Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

Oh yes, it's going to be a busy Summer. Bearded Theory's Spring Gathering, our first ever Glastonbury Festival, Europe tour, album launch, destruction of civilization! First things first though...

NEW CROSS WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

No idea who this is or where the saxon market stage is but...

Interesting as Saxon covers Silver Hayes and the Beat Hotel. More likely one of the bars in the market though.Screenshot_20170501-195114.thumb.png.fa8fd287dadcd0fbafe6e25cee8f126b.png

Screenshot_20170501-194839.png

9 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Oh yes, it's going to be a busy Summer. Bearded Theory's Spring Gathering, our first ever Glastonbury Festival, Europe tour, album launch, destruction of civilization! First things first though...

NEW CROSS WE'RE COMING FOR YOU!

I like them. Possibility of Avalon Cafe, Bandstand or Croissant Neuf.

53 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Interesting as Saxon covers Silver Hayes and the Beat Hotel. More likely one of the bars in the market though.Screenshot_20170501-195114.thumb.png.fa8fd287dadcd0fbafe6e25cee8f126b.png

Screenshot_20170501-194839.png

The Saxon market is where a soundsystem/crew/collective (can't remember who) announced they were running a new area last year but the Facebook post was pulled after a couple of days when people got wind of it. There will be something different there this year, I'm sure we'll find out soon judging by the rate of announcements.

21 minutes ago, mynameismatt said:

Amber Arcades doesn't quite self-confirm but leaves a pretty big hint (then likes a comment about Glastonbury). She's great, I imagine early on the Park https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1383329881730609&substory_index=0&id=431174950279445

Great news!  I was hoping she'd make an appearance.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Three Daft Monkeys confirmed Glastonbury Festival 21st - 25th June on their email newsletter (yes I subscribe! :lol:)

Told you @Pinhead;)

Ha ha. As much as I knew they'd be there, always nice to get it formally confirmed. It's not Glastonbury for me if 3DM aren't there.

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Three Daft Monkeys confirmed Glastonbury Festival 21st - 25th June on their email newsletter (yes I subscribe! :lol:)

Told you @Pinhead;)

Excellent news! Well, the'd be very daft indeed not to what with a new album to promote. Any one heard if Tankus the Henge are to make their usual appearance as well?

1 hour ago, mynameismatt said:

Amber Arcades doesn't quite self-confirm but leaves a pretty big hint (then likes a comment about Glastonbury). She's great, I imagine early on the Park https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1383329881730609&substory_index=0&id=431174950279445

Just came in to post this. Happy Monday! 

IMG_5590.PNG

No idea if this is a new self confirmation or not. The guy plays drums for wormrot and I couldn't find them on the line up released today. Also interesting because it seems to suggest that napalm death will be playing on Thursday 

apologies if this was common knowledge; I did try to search to check 

15 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

Said something similar on her Radio 6 session too, getting a lot of radio play recently so perhaps a bigger stage..?

Skream has self confirmed for the Thursday and Friday, I would guess he'll turn up in The Beat Hotel and Arcadia

Edit: Not too sure how to embed Instagram, but he shared it on there anyway...

Edited by jackarmy

16 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Skream has self confirmed for the Thursday and Friday, I would guess he'll turn up in The Beat Hotel and Arcadia

Edit: Not too sure how to embed Instagram, but he shared it on there anyway...

Friday is b2b with Solardo on Arcadia 

9 hours ago, Mexico54 said:

No idea if this is a new self confirmation or not. The guy plays drums for wormrot and I couldn't find them on the line up released today. Also interesting because it seems to suggest that napalm death will be playing on Thursday 

Steve Ignorant's Slice of Life happy with this

20 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The Saxon market is where a soundsystem/crew/collective (can't remember who) announced they were running a new area last year but the Facebook post was pulled after a couple of days when people got wind of it. There will be something different there this year, I'm sure we'll find out soon judging by the rate of announcements.

Cloud9 Productions, "bringing back the true rave, to the true ravers", according to this quote:

"We are over the moon to announce that we will be working with Glastonbury Festival this year, turning what was previously the Saxon market, into an entirely new area with fully interactive and immersive decor, two new venues will become the central point of the area hosting bands and DJ's.The new concept is all under wraps at the moment whilst we finalise the details, but expect lots of updates over the next few months as we start our journey with one of the most prolific festivals in the world."

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/glastonbury-2017-new-area-by-bristol-soundsystem-cloud9-announced-promising-immersive-decor/story-30069354-detail/story.html

I assume Jasper Storey, as a self-described Folk-Funk Singer/Songwriter, will be at the "hosting bands" venue rather than the "true ravers" venue.

10 hours ago, Mexico54 said:

I came across an article earlier today about wormrot - the first band from Singapore to play the fest, apparently. It mentions the other bands listed there too.

https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/wormrot-glastonbury-singapore-grindcore

Spoke to Jono Ma (he of Jagwar Ma fame) at Live at Leeds over the weekend. 

He said he'll be DJing and didn't rule out nor fully confirm a full live band show

Adrian of Moonlandingz also confirmed they'll be doing Park Stage around 2/3 on Saturday in case that needed any further confirmation

Edited by rattlerattlerattle

30 minutes ago, rattlerattlerattle said:

Spoke to Jono Ma (he of Jagwar Ma fame) at Live at Leeds over the weekend. 

He said he'll be DJing and didn't rule out nor fully confirm a full live band show

Adrian of Moonlandingz also confirmed they'll be doing Park Stage around 2/3 on Saturday in case that needed any further confirmation

always missed Jagwar Ma for some reason or another, would be good to see them

Big fan, giving them a little push here. Full band were there last year, good stuff, catch her if you can. 

Z-Star Delta self confirmed

Z-STAR DELTA | The Single Launch + Glasto Warm-Up

Public
 · Hosted by Z-STAR DELTA

The explosive duo, Z-STAR DELTA, features international artist/producer Zee Gachette on vocals, acoustic guitar and drums, and guitar prodigy Sebastien Heintz on Electric, Slide, Bass, Loops and Synth.
www.facebook.com/zstardelta

25 minutes ago, rawaudioinput said:

ho99o9 are playing the Truth stage at Shangri-La, one of the members just self confirmed on Facebook to a friend of mine

Fantastic news, I was hoping they'd play when they announced their London gig. The new record is sounding great

9 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Fantastic news, I was hoping they'd play when they announced their London gig. The new record is sounding great

I thought they were ruled out 'cos of European gigs Friday to Sunday, but yeah I wasn't thinking about Thursday night. Brilliant!