Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, wilem said:

A colleague who knows Kaiser Chiefs well told me they're booked to sub headline to FFs on the Sunday night... Take that as you will.

Surely not! They haven't gone from JPT headliners to Pyramid subs in the last 3 year?. All they've done is release 1 terrible album... 

I'd believe it if they were 4th/5th down the Pyramid. 

1 hour ago, wilem said:

I know....

After Radiohead the scales had to tip at some point though right?

I thought all the years without Radiohead were the price we had to pay.

2 minutes ago, 01seb said:

Surely not! They haven't gone from JPT headliners to Pyramid subs in the last 3 year?. All they've done is release 1 terrible album... 

Sadly the band have supported Foos a bunch of times on different continents and Dave is pals with Ricky and maybe the other nameless Kaiser Chiefs. It doesn't make a right lot of sense as a booking but it's not outlandish to think this might happen as a result of Glasto doing their delegation of sub choices to bands thing - and I guess they could be seen as bigger than Beck or Weller or Primal Scream are nowadays. Still hella shit though.

3 hours ago, wilem said:

I know....

After Radiohead the scales had to tip at some point though right?

The scales tipped enough then haha

2 hours ago, 01seb said:

It seems very odd that they would, but theye did blow up a bit and some bigger shows early 15. I'm still well in the boat of no though. 

Kaiser Chiefs subbing the Pyramid in 2017? What a depressing thought if true. It really defies belief how they have gained popularity just from Ricky Wilson being on a karaoke TV show. Nobody gave a shit about them anymore, about 5 years ago. Would be a seriously depressing booking in my opinion. 

Surely he just means playing on the same day, so in essence 'supporting' Foos. With the whole fitting in 2 years of music into 1 narrative I can't see this being true. Neither do I believe all bands get to pick their own subs. Maybe the odd one or two, but I highly doubt Foos chose Flo and the lads themselves as sub in 2015, so I'm not sure why they'd get the choice now.

45 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If they have spunkedthe sunday money on Diana Ross & the rest is shite, so be it.

Sunday Line Up

Foos

Kaiser Chiefs

The Kooks

Diana Ross

Shawoddywoddy

Tasmin Archer

Some Bloke out of a pub playing the spoons

A Brass Band

Pablo Honey

I can only assume you have not heard Pub Spoon Bloke's new album? It makes OK Computer look like Pablo Honey. 

Thinking about this on the walk into work and it is annoying plausible given the Weller and Beck sub bookings of the last two years. Would be a right shitshow if they took up a space given how many strong potential subs are around and touring this year. 

Every day I love them less and less. 

My immediate reaction was 'bullshit' but the more I think about it the more it unfortunately seems plausible. Still don't think it's gonna happen, mind - given the potential for those sub slots Glastonbury will've dropped a massive bollock if Kaisers are the one they've ended up with, and I think it's far more likely that they'll end up lower down the bill. Even third seems far too high for them in 2017 despite them somehow doing an arena tour (if I remember correctly their new album did kind of shite and was a hilarious attempt to branch out in to a more pop market)

Edited by FloorFiller

For fuck sake.

They are prime Sunday brigade material though nowadays aren't they. But surely 3rd down - after Ross. with a half decent sub. 

Oh well, by the looks of who might be available for the smaller stages its more than likely I wouldnt have been hanging around at the pyramid anyway.