Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

27 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

The Stones should play Glastonbury 2024. One last UK date. Like Elton.

the who were reported to be watching with interest for maybe doing similar. wouldn't be surprised if the stones have thought of it.

• Upvote 1

Not that I’m particularly expecting the album to be great or anything, but damn am I stoked to hear it regardless. Those few singles they’ve released over the last decade have all been better than they had any right to be, and I can’t believe it’s been so long since they released an album of original material (which I think/hope is what this is - my excitement plummets if it’s just another covers album). 

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The Stones played in 2013 or 2014. I think it's 2013 though. Can't be arsed looking it up. Anyway, I previously had not exactly really tuned into them. When they played that set at the Pyramid stage, they blew my little cotton socks off. 

was 2013. And I agree, I wasn't expecting much and thought they were excellent.

6 hours ago, mungo57 said:

was 2013. And I agree, I wasn't expecting much and thought they were excellent.

Was a lot of talk going into it that they would be rubbish. And in my opinion, it might be the best ever. The place erupted on those opening chords.

Edited by strummer77
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/23/2023 at 4:40 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The Stones played in 2013 or 2014. I think it's 2013 though. Can't be arsed looking it up. Anyway, I previously had not exactly really tuned into them. When they played that set at the Pyramid stage, they blew my little cotton socks off. 

My favourite headliner out of all the years I have been.

I bought a couple of Stones albums from a record fair the other week that have long been absent from my collection. £5 and £6 each so not bad to close the gaps. 

I remembered both having great title tracks and one other decent song. Undercover is definitely better than that. Emotional Rescue, I'm not so sure.

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I bought a couple of Stones albums from a record fair the other week that have long been absent from my collection. £5 and £6 each so not bad to close the gaps. 

I remembered both having great title tracks and one other decent song. Undercover is definitely better than that. Emotional Rescue, I'm not so sure.

Their 2 weakest albums imo. I like Dirty Work.

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Their 2 weakest albums imo. I like Dirty Work.

They only made two great albums IMO:

Beggars Banquet (1968) and Let It Bleed (1969)

No coincidence that Brian Jones was still in the band at the time.

Edited by Skip997

Exile on main street and sticky fingers would pretty much be the only ones i'd be returning to regularly. I dont think they're an albums band. 

But i do unashamedly love Get yer ya-ya's out, for the title and the front cover 👍 

17 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I really like Dance Pt 1 and All About You is a great Drunken Keef Caterwaul closer.  Let Me Go, She's So Cold and  Lwt Me Go are also alright.  Not so keen on it, but a lot of people seem to rate Down In The Hole.