Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I reckon there'll be another leg or two of the current tour, probably coming through Europe again next summer and hitting the markets they've missed out this time around.

I dont see Glastonbury factoring into that.

Fair play. I hope so. Saw em at Hyde Park, but the crowd were pretty guff and I want another go. Would love one last pop at the farm, but I share your doubts.

Reckon there's another few jaunts in it for the Stones. Their tours tend to be continent-wide, but you seldom get them racking up big numbers of gigs.

Would be shock if they didn't do a Scottish date on their next jaunt, but there's probably not many shows left in them now. Heaven knows Richards has been on borrowed time as it is.

I only know of three people, myself included, who had the balls to say it "the Stones were dreadful at Glastonbury". I guess because it's The Rolling Stones people feel obliged to say they were brilliant, but Lemmy was right when he said The Stones are a great studio band but a poor live band.

I'm actually glad they were bad in 2013, forced me to run over to West Holts and see a brilliant performance by Public Enemy.

Only seen them once... I was unlucky on T Day for 2013 & didnt go to Glastonbury. Saw them in 2018 at Old Trafford... I thought they were mint live.

My Parents saw them as a wedding present in 1982 in Leeds.. 40 years this month. My dad said he thought it was the last chance to see them then!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

f**king Mick, man. 

The guy is a real one and he's sorely undervalued as a songwriter and a singer.  Cos he's a shagger he's underrated as a guy with a hand in a lot of the greatest f**king tunes ever minted and a man who delivered on all cylinders the night he headlined El Pointo.

A f**king king.

A short, skinny king, but a king nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...