Pink Floyd?

Woffy

So their latest offering will be their last apparently.

Might the Eavii try to get them to headline?

Would you be arsed if they did / didn't?

I can't say I'm looking forward to it. It's a polished up out-take album of one of their worst records.

EDIT: The album that is. I'd quite like to hear their old tunes from the Pyramid.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

hasn't the album re-ignited the animosity between Roger and David. Roge isn't on the album at all, is he?

No hes not. He has no desire to be associated with it. Or that other monstrosity of an album.

The album is pooh. Marginally better than Momentary Lapse. Gilmours missus wrote most of it. Waterless era Pink Floyd shouldn't be called Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd-lite maybe. Or "forgery" as Roger said.

The Eavis's had their chance to get pink floyd to play and completely and utterly blew it.

But at least we got kings of leon that year.

What is the story behind that?

What is the story behind that?

Gilmour: One of the last things he wanted to do, in this last year, was to do a big outdoor festival, such as Glastonbury. We weren't able to do that due for all sorts of strange reasons, which, again, is a sadness."

Emily Eavis responded with sadness to Gilmour's comments. "We were obviously upset to hear him say that," she told BBC 6 Music. "I think maybe he has been misinformed by someone that it was some sort of thing about them, but it wasn't at all, it was just purely because we couldn't fit them on anywhere."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/oct/07/pink.floyd.keyboardist.denied.last.wish

Gilmour: One of the last things he wanted to do, in this last year, was to do a big outdoor festival, such as Glastonbury. We weren't able to do that due for all sorts of strange reasons, which, again, is a sadness."

Emily Eavis responded with sadness to Gilmour's comments. "We were obviously upset to hear him say that," she told BBC 6 Music. "I think maybe he has been misinformed by someone that it was some sort of thing about them, but it wasn't at all, it was just purely because we couldn't fit them on anywhere."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/oct/07/pink.floyd.keyboardist.denied.last.wish

Hmmm.... 3 weeks notice is a bit stupid in fairness. Getting a reputation for bumping acts at that short notice would have harmed the festival. Anyway, seems it was a Rogerless affair which isn't really Pink Floyd.

Why didn't she ask them to play 2009?

Just as well by the way. I didn't go in 2008!!

Hmmm.... 3 weeks notice is a bit stupid in fairness. Getting a reputation for bumping acts at that short notice would have harmed the festival. Anyway, seems it was a Rogerless affair which isn't really Pink Floyd.

I agree about the short notice, but was a once in a lifetime situation so I doubt the reputation of the festival would have been harmed. Any of those headliners could have been told to fuck off with no harm done.

It could have happened if the Eavis's had wanted it to. I have a feeling roger would have been up for it, given the dying wish angle.

I think the slight problem with 2009 was rick was a bit dead by then!

Richard Wright died in September 2008. if i remember correctly Glastonbury / a big festival date was something he wanted to do before he died which the rest of the band were happy to do for him, so yeah, '08 was the only shot they had which is a shame

hasn't the album re-ignited the animosity between Roger and David. Roge isn't on the album at all, is he?

less likely than ever I'd say

along with Zeppelin, we can finally put them to rest

"Roge" isn't in Pink Floyd though, is he?

I like the Divison Bell. Probably my second favourite Floyd album. But then I've always been more of a Gilmour fan than a Roger Whinger fan anyway...

"Roge" isn't in Pink Floyd though, is he?

No his been very clear about that

This was posted on his official Facebook :P

"Some people have been asking Laurie, my wife, about a new album I have coming out in November. Errhh? I don’t have an album coming out, they are probably confused. David Gilmour and Nick Mason have an album coming out. It’s called 'Endless River'. David and Nick constitute the group Pink Floyd. I on the other hand, am not part of Pink Floyd. I left Pink Floyd in 1985, that’s 29 years ago. I had nothing to do with either of the Pink Floyd studio albums, 'Momentary Lapse Of Reason' and 'The Division Bell', nor the Pink Floyd tours of 1987 and 1994, and I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip."

Nick Mason, today: "I think you certainly begin to feel that if there's something you've missed doing now's a good time to get on and do it now."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0288yhn

Of course he's talking about writing a song about the band member's relationships with each other. He couldn't possibly think the same about Glastonbury. Could he?? It's a straw to be clutched...

Waterless era Pink Floyd shouldn't be called Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd-lite maybe. Or "forgery" as Roger said.

Barrettless era shouldn't be called Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd 3.0 maybe. After 2.0 (Waterless era)

Really love The Division Bell, but then also On An Island, Gilmour's 2006 solo album, and much of Roger's solo stuff.

Lots of Syd fans don't recognise the Roger era.

The Final Cut didn't feature Rick.

Live and let live.

Would love to see a Gilmour / Pink Floyd v3 show next year. Why not?