at the MEN in about 2009 (I think) and it was stunning - flying pigs massive judge and teacher puppets and a great big wall!

I was there, amazing gig. I was gutted as a teenager to miss out on tickets for Floyd's 1981 run of The Wall shows at Earls Court because we sent a cheque instead of postal orders. I had to wait until 1988 to see the Floyd at Wembley, and 2011 to see RW perform The Wall in Manchester.

29 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

No Run Like Hell? Absolutely immense live.. (with David anyway).

Having seen David at Royal Albert Hall last year (one of the best gigs I've b3en too) and seeing the shows Roger is still doing (on youtube) it makes me want to shake some sense into them.. I'd pay a fucking fortune to see them together again.. shame they are both filthy rich already. Do it in honour of Rick guys!

Yup. 

Combine Roger's ambition / vision and David's unbelievable voice / guitar and you'd have...

.. well, Floyd in the 70s!

As a side note, the Gilmour Royal Albert Hall show from 2006 (where Nick Mason guested for the encore, not the Bowie night) remains my favourite.  That version of Echoes was incredible!

29 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I was there, amazing gig. I was gutted as a teenager to miss out on tickets for Floyd's 1981 run of The Wall shows at Earls Court because we sent a cheque instead of postal orders. I had to wait until 1988 to see the Floyd at Wembley, and 2011 to see RW perform The Wall in Manchester.

Aye - 2011, that would've been it. Remember Nobody Home when RW was sat in the little room in front of the TV made my hairs stand on end. That show really brought the album to life.