Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Fleetwood Mac playing a US festival in mid-July.

......does Ed Sheeran do much running around the stage while playing guitar? *prays*

Well, I've just had a bit of info that suggests it's not Ed.

It's much more likely that it's just someone in the know avoiding spilling the beans with a denial, but it's not impossible they're telling truth, I guess.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's much more likely that it's just someone in the know avoiding spilling the beans with a denial, but it's not impossible they're telling truth, I guess.

:lol:

It not being Ed after all of this would be the biggest Glastonbury shocker yet.

(But of course it is him).

Edited by FloorFiller

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I would be amazed if it isn't, it just seems a perfect fit for the festival to book him for the Sunday

Any chance of Ed playing but not headlining?  Once he's headlined then there's nowhere else to go at the festival, so maybe asked for a lower pyramid slot...  

Less Ed the better - let him headline and bugger off I say 

Edit: bugger off like coldplay and muse probably :s

Edited by p.pete

10 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Green Man house band, absolutely fucking wonderful. It would be weird seeing them at another festival, but yeah they've got the pedigree for all sorts of slots, could even see them as a West Holts opener.

Nobody in the history of ever have ever done a good cover of a Bjork song, it's just impossible, don't try to cover Bjork, nobody benefits. But there's one exception, this is excellent.

They're also prone to rolling out exceptional covers of Daydreaming by Darkdarkdark and Ritual Union by Little Dragon, and giving the originals a run for their money. Can't say enough good things about them.

Talking of vocal covers bands, these fellas are active in June this year:

https://www.facebook.com/flyteband/app/308540029359/

Lush stuff.

15 minutes ago, Djb.com said:

I'd be amazed if it wasn't ed, but IF it's true, who else could it be? Green Day's the only name that springs to mind

There is zero chance that Glastobury will be headlined by Radiohead, Foo Fighters and Green Day.

More chance of Gaga or what I'm guessing Neil was hinting at by commenting on a Fleetwood mac mention (although that might be me missing the point completely)

Christ the crowd is gonna be absolutely worn out between watching Ricky and Dave leg it across the Pyramid stage and screaming 'whoooooaaaaaa' within a matter of hours of each other. Hope the festival is planning on providing the Gatorade.

11 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Robyn's show supporting the xx was her playing remixes of her stuff. It was good, but she ended with a straight version of With Every Heartbeat and it just reminded me of what we were missing out on. A regular set would be much preferable.

I know she's been working on other stuff but she needs to release a proper Body Talk follow up and needs to tour/play Glastonbury again.

Edited by FloorFiller

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Christ the crowd is gonna be absolutely worn out between watching Ricky and Dave leg it across the Pyramid stage and screaming 'whoooooaaaaaa' within a matter of hours of each other. Hope the festival is planning on providing the Gatorade.

better hope Billy Joe and the Green Day lads don't play and wear them out first with their "I said a heeeeeeeyyyy-ooooooooohhh"s

Edited by ghostdancer1