Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Dude, it's hit and miss. Jonny is my guitar idol, but he can really fluff up that intro. And towards the end of the song they struggle to keep up with the pace of it.

Not saying this is always the case, but it was when I saw them this summer and on a fair few live videos.

Fair enough. My only gripe with it is they never play the really high guitar bit live (2:31 on the recorded version), which I know sounds really minor but does take a bit away from it. 

1 minute ago, arcade fireman said:

When they get it right, Burn the Witch is a pretty cracking opener as it is. Problem is it is very hit and miss. 

It always seems too quiet to me. Can they not just turn everything up a bit? When they blast out the chorus with those power chords it sounds ace. It's quite amazing that a band consisting of such incredible musicians can't consistently nail a fairly straightforward song (by their standards).

Been at work all day so haven't been able to comment.

I'm not one of the beard-strokers but I am genuinely excited for this from a casual fan's perspective.

With that in mind, it's perhaps unsurprising that my two must have tracks are Fake Plastic Trees and Creep. They are however closely followed by Weird Fishes and Burn the Witch.

Going by 2016's setlists, I'd be highly surprised if both Fishes and Burn do not feature. Going by 2016's festival setlists, I'd be surprised if Creep didn't feature, particularly if they're going for a career-spanning set in lieu of an OK Computer 20th Anniversary celebration. And going by the ludicrous fan reaction over their final three shows to its appearance, I'd be surprised if Fake Plastic Trees didn't feature.

Expect a setlist of twenty-four songs and two encores, I'd say. And I will pray nightly to that bear logo for Creep and Fake Plastic Trees (I'm perfectly happy to let the rest of the eFestivals community have what they want, as long as I get Creep for my youth and FPT for my absent friends).

https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/comments/58hmy4/radiohead_are_also_headlining_opener_festival_in/d90gvhl

btw right now the chef of Open'er festival is talking live on facebook about details of concert - 2.5h long

also the tour will be focused on US, there will be only few concerts in europe and the date of concert in Poland (28/06 - ok computer will be exactly 20 years old) was booked in 2015, radiohead was working on this tour really hard and long edit: there was also said that before the opener's gig radiohead will play a lot of concerts (it was said that the band will be "in form" during this concert because a lot of practise on other gigs before that year)

Why would they have a festival in Poland for 2017 booked a year ago, when Radiohead are notoriously last minute with their tour plans? That makes no sense to me, I think something was lost in translation.

I know you lot were down on the idea, but I think doing OK Computer in full is on the cards. IFFFFF they have had these 2017 festival shows lined up for so long, it would suggest they have something up their sleeve.