Headliner predictions 2017

swede

Had a good listen to "Joanne" by Gaga and there's no way she can headline off the back of it, it's ok but is a country album and some of the songs wouldn't be out of place if sung by Kesha or Katy Perry. 

Million Reasons is the best thing on it and that's a ballad.

Even the quirkiness of the lyrics and the big beats from the first two albums has gone, too much of a risk of headlining even with her back catalogue as who knows how she'd rearrange them live considering she's gone country and western crazy.

Amazing sub, poor headliner 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Smeble said:

if the Mac are touring next year hopefully Stevie nicks is fully recovered, by the time they got to IOW last year their long tour had really taken its toll on her, she was having major back issues and really struggling. They were bloody fantastic though. 

Stevie's fine. she's starting a 30-date solo tour this week. I think Mick was referring to how she might still be touring next year too

18 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Me too. Was walking solo down the path from the railway. Just glanced at stage. Teared up. Went over as I think they were playing 110th street on the PA. Memory hazy about that part though. 

Right on the back end of that WW1 ballet on the Pyramid as well, that was a melancholy morning.

Any thoughts on these Foo Fighters rumours that I have not seen a lot of but are apparantly everywhere haha?

Going by previous cancelled bookings I'm sure headliners haven't been brought back so soon.. is it possible or totally unrealistic to even think this could happen? (Hope in my case haha)

2 minutes ago, coreyt409 said:

Any thoughts on these Foo Fighters rumours that I have not seen a lot of but are apparantly everywhere haha?

Going by previous cancelled bookings I'm sure headliners haven't been brought back so soon.. is it possible or totally unrealistic to even think this could happen? (Hope in my case haha)

i think they're a possibility but considering they're still on hiatus and haven't been announced for anything else next year it's hard to see them as a likely candidate. i mean, it could happen, but there's nothing pointing to it happening other than people struggling to think of other likely acts

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

i think they're a possibility but considering they're still on hiatus and haven't been announced for anything else next year it's hard to see them as a likely candidate. i mean, it could happen, but there's nothing pointing to it happening other than people struggling to think of other likely acts

Yeahh that makes sense, there doesn't seem to be too much obvious choice floating around in the headliner pool this year, especially with The Roses and Daft Punk apparantly out of the running.

Just now, coreyt409 said:

Yeahh that makes sense, there doesn't seem to be too much obvious choice floating around in the headliner pool this year, especially with The Roses and Daft Punk apparantly out of the running.

yep think most people are pretty stumped as to who this last headliner is gonna be (if we're to believe the second will be Ed Sheeran). a few candidates but none that stand out as being more likely than others. gonna be an interesting few months of speculation until something more concrete leaks

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Only thing I'm not sure about is whether Bono's gonna start wearing hats again before U2 return to Glastonbury next year.

It's tricky. I can see arguments for and against.

He'll wear them I think for the section of the show where the play mid-nineties material - probably song numbers 6-10.

That said, what I'd love to see is a real variety of hats. Maybe even a bucket hat, as a nod to the fact The Stone Roses couldn't be here.

32 minutes ago, coreyt409 said:

U2 were booked for 2010, cancelled and came back the very next year in 2011, so it's entirely credible that the Foos will be headlining as soon as their touring engine starts up again. Which could easily be by next June.

1 minute ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

He'll wear them I think for the section of the show where the play mid-nineties material - probably song numbers 6-10.

That said, what I'd love to see is a real variety of hats. Maybe even a bucket hat, as a nod to the fact The Stone Roses couldn't be here.

:lol: Also a Daft Punk helmet, but not pulled down properly, so to be worn as a hat. Then one of these as the rain starts to fall:

bruce-s-jim-carrey-umbrella-hat-e1360288

2 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Jamourquiooooo?

Fingers crossed for those lads too. Lovely hats.