Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

3 hours ago, Nimrod said:

Fleet Foxes, Typhoon, Soulwax, De La Soul, Babylon Circus, 2manydjs (DJ-set), Nick Mulvey, The Avalanches, POND, Orchestra Baobab, NAVARONE, Sinkane, Hamilton Leithauser, All We Are

at Down the rabbit hole, same weekend as glasto

Orchestra Baobab would be a dream for me, saw them at Celtic Connections some time ago, one of the very best African bands, and still going strong despite the passing away of a few of the band over the years

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

I'm surprised by the response to Electric Picnic. Looks very similar to Bestival but a bit better; a few bigger people like Interpol and RTJ. I do like Bestival's lineup, particularly the headliners, as well to be fair.

With Oxegen dead a lot of them are heading their now so unless its Kings of Leon or The Chili Peppers they're not happy. 

4 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Orchestra Baobab would be a dream for me, saw them at Celtic Connections some time ago, one of the very best African bands, and still going strong despite the passing away of a few of the band over the years

Yeah that's the one that's really caught my eye. 'Made in Dakar' came on shuffle on of the sunny days we had recently, would be absolutely magic on WH in the sunshine that we will most definitely be having.

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

With Oxegen dead a lot of them are heading their now so unless its Kings of Leon or The Chili Peppers they're not happy. 

I can sympathise a little with them, I'm happy enough with the lineup but how many 18 - 30 year olds (which made up a far percentage of the crowd last year at least for the headliners) are big fans of A Tribe Called Quest and Duran Duran?   

53 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Allison Moyet has a new album out on June 16th and announced a tour for later on in year. 

She would be more that welcome to rock up with Erasure.

She played in 2014. Saw some of it. She was good. Playing IOW though so maybe not this year for Glasto. 

I like the newie.

28 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I can sympathise a little with them, I'm happy enough with the lineup but how many 18 - 30 year olds (which made up a far percentage of the crowd last year at least for the headliners) are big fans of A Tribe Called Quest and Duran Duran?   

Yeah they're sort of at an odd crossroads I suppose. Identity crisis!

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

Aye. Wasn't around for oxegen but isnt longy and that scobey yoke down west meath sucking up a good majority of that crowd? One thing 'bout leccie pic was the crowd was cracking if you avoided the fair ground and Hendrix. 

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Do we think Thurston Moore Group could show up? Random UK date in Hove on the Friday and then France on the Monday. Think it's been mentioned but I can't remember whether it was considered likely or not.

Why not? Certainly looks like the kind of dates you would book if you're coming over for Glastonbury.

Hope so. I'd be all over that.

5 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

I said this after last year's tour too, but Warpaint were so good tonight. They get better every time I see them. Straight to second in the wishlist (after Slowdive, obviously).

Not sure if you've seen it but they self confirmed themselves to be headlining the Park on the Saturday night at one of their shows.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure if you've seen it but they self confirmed themselves to be headlining the Park on the Saturday night at one of their shows.

Dammit - was happy watching Alt-J (assuming that's where they are playing) or Foos... didn't need another one in the mix!

Park Saturday night it is

25 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

Mogwai tickets for Brixton are on sale today - hoping with the new album coming they'll be there

I'm sure a mate of mine asked them on Twitter a couple of months back and they said they wouldn't be there this year :( 

I'll see if I can dig up that tweet

Just tried and unsurprisingly failed to get London Grammar tickets for their small London church gig. 

Oh well they appear to be everywhere this summer so hopefully will catch them at some point - just thought a church could have been a great setting for them. Anyone get one?

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

Just tried and unsurprisingly failed to get London Grammar tickets for their small London church gig. 

Oh well they appear to be everywhere this summer so hopefully will catch them at some point - just thought a church could have been a great setting for them. Anyone get one?

I got some for Glasgow, luckily I got through straight away and had them in under a minute but seems like they went almost straight away after that, I imagine London was much worse though.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I got some for Glasgow, luckily I got through straight away and had them in under a minute but seems like they went almost straight away after that, I imagine London was much worse though.

Ah nice one, enjoy. I've only got myself to blame I think. I was confused by the process and refreshed a couple of times when it appears I didn't need to. I got through but then all the ticket options said they were unavailable. 

Cant win them all though