Pink Floyd?

Woffy

Yes of course it's a downer. They were supposed to be pink Floyd, one of the greatest bands of all time, and they had to get some tit to write the (shitty) lyrics for them? It was depressing to see what they'd become without the genius of waters.

Aw. Yes, I didn't like their decline either, but look on the bright side, Dave Gilmour could have done what Paul McCartney did and made his wife a fully fledged band member! :D

We can debate forever whether they should have gone on calling themselves Pink Floyd after RW's departure, but as they won the right to do so, they could co-opt whoever they wanted into the band. DG seems to have struggled with the lyrics on his own, Polly Samson is a journalist, so you'd expect her to be able to string a few words together. If he'd thought his own were better he wouldn't have used someone else's. I hazard a guess that this sort of thing happens all the time. And we have no idea how atrociously bad the lyrics might have turned out without her.

One of my favourite Waterboys' songs is The Stolen Child. Lyrics definitely not written by Mike Scott, or any other band member.

Hasn't been publicly announced yet but David Gilmour is doing four dates at the Royal Albert Hall in September. Which I imagine is going to leave Glastonbury much too early but you never know. And a real possible in 2016...

its three dates
Wednesday 23rd, Thursday 24th and Friday 25th September 2015: Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore, London SW7 2AP
Ticket prices: £110.00 / £100.00 / £85.00 / £75.00 / £65.00
as always even although its only a pre sale all the good seats at the Albert Hall have gone .

Aw. Yes, I didn't like their decline either, but look on the bright side, Dave Gilmour could have done what Paul McCartney did and made his wife a fully fledged band member! :D

We can debate forever whether they should have gone on calling themselves Pink Floyd after RW's departure, but as they won the right to do so, they could co-opt whoever they wanted into the band. DG seems to have struggled with the lyrics on his own, Polly Samson is a journalist, so you'd expect her to be able to string a few words together. If he'd thought his own were better he wouldn't have used someone else's. I hazard a guess that this sort of thing happens all the time. And we have no idea how atrociously bad the lyrics might have turned out without her.

One of my favourite Waterboys' songs is The Stolen Child. Lyrics definitely not written by Mike Scott, or any other band member.

At least Paul McCartney changed the name of the band though!

I've always had a thing for people writing their own lyrics though, and it's been argued to death on here. A lot of people couldn't care less who writes the words, but it really gets to me...

Starting at 40 euro in Italy! :lol:

Top price is 75 euro in Croatia, and have you seen some of those venues? Pula amphitheatre and the Arena di Verona are absolutely astounding buildings. Weather will be pretty nice that time of year too.

Top price is 75 euro in Croatia, and have you seen some of those venues? Pula amphitheatre and the Arena di Verona are absolutely astounding buildings. Weather will be pretty nice that time of year too.

We really get bumfucked on the west side. Bags down, no foreplay, no lube and straight up the swiss.

We really get bumfucked on the west side. Bags down, no foreplay, no lube and straight up the swiss.

Totally!

Just look at these places, the Royal Albert Hall is nice but it ain't a patch on anything like this.

Pula Amphitheatre

2009eu-0728-076.jpg

Arena Di Verona

aida2009debosio2.jpeg

Totally!

Just look at these places, the Royal Albert Hall is nice but it ain't a patch on anything like this.

Pula Amphitheatre

2009eu-0728-076.jpg

Arena Di Verona

aida2009debosio2.jpeg

one of my biggest regrets is not going to see leonard cohen in that verona arena when I had the chance. Would have cost a bomb though.

one of my biggest regrets is not going to see leonard cohen in that verona arena when I had the chance. Would have cost a bomb though.

I had tickets for that. Had to sell them as I couldn't get leave. I should've just phoned sick and gone anyway.

Do you have a link GW?

Edit: Never mind, found it. You were right. Only right at the back tickets left for the only day I can go. Think I will be giving it a miss. If RW was still around on keyboards I may have considered it.

Edited by MrZigster

Do you have a link GW?

Edit: Never mind, found it. You were right. Only right at the back tickets left for the only day I can go. Think I will be giving it a miss. If RW was still around on keyboards I may have considered it.

I was in two minds - I looked yesterday and they were crap seats { on all three days } unless you really paid a high price - lucky I got into Floyd early so I have seen them loads of times { before the split up } and Roger Waters each time he has been over in England { including The Wall – Live in Berlin 21 July 1990 } and Gilmour on his own tours but I don't want to be stuck up near the gods with a tiny postage stamp of the stage - must be old age but I can live with my memories so I decided in the end not to bother. Far better just to wait for the DVD to come out.With my luck there would be a bloody tube strike that day - which reminds I went to see Floyd many years ago and it was near London Docklands and by sods law that was the bloody day DLR was on strike - just could not believe it { this is long before the 02 } - we did make it - the hall was 1/2 empty so everyone moved to better seats but what a pain in the arse getting there and trying to get back home afterwards.

I was in two minds - I looked yesterday and they were crap seats { on all three days } unless you really paid a high price - lucky I got into Floyd early so I have seen them loads of times { before the split up } and Roger Waters each time he has been over in England { includi

ng The Wall Live in Berlin 21 July 1990 } and Gilmour on his own tours but I don't want to be stuck up near the gods with a tiny postage stamp of the stage - must be old age but I can live with my memories so I decided in the end not to bother. Far better just to wait for the DVD to come out.With my luck there would be a bloody tube strike that day - which reminds I went to see Floyd many years ago and it was near London Docklands and by sods law that was the bloody day DLR was on strike - just could not believe it { this is long before the 02 } - we did make it - the hall was 1/2 empty so everyone moved to better seats but what a pain in the arse getting there and trying to get back home afterwards.

With you all the way on this...I'm not bothering either. I might have considered it if he was doing a date somewhere in the West Country, Bristol, Cardiff, Eden even...but a trip up to London plus an overnight at those prices is over the top. To be honest I do also find 3 dates at Albert Hall and nowhere else a little self indulgent. I'm sure it will be great...just not for me this time round.

Now if it was Roger.....