Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

At leeds fest in 2011, everyone who hadn't heard them before hated it. And they were great. Definitely not a pyramid sub though. It'd be 1000 times worse for them than Beck. 

Leeds 2011 I didn't know any National songs (although I recognised Fake Empire) and I thought they were brilliant, and that gig made me a huge fan. Although half the crowd were sat down/chatting through it. Seen them once since then and they were brilliant again (this time subbing Green Day at a festival (thankfully Sigur Rós were on whilst Green Day were)). I'd love them to sub the Pyramid but I don't think they will - Other subs for me if they play.

This talk reminds me I haven't listened to The National in ages. In terms of lists I honestly can't separate Alligator/Boxer/High Violet, and Trouble Will Find Me isn't far behind those three.

In terms of their best tunes - Karen, Lit Up, Mr November, Fake Empire, Slow Show, Apartment Story, Bloodbuzz Ohio, Conversation 16, England, Pink Rabbits.

God I forgot how good they are. The other week my mate put Bloodbuzz Ohio on at a party when a few of us were sat in my room feeling a little worse for wear towards the end of the night and it's probably the first time I've heard then in like a year. I was so happy when I heard it; I'd completely forgotten about them. It was my best mate from school who I see maybe like twice a year now and The National were one of our shared loves so it was nice and cute.

1. Getting a ticket.

2. Sneaking in if I can't get a ticket.

3. Making lists.

4. Internally criticising people for their questionable lists.

5. Downvoting people for complaining about downvoting.

6. Running out of upvotes/downvotes.

7. Checking efestivals hourly for updates about something that I'm not even going to yet.

8. The Nationals music

9. Pablo Honey

The Bends is the only true proper out-and-out classic brilliant Radiohead album. Ok computer and in rainbows lodge behind it. 

I'll state that now before people come in and mock me for not liking the dull bleepy stuff cos I'm not 'clever' enough for it :lol: #standardradioheadpretentioustwats 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

The Bends is the only true proper out-and-out classic brilliant Radiohead album. Ok computer and in rainbows lodge behind it. 

I'll state that now before people come in and mock me for not liking the dull bleepy stuff cos I'm not 'clever' enough for it :lol: #standardradioheadpretentioustwats 

You're clearly not.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I'm more of a heretic than you I only like Pablo Honey

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1