Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Just watching the Justin Timberlake concert on Netflix. Big Band, Dancers, Lights and bangers. I'm all over catching him somewhere next year. Whatever you think about him, he puts on a fucking show! 

@Woffy tell the missus we can go together and hold each other up with the wobbly knee syndrome. Oh my! 

If Timbers, Bon Iver and Fleetwood Mac all play she'll be a puddle of quivering goo. 

Add @Scruffylovemonster and she'll dissolve completely. 

Although Damien Rice would have the effect of all the above combined!

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Presumably when he played two years back he was on similarly scaled down pay.

But at that stage he wasn't quite of the size where he could sell out the likes of V all on his own so probably wouldn't have had quite such sizeable offers from elsewhere. I do agree with Will and all though, he has gone on record as saying he's going to do it next time out so he'd look a bit of a tit to go back on that.

16 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Just watching the Justin Timberlake concert on Netflix. Big Band, Dancers, Lights and bangers. I'm all over catching him somewhere next year. Whatever you think about him, he puts on a fucking show! 

@Woffy tell the missus we can go together and hold each other up with the wobbly knee syndrome. Oh my! 

I'm on the JT bandwagon with you. He knows how to work a crowd and like you said puts on a mega show. I'd certainly prefer him as the 'pop' act over anyone else being mentioned - and I don't have any particular problem with Ed, just don't like his music - JT on the other hand has some bangers. 

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

I'm still sticking with Gaga. Cannot see Emily not having a female headliner.

Radiohead, Gaga and 1 other. Still not sold that Sheeran can headline the Pyramid. Heck of a slot to carry on your tod with a predominately acoustic set. Would be better headlining Other if he's actually going to be active next summer.

If you can carry a predominantly acoustic show at Wembley for three nights, there's gotta be something right. Anyway, he's "going electric" for album three - presumeably so when the Nobel Prizes come knocking in fifty-five years, he can ignore their calls :P

Gaga's opening-three-day sale is here - 17,000 for Joanne. 11,000 was Friday only.

If she doesn't see a pick up this week, and calculating for general record deterioration throughout a sales week, I think we're looking at about 28,500 sales, possibly pushing up to 30,000 if I'm underselling her.

For comparison, Foals sold more with What Went Down (34,000 I think) in week one. Whilst Gaga may have legs, I doubt it in this market - Joanne will get a xmas boost but low down the charts.This one, folks, is officially going to be a dud by her standards.

I reckon she could still headline on the strength of those hits - but if she plays more than three or four tracks, she may lose a crowd.

1.    Born This Way
2.    Papparazi
3.    A-Yo
4.    Do What U Want
5.    Judas
6.    Just Dance
7.    Poker Face
8.    Million Reasons (Gaga piano solo)
9.    Dope (Gaga piano solo)
10.    You and I
11.    Applause
12.    Alejandro
13.    Hey Girl (duet with Florence Welch)
14.    Spectrum (duet with Florence Welch)
15.    Perfect Illusion
16.    Bad Romance

17.    Telephone
18.    The Edge of Glory

EDIT: Bang that on as a headline set on Saturday night, it would go down a party treat probably bigger than Sheeran's lot. But then we all said Adele couldn't bring a party - and granted, she couldn't but it was still a great show.

Might waste more of my life crafting an Ed setlist now for good measure...

Edited by DownboundTrain52

2 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

1.    Born This Way
2.    Papparazi
3.    A-Yo
4.    Do What U Want
5.    Judas
6.    Just Dance
7.    Poker Face
10.    You and I
11.    Applause
12.    Alejandro
15.    Perfect Illusion
16.    Bad Romance

17.    Telephone
18.    The Edge of Glory

No. 11 is a song, right?

10 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

1.    Born This Way
2.    Papparazi
3.    A-Yo
4.    Do What U Want
5.    Judas
6.    Just Dance
7.    Poker Face
10.    You and I
11.   Dance in the Dark
12.    Alejandro
15.    Perfect Illusion
16.    Bad Romance

17.    Telephone
18.    The Edge of Glory

EDIT: Bang that on as a headline set on Saturday night, it would go down a party treat probably bigger than Sheeran's lot. But then we all said Adele couldn't bring a party - and granted, she couldn't but it was still a great show.

Corrected for you ;)

34 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

Roskilde are announcing 12 (at least) acts on thursday. Same day as alive2017.com is going live (whatever that means).. let the hype begin!

Radiohead isn't playing Roskilde, thats all info they´ve given

Any rumours in Sverige about who's likely to be announced?

41 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

1.    Born This Way
2.    Papparazi
3.    A-Yo
4.    Do What U Want
5.    Judas
6.    Just Dance
7.    Poker Face
10.    You and I
11.    Applause
12.    Alejandro
15.    Perfect Illusion
16.    Bad Romance

17.    Telephone
18.    The Edge of Glory

Sadly can't see her 'sticking to the hits' that much, for the ArtRave tour more than half of the setlist was Artpop album tracks. Although she might see sense for Glastonbury. I'd hope so, anyway. Also if she's going to insist on piano-ing up one of her old songs she can at least make it one of the hits, not one of the worst songs from Artpop.

Edited by Zac Quinn