Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

some lad on glasto chat is saying he was fucking plastering eavis's house and he told him the remaining headliners are Gaga and Oasis

second I read Oasis I knew he was chatting bollocks

So if the story was 'I was plastering Michael's house and he told me Gaga and Foo Fighters are headlining' it would have been totally believable? :P

1 minute ago, Little Andy said:

When @eFestivals first mentioned the rumour, he said that the source implied she wasn't headlining. So, ye.

aye i reckon she'll either be subbing Sheeran or a huge headliner on the Sunday like Foos or U2 or something. not that Sheeran and Gaga couldn't headline in the same year, but it does seem a little too straight up pop - moreso than the festival has ever gone headliner wise. i just don't see them being the last two myself, even if Radiohead, as less of a commercial pop headliner as you can get these days, are the third

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

some lad on glasto chat is saying he was fucking plastering eavis's house and he told him the remaining headliners are Gaga and Oasis

second I read Oasis I knew he was chatting bollocks

Not for a second suggesting Oasis are gonna headline Glastonbury but I heard last week that there will be Oasis gigs next summer and they're holding off til around March next year to announce it

Nine times out of ten I'd say utter bollocks but the guy it came from is very well connected. Number of reasons to believe him

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Not for a second suggesting Oasis are gonna headline Glastonbury but I heard last week that there will be Oasis gigs next summer and they're holding off til around March next year to announce it

Nine times out of ten I'd say utter bollocks but the guy it came from is very well connected. Number of reasons to believe him

hmm even if this does turn out to be true (which i doubt), Oasis stuff pops up so much every year pre-festival season that it's hard to believe any of it. i think i'd only believe it once several reputable sources start reporting it/it's been announced all together. would seem odd timing considering Liam's currently bigging up his solo album unless it's all an elaborate ruse

Just now, FloorFiller said:

hmm even if this does turn out to be true (which i doubt), Oasis stuff pops up so much every year pre-festival season that it's hard to believe any of it. i think i'd only believe it once several reputable sources start reporting it/it's been announced all together. would seem odd timing considering Liam's currently bigging up his solo album unless it's all an elaborate ruse

Yeah. I'm still under the impression Noel will knock out another album, Liam will do something then a couple of years down the line they'll decide to do it. Just got me thinking when he said it cause he isn't one to talk shit and where his info had come from is reliable

It wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world if it happened. I don't think it's likely at this point, but I also don't think I'll be in danger of my socks blowing off if it ends up happening. Certainly hope they don't blow off at least, I'm down to my last few non-holey pairs.

Last year, someone predicted that Arcade Fire would be announced for two festival shows in Europe: Nos Alive and BBK. And she was right, and there was no rumor about it.

She also predicted that Oasis would headline NOS in 2017.

But she was wrong about 2-3 other (smaller) bands.

Oasis were last a decent live band during the Be Here Now tour though. Don't get me wrong I'm not an Oasis basher by a long shot, I saw them live plenty of times. Even some of their songs later on were pretty good. But the only time they were even top half compared to most bands I'd seen was at the Elephant and Castle Coronet in 2005. I don't see what the big obsession is with them touring again. Liam's live voice went well over a decade ago. Little interesting going on instrumentally on stage. Same setlist every single night. And they'd probably be worse still if they reunited since they'd be doing it purely for the money. 

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Yeah. I'm still under the impression Noel will knock out another album, Liam will do something then a couple of years down the line they'll decide to do it. Just got me thinking when he said it cause he isn't one to talk shit and where his info had come from is reliable

What do you mean you're "under the impression"? Noel is currently in the studio making an album (he posted on instagram about it weeks ago) and that will surely be followed by a tour so I doubt he'd be interested in any Oasis related activity for another 2 years at least.

I'm not trying to have a go at you here, but I've seen you post a few rumours from your sources now, have any of them ever turned out to be correct? Once again not having a go, I just can't be arsed trawling through your posting history.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

but she hasn't had a successful single/album since 2011!! 

In pop music terms that's like... a long time

She would be waaay better then either Ed Sheeran or the Foo fighters so...

New album is good + huge back catalogue of hits. 

Although I still would prefer her as a sub, there are many worse outcomes it would seem.

p.s I'm not even a huge Gaga fan, only really became interested recently.

someone tell me again why the roses are suddenly ruled out? what the hell is going on? suddenly gone from legends like that to gaga and fucking ed sheeran? is it morphing into a radio 1 one big weekend or something? I get it 1 `chart topping radio loves them` act to keep the bbc audience happy on the Saturday night....but not both remaining nights ffs!

I saw Gaga in 2008 on Other. She was extraordinary. After that she became absolutely massive and I fully expected her to headline but it never happened. She would be a Worthy headliner in my view - a real trooper

2 hours ago, sunnydaysblue said:

I loved Gaga's first and second album. I'm a big fan of hers. Her third album was shite though - her new album seems shite as well going off the first single. I find it strange she could be a headliner. A sub maybe but not headliner nowadays. I was gutted to miss her set in 2009 but if I'm honest it feels like she has massively peaked and now flopped since 2010/11. I'd be there to watch for the great hits from her previous albums though.

This is entirely how I feel about Gaga. Spot on about the first two albums and how she's declined since. The most recent song I heard (Perfect Illusion, maybe?) is utter bollox.

Some of her earlier stuff, in my opinion, is some of the best pop music of this generation. 

I've watched a load of her live stuff on YouTube. From festival/outdoor shows, to more intimate gigs with just her and the piano, and she is phenomenal at times. A superb voice, great pianist and brilliant entertainer. Would love to see her at Glasto.

Actually really fit when she doesn't go all out crazy with the make up too!

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Oasis headlining, NGYFB subbing, Liam opening the Other, Bonehead DJing in the Crow's Nest and Tony McCarroll working all weekend at the Brothers Bar.

What about Scott McLeod?

Just now, dentalplan said:

UB40 headlined? For fuck's sake. How has anyone been able to complain about a headliner since?

I went to watch Ali Campbell at The Apollo earlier this year. Was a right good doo. Was full of pissed up single mums who had not been out for 15 years, going absolutely mental.