Pink Floyd?

Woffy

Gilmour joined him at The Wall gig to return a favour for when Waters played his charity gig.

Quite. The debts been repaid in full.

That said if Gilmour did play there's a very real chance that Nick would join him at least as a guest. His last touring band included David Crosby, Graham Nash, Ray Manzarek plus Guy Pratt on bass, and of course Rick on keys. Even sadly without Rick that's a line up to grace any stage.

Oddly though there's something in me that doesn't see a Glastonbury performance as likely....I just don't think it fits with Gilmour's style these days.....I could be wrong though....

Oh, and if it's going to be hinted at anywhere it's likely to be on his wife's Twitter feed....Polly has form for letting stuff out...she basically confirmed him as appearing at the O2 with Roger earlier the same day, and posted news of the new Floyd album before any tabloid or music press got even a sniff.

Gilmour on tour from May. Although can't make sense of these dates. Think they haven't been finalised yet?

Total speculation based on nothing but what he did last time out....check out the disclaimer here which basically says we made it all up so don't blame us if it's all shit...

Www.davidgilmourtour.com/disclaimer.html

The Endless River - to me - just sounds like they're reached the singularity that their music has been heading to for a long long time.

It's like the steady state of Pink Floyd.

And yes, i know those two physics / cosmological theories contradict one another...but the words themselves seemed right.

The final cut is the worst pink floyd album or the best roger waters solo album. Whichever way you wanna look at it.

If you count that one you have to count momentary lapse and division bell in my opinion.

Having said that, the fletcher memorial home is an absolute peach of a tune.

Final cut is much better than lapse and division though right??

Both have highlights....On the Turning Away and High Hopes are stand-outs for me....but on balance, and accepting that The Final Cut is mainly a Waters album, I'd agree it's the best of the three.

Yeah there are definitely individual songs on both that are really good, but as albums neither is particularly special as a whole

Quite. The debts been repaid in full.

That said if Gilmour did play there's a very real chance that Nick would join him at least as a guest. His last touring band included David Crosby, Graham Nash, Ray Manzarek plus Guy Pratt on bass, and of course Rick on keys. Even sadly without Rick that's a line up to grace any stage.

Oddly though there's something in me that doesn't see a Glastonbury performance as likely....I just don't think it fits with Gilmour's style these days.....I could be wrong though....

Oh, and if it's going to be hinted at anywhere it's likely to be on his wife's Twitter feed....Polly has form for letting stuff out...she basically confirmed him as appearing at the O2 with Roger earlier the same day, and posted news of the new Floyd album before any tabloid or music press got even a sniff.

I'm afraid you'll have to take Ray Manzarek off that line-up list too.

No. Division bell's much better than lapse.

Lapse only really has sorrow and dogs of war that are worth anything.

I will listen to them both this week, I've not played them in ages. Only hear the songs that are on pulse regularly.

I'm just down on division bell cos he had to get his girlfriend to write the lyrics for him...

Of course we all have our own opinions but for at least, The Endless River is a brilliant album. I don't know if it's because I was delighted I finally had the chance to experience he release of a new Floyd album or because I am just a fanboy that loves anything they have ever done, but I think it gets a bad wrap tbh.

Pros & Cons Of Hitch-hiking > Radio K.A.O.S > The Final Cut.

Not sure where Amused To Death should go.

For me it's The Final Cut, Amused To Death, Pros & Cons, Radio KAOS.

In that order. I seriously have to be in the mood to listen to Radio KAOS.

Apologies....of course I mean Phil Manzanera....a Momentary Lapse on my part.

:)

I will listen to them both this week, I've not played them in ages. Only hear the songs that are on pulse regularly.

I'm just down on division bell cos he had to get his girlfriend to write the lyrics for him...

And should that be such a downer? :huh:

Not that I care much for Pink Floyd after RW's departure, to me they just lacked bite after he was gone.

:)

And should that be such a downer? :huh:

Not that I care much for Pink Floyd after RW's departure, to me they just lacked bite after he was gone.

Yes of course it's a downer. They were supposed to be pink Floyd, one of the greatest bands of all time, and they had to get some tit to write the (shitty) lyrics for them? It was depressing to see what they'd become without the genius of waters.

Edited by russycarps

Pros & Cons Of Hitch-hiking > Radio K.A.O.S > The Final Cut.

Not sure where Amused To Death should go.

Sir I do not concur, funny how wildly we've all disagreed.

Radio K.A.O.S. >= Amused to Death > The Final Cut > Pros and Cons

That's forgiving TFC's obsessiveness, but it's still more together than Pros & Cons, that's the only one I don't bother with. Bits of K.A.O.S. can still make me sob even if it is rather disjointed

Edited by frostypaw

I think maybe P&Cs gatefold sleeve with the lyrics (story) and sound effect explanations "(man lights joint)" etc, made it feel quite together to me. Like the old "Tinkerbell says turn the page", Disney book/record things I had as a kid. Saying that KAOS was similar.

I also think P&Cs is possibly one of Eric Clapton's best albums. I really really dig some of those riffs.

That's not dissing Jeff Beck's sterling stuff on Amused though. Much prefer him to Enoch Clapton. Just when will Jeff Beck play Glastonbury?

That's not dissing Jeff Beck's sterling stuff on Amused though. Much prefer him to Enoch Clapton. Just when will Jeff Beck play Glastonbury?

Hes touring in the US, finishing in May. Not sure if as Glasto crowd would go for an hour or so of guitar playing though?

Whens Clapton going to play?!

Also I really like Pros and Cons. More than The Final Cut.

Edited by The Nal