Pink Floyd?

Woffy

If Gilmour had had his way, Dogs (You gotta be crazy) and Sheep (Raving and Drooling) would have appeared on the follow up to Dark Side, so even though I'm more of a Gilmour fan he definitely needed Roger for the ideas and to dictate the bands direction. As a result we got both Wish You Were Here and Animals.

I cant imagine not liking the wall. Thank the lord my ears work.

It's roger waters masterpiece. It's no wonder the others were so incredibly envious of him. I'm pretty sure he didnt need his wife to write the lyrics for him.

He writes some good poems, the problem is his woeful attempts at singing them. Unfortunately that's why I can't get into his solo stuff at all.

That was sort of my point. He co wrote dogs. Which I suppose is pretty much all of side one. That's when waters started to turn a bit nobby. He split pigs on the wing into two songs solely cos publishing royalties are paid on number of songs not length. So he basically got 4.5 fifths instead of 3.5 quarters of the publishing. If you believe what you read, that is.

I can well believe it. I suspect every member of that band were pompous knobheads though. Out of all the bands from that era pink floyd are probably the last one I'd pick to go for a night out with

I can well believe it. I suspect every member of that band were pompous knobheads though. Out of all the bands from that era pink floyd are probably the last one I'd pick to go for a night out with

I would agree, but Id least like to have gone on a night out with Genesis. It would mean being on a night out with Phil Collins. Sod that.

I was there... Atom Heart Mother

sounds surprisingly good (not the quality). It was an odd performance to throw at a crowd at about 2 in the morning, or whenever it was.

I was there too. Just about my second festival and what a line up. I'd be happy to see most of them again.

2ibk9hh.jpg

Edited by grumpyhack

i've got an image of the 1969 poster. how can i upload it. or forget that, see it here, on the right. i was old enough to go but didn't know about it. did the reading fest, 1971, then the windsor great park illegal fests in the 70s. what fun they were. anyway...http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/the-69-bath-festival.html

also, scroll down at that link for some pics etc.

Edited by scorp

For those who get all nostalgic for rare stuff... an audio of a number from the 1974 windsor park free fest, which was NOT a pop festival as described; it was a rebellious, "alternative" fest on the Queen's own land. love that guitar work.

Jeremy Spencer Ex Fleetwood Mac "Sometimes Lord"

i've got an image of the 1969 poster. how can i upload it. or forget that, see it here, on the right. i was old enough to go but didn't know about it. did the reading fest, 1971, then the windsor great park illegal fests in the 70s. what fun they were. anyway...http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/the-69-bath-festival.html

thanks for that link - I did not know it was covered on that site.
22/6 for the day - to give some comparison - the first time I saw the Stones it was 7/6 in the late 60's { I still have the ticket hence how I know what it costs - my memory is not that good }
I never spotted the festival was on although I did live in Scotland at that time so unlikely I would have traveled that far just for a day event even if I knew it was on .
still some cracking shots.

I wonder who I'll get to say 'I was there' about in 44 years time. Probably have to lie and say Mumford and Sons.

Or "Remember that unforgetable performence Kasabian gave, wish Serge and Tom would just make up and do one last performence. Its a shame *Emily's Child's name* Eavis kept NewBand as headliners when they wanted to reform and play for Ian's dying wish." :P

Or "Remember that unforgetable performence Kasabian gave, wish Serge and Tom would just make up and do one last performence. Its a shame *Emily's Child's name* Eavis kept NewBand as headliners when they wanted to reform and play for Ian's dying wish." :P

"For me Tom was Kasabian. That run from 48:13 to Lazerbeamzz was flawless and Tom's rock opera was incredible. When he left Kasabian went down the pan. I'd rather he headlined on his own."

The original Bath Fest in 69 was my first fest.

2ikryq9.jpg

Promoted by Freddy Bannister who also used to put on great bands at Bath Pavillion.

thanks for that link - I did not know it was covered on that site.

I'm pleased to say that I provide hosting for free for ukrockfestivals, so that it has somewhere to live. :)