Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I actually revisited A Bigger Bang this afternoon for the first time in at least 10 years. It's overlong and has a few clunkers, but I was surprised by how well a lot of it holds up.

Worth it for Rain Fall Down alone. It's a great album. I'd say about 4 tracks could be trimmed as you say.

Just now, OllieMadd said:

Worth it for Rain Fall Down alone. It's a great album. I'd say about 4 tracks could be trimmed as you say.

It does also include the man who wrote Wild Horses imparting the line "The moon is yellow, I'm like Jello - staring down your tits"

But things like Laugh I Nearly Died and Rough Justice are great. And This Place Is Empty is a Keith belter.

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Never knew that...

It's actually PVC sleeves that are the problem, even records housed in a "protective" pvc outer sleeve can be affected, the problem arises because PVC releases gases over time and this attacks the vinyl, other plastic sleeves such as polythene are fine.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, maelzoid said:

image.thumb.png.dad45685ba965c4a2176ef1251e1bded.png

100x better than the bog standard artwork which is another truly horrid sleeve from the Stones.

Definitely. The Paul Smith one is way better but pleased I got the Blood Recs release even though I'm now fretting about it being ruined by the damned sleeve!

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

I like songs themselves. I don't like the production at all, it has the same production problems and exactly the same sound as the new Ozzy and Iggy Pop. 

I would like if Andrew Watt gave someone else the mixing part of the production 

Can't comment on the Iggy or Ozzy albums, but I like how this sounds. 

Bye Don Was, don't let the door smack your arse on the way out .

17 hours ago, maelzoid said:

image.thumb.png.dad45685ba965c4a2176ef1251e1bded.png

100x better than the bog standard artwork which is another truly horrid sleeve from the Stones.

Really enjoying the album, but have to say the art work is truly abysmal, and how come only Lady Gaga gets a 'featuring...' on the reverse, not McCartney or Stevie W (Or even Bill Wyman)?

• Upvote 1