Jump to content
HalfAnIdiot

Foo Fighters

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fucking hell thats massive for them. Great on em.

But my dude, you know Idles have just announced their own London show that's won't be £80. :P

I was very tempted by that, but I just went to the O2 site and there were standing tickets available for Foos. They sold out instantly on ticket date so maybe a late release? Either way, bagged two standing tickets. This is going to be an incredible gig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If be tempted to go to see some of the reactions of foo fighters fans. It's a good fit though, they all run round the stage quite a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New albums better than Sonic Highways, but that's not really saying much. Pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a latter day Foos album really. Run definitely the best thing on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Completely meh.... I prefered Rick Astley doing Everlong on Saturday to Dave Grohl too.

My only issue with Everlong is whenever it's mentioned I get The Pixies song Winterlong stuck in my head and am disappointed it's not that.

I waited for you Everlong...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

My only issue with Everlong is whenever it's mentioned I get The Neil Young song Winterlong stuck in my head and am disappointed it's not that.

I waited for you Everlong...

ftfy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a waste of time that was even bothering to listen to that. Just nothing there at all  

Hope this is their last album - they're done ... And I am a big fan of theirs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw in an interview with Josh Homme that when he was working on and getting frustrated with recording Fortress from the new album, Dave Grohl said something like 'every song doesnt need to be your best song', and right then Foo Fighters total mediocrity on record as of late made total sense to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took ridiculously long to get into standing at O2 tonight. IDLES were fucking great. They didn't deserve such a lifeless crowd. Fucking gutted there were no pits. 

Foos scheduled to start in 20 minutes and the arena is half full. Like I say, serious problems getting in tonight.

Edited by JSmurphy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/09/2017 at 10:09 AM, st dan said:

What a waste of time that was even bothering to listen to that. Just nothing there at all  

Hope this is their last album - they're done ... And I am a big fan of theirs. 

I actually liked The Line, although it sounds more like a cross between something kings of Leon or the killers would do rather than typical Foos. The Sky is a neighborhood is pretty good and Dirty Water i felt was a decent song too, but nothing else did it for me at all really. Still better than Sonic Highways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend bought tickets off someone, seetickets changed the name to hers and she still wasn't let in because she wasn't the lead booker. Apparently it happened to tons of people, not sure how strictly advertised this was previously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not admitting this lightly but I really enjoyed the new album. Seems immediately like it may be their best for a long time and I might even listen to it again at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, evilduck said:

My friend bought tickets off someone, seetickets changed the name to hers and she still wasn't let in because she wasn't the lead booker. Apparently it happened to tons of people, not sure how strictly advertised this was previously?

I saw a bunch of distressed people being turned away tonight. It was probably buried within an email somewhere but I remember little said about ID checks on the door. 

A good gig anyway. Had to be a close to a 3hr set? Good stuff. Still smiling at the Rick Astley appearance :D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened to the new album on my way into work this morning, apart from the one that sounded a lot like the Beatles I cannot remember a single song off it. A complete non-entity of an album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I saw a bunch of distressed people being turned away tonight. It was probably buried within an email somewhere but I remember little said about ID checks on the door. 

A good gig anyway. Had to be a close to a 3hr set? Good stuff. Still smiling at the Rick Astley appearance :D.

It wasn't buried within an email, I tried to buy tickets (and failed) and it very clearly said that the lead booker would need to be present and that ID would be required before you even entered the "waiting room" to try and buy tickets. 

Gutted I didn't get tickets as it sounds like it was an awesome gig but I am pleased to hear they have actually enforced this policy... while it must have been horrible for those who were turned away at the door, I think sadly there are going to NEED to be a few well publicised instances of people who have bought on viagogo etc being turned away from gigs (and sellers subsequently losing out on payment) before people start to learn that they can't get away with buying tickets just to sell them on at an inflated price anymore.

They do need to address the issues faced by those who had the tickets in someone else's name for genuine reasons though... my suggestions would be that they need to offer a refund deadline (like Glasto does) for those who genuinely can no longer make it, and they need to add an option when booking to change the names on the tickets if they are being purchased as a gift. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I've given the album my best shot, but no, it's unbearable. I'm a bit upset that my favourite live band have dived so badly over the last decade, but time to cut loose and move on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fowls said:

Well, I've given the album my best shot, but no, it's unbearable. I'm a bit upset that my favourite live band have dived so badly over the last decade, but time to cut loose and move on!

I put Prophets of Rage on straight after....it aided recovery massively

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, not worthy said:

I put Prophets of Rage on straight after....it aided recovery massively

I'm quite enjoying Brand New's new album.  451 really shows how to incorporate a blues riff into a modern rock song... like The Sky is a Neighbourhood failed to do.

Edited by fowls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoBalls said:

It wasn't buried within an email, I tried to buy tickets (and failed) and it very clearly said that the lead booker would need to be present and that ID would be required before you even entered the "waiting room" to try and buy tickets. 

Gutted I didn't get tickets as it sounds like it was an awesome gig but I am pleased to hear they have actually enforced this policy... while it must have been horrible for those who were turned away at the door, I think sadly there are going to NEED to be a few well publicised instances of people who have bought on viagogo etc being turned away from gigs (and sellers subsequently losing out on payment) before people start to learn that they can't get away with buying tickets just to sell them on at an inflated price anymore.

They do need to address the issues faced by those who had the tickets in someone else's name for genuine reasons though... my suggestions would be that they need to offer a refund deadline (like Glasto does) for those who genuinely can no longer make it, and they need to add an option when booking to change the names on the tickets if they are being purchased as a gift. 

I agree with all of this post, but the ID checks definitely weren't made crystal clear to me when I bought the ticket. Nowhere is it mentioned in the confirmation email from seetickets, and having bought mine ~2 weeks ago there wasn't a waiting room - tickets bought instantly.

The process could have been managed much better I think. I've been to gigs, Radiohead @ Roundhouse / Muse @ Shepherds Bush, which have required ID checks and the process has always been smooth. Usually there's a clearly defined que w/ ID's being checked during the wait to get in. Yet at The O2, a much larger venue than the two mentioned, no-one managed the lengthy que (plenty of cutters, causing more issues) and ID's were being checked by just a few staff at the front of the que. It was clear that they were overwhelmed with the amount of people as we made into the venue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I finally managed to find the time to listen in full to the album... undoubtedly it's an improvement on 'Sonic Highways' and it does have some highlights. I kept waiting for the 'Motorhead meets the Beatles' claims to kick in but they never did. Some songs definitely had a different vibe to them, and 'Run' is a traditional Foo's track but there are tracks I'll skip through on the next listen. I don't think it's as negative as it's being painted - solid but not spectacular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×