Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

2 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Neil, if you see this, wasn't your info for Daft Punk specifically for the Friday?

This kinda makes your info look less likely, right? Must be Sheeran on the Saturday then :/

DP have been removed from the efestivals Glastonbury line-up rumours page already unfortunately. Previously Neil confirmed that the source was specifically for the Friday.

Edited by pjadnoo

1 minute ago, mungo57 said:

Neil, if you see this, wasn't your info for Daft Punk specifically for the Friday?

This kinda makes your info look less likely, right? Must be Sheeran on the Saturday then :/

Can't remember which thread, but someone else asked a similar question and Neil agreed with your conclusions. 

Just now, deejaybee said:

AHHH I'm pleased you're in a similar boat! How optimistic are you about getting tickets? Do you have a game plan? *hyperventilates* 

F5 like I've never F5d before!

That and there is a thread called 'the unsuccessful' where one of us lovely efesters has devised a list for those who haven't got tickets yet, and those who don't mind helping come April. You can put yourself on the list as needing a ticket and see where it takes you, thats what I've done :)

Also, think positive. The resales are hard, but not impossible. This place is rather clued up and if you miss the April sale, there's always the secret ones. We will get tickets, have faith!

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Can't remember which thread, but someone else asked a similar question and Neil agreed with your conclusions. 

Ah, thats good then. Not that Sheeran is playing, that I was thinking along the same lines as Neil :P

Just now, pjadnoo said:

DP have been removed from the efestivals Glastonbury line-up rumours page already unfortunately

Ah ok, didn't realise Neil was already onto it.

I don't see how this makes Sheeran or the Roses any more certain. They have the same chance of headlining as before (quite high). I'm not remotely interested in either but I'm thrilled I have at least one Pyramid headlined I'd love to see.  I'm hoping for Run The Jewels at WH on Saturday and Bjork on Other for Sunday. Now that really would be an incredible weekend. 

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Jeez we may get Bon Iver and Elbow too. 

2017. Year of the music for sad old bastards. 

Isn't Eaux Claires just the week before Glastonbury??

I fear it would be too close.

It would be unfortunate if Bon Iver is not there after Justin's made an appearance in each of the last two festivals.

I got tickets in the resale Rolling Stones year. A lot of people make other plans, go to other festivals. 

I think outside their fanbase it isn't a big deal. 

I am way to excited. It's not even November yet and my Glastonbury hype is all over the place! If people were not already sick of me mentioning Glastonbury and Radiohead, they will be now!

Just now, kalifire said:

I don't see how this makes Sheeran or the Roses any more certain. They have the same chance of headlining as before (quite high). I'm not remotely interested in either but I'm thrilled I have at least one Pyramid headlined I'd love to see.  I'm hoping for Run The Jewels at WH on Saturday and Bjork on Other for Sunday. Now that really would be an incredible weekend. 

Sheeran's name has been thrown around for quite a while, and Neil's info for Daft Punk specifically said Friday, Roses are more suited to Sunday and now that RH are playing Friday and confirmed as such then there needs to be a popular act on Saturday for the TV. Thats presumably why people think Sheeran must be nailed on.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Because the DP info was specifically for Friday, meaning they're out of the running, leaving a gap for Ed.  Plus, one of the Radiohead sources also gave info on the Roses, so that adds some credibility to them.

2 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Sheeran's name has been thrown around for quite a while, and Neil's info for Daft Punk specifically said Friday, Roses are more suited to Sunday and now that RH are playing Friday and confirmed as such then there needs to be a popular act on Saturday for the TV. Thats presumably why people think Sheeran must be nailed on.

Are the Roses more suitable for Sunday? I think it's a toss up - Saturday is TV audience however Sunday is the locals' tickets who would arguably be far more impressed by Ed Sheeran than the Roses. 

I don't think it will make that much of a difference for the resale. Although the reaction on twitter/facebook has been a lot bigger than I thought it would. I think @russycarps suggested people who used to go but have packed it in might end up coming back for Radiohead, and that seems to be the case based on a very unscientific flick through some facebook comments/tweets!

6 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

F5 like I've never F5d before!

That and there is a thread called 'the unsuccessful' where one of us lovely efesters has devised a list for those who haven't got tickets yet, and those who don't mind helping come April. You can put yourself on the list as needing a ticket and see where it takes you, thats what I've done :)

Also, think positive. The resales are hard, but not impossible. This place is rather clued up and if you miss the April sale, there's always the secret ones. We will get tickets, have faith!

Thanks - this gives me faith! I'm just going to try to think positive :) 

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Jeez we may get Bon Iver and Elbow too. 

2017. Year of the music for sad old bastards. 

Yep. I'm old (37 next month), quite quite sad (currently looking forward to fitting my new Triton T-80 power-shower at the weekend), and a total absolute bastard, and I quite simply, cannot wait!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

Are the Roses more suitable for Sunday? I think it's a toss up - Saturday is TV audience however Sunday is the locals' tickets who would arguably be far more impressed by Ed Sheeran than the Roses. 

It's irrelevant anyway, the Roses can't do the Saturday so its Sunday or bust

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Because the DP info was specifically for Friday, meaning they're out of the running, leaving a gap for Ed.  Plus, one of the Radiohead sources also gave info on the Roses, so that adds some credibility to them.

The Radiohead source said specifically Saturday, swapping RH and DP could have been something decided recently.

4 minutes ago, deejaybee said:

Thanks - this gives me faith! I'm just going to try to think positive :) 

Gotta keep the faith. Its the only way. Also, you could look to volunteer, thats what I will be doing come January to guarantee entry.

4 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Roses are playing Glasgow on the Saturday

I knew there was another reason why Roses were suited to the Sunday but it escaped me :P