Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I know but people were saying their sources were saying the Roses up until they were ruled out and I'm drawing the similarities.

ha my thinking exactly. Amazing how so many people's "sources" now have the foos as bang on, just days after so many other "sources" had stone roses bang on.

Emily will rule out foo fighters then everyone's "sources" will switch to the next flavour of the month. I've never understood why people bother pretending they are "in the know".

Hello! I am doing an art project for uni and i'm going to make a video of life at Glastonbury, if any of you would be able to send me some videos you have of around the festival, your experience at the festival or any documentation I could use that would be brilliant!! I'd be very grateful!!  my email address is: amycad@hotmail.co.uk 

thank you!

Just now, dentalplan said:

Just think people should pace themselves and not turn this into a sprint by accepting the suggestion of the most obvious rumour as true.

Galloping to conclusions won't do anyone any good - the line-up has barely got off the starting blocks, and the finish line is still a long way away.

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

ha my thinking exactly. Amazing how so many people's "sources" now have the foos as bang on, just days after so many other "sources" had stone roses bang on.

Emily will rule out foo fighters then everyone's "sources" will switch to the next flavour of the month. I've never understood why people bother pretending they are "in the know".

No claiming to be "in the know" here (I posted about Foos and Ed Sheeran this morning) - though I guess I work with someone who does! Just thought I'd pass on the info - not really arsed who else headlines, I have my night at the Pyramid sorted already! :-) I've seen Foos enough times to know what to expect. And I've seen Ed once, which is enough for me.

(Appreciate you probably weren't talking about anyone in particular) 

Just now, alibear said:

No claiming to be "in the know" here (I posted about Foos and Ed Sheeran this morning) - though I guess I work with someone who does! Just thought I'd pass on the info - not really arsed who else headlines, I have my night at the Pyramid sorted already! :-) I've seen Foos enough times to know what to expect. And I've seen Ed once, which is enough for me.

(Appreciate you probably weren't talking about anyone in particular) 

no definitely wasnt trying to single anyone out. It's the people who pop up with 1 or 2 posts to their name I mean really, rather than regulars like you!

I don't suppose most people passing it on know if info is accurate and pass it on because if the source's assurances, but when it is bollocks there was someone at the start of the process that knows they don't know and just lied anyway. Which is a bit weird.

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I don't suppose most people passing it on know if info is accurate and pass it on because if the source's assurances, but when it is bollocks there was someone at the start of the process that knows they don't know and just lied anyway. Which is a bit weird.

looking like you know stuff is empowering I guess

ps I just made you 2900 :D

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah, I've never really got my head round why anyone would bother making something like this up. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Chinese whispers thing maybe. People often ask me who is headlining because they know I have secret dirty online double life, then I say "Well it's looking likely to be..." and then when whatever band gets ruled out it's like "You've made me look a mug in front of my mate who I told it was definitely The Stone Roses because of your insider info". Those muggles out there in the real world aren't as detail obsessed as us, by and large, and that's why they'll be sent to corrective mental conditioning when our regime takes over.

Beyonce to headline.

Thought it was interesting that Emily said about trying to cram two years into one. Guess they might have had some acts pencilled in for Longleat 2018 and will try and bring them forward? May have an unusually strong sub/head for Other Stage? There again, they've still only got 1 years worth of ticket sales to fund acts.

Would be suprised if Foo's headline as their only gig of the year after so much time off...would have thought they'd at least want a couple of warm up gigs after the time off. 

I'm still sticking with Gaga. Cannot see Emily not having a female headliner.

Radiohead, Gaga and 1 other. Still not sold that Sheeran can headline the Pyramid. Heck of a slot to carry on your tod with a predominately acoustic set. Would be better headlining Other if he's actually going to be active next summer.

There's no way Sheeran won't headline if he plays. He sold out Wembley 3 nights on the trot. His next album is pretty much guaranteed to debut at no 1 in the UK and have at least 1 hit single on it. He'll likely be the biggest solo artist in the UK next year unlike gaga who is largely forgotten about and has just released a country album or something!? No way is she a headliner.

Edited by Madyaker

They're both bigger than anyone who's subbed Glastonbury within living memory, and multiple acts who've headlined too. Sheeran is probably among the biggest ever headliners in terms of ticket/record-selling prowess, quite how that would translate to Glastonbury demographics I don't know but if his crowd in 2014 - just before he became really huge - is anything to go by, he'll almost certainly get a bigger crowd than Radiohead.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Just watching the Justin Timberlake concert on Netflix. Big Band, Dancers, Lights and bangers. I'm all over catching him somewhere next year. Whatever you think about him, he puts on a fucking show! 

@Woffy tell the missus we can go together and hold each other up with the wobbly knee syndrome. Oh my! 

For me, the main doubt about Sheeran is that he'll probably have offers of significant £££ on the table from the likes of V to play there as an exclusive. It wouldn't quite be an Adele-level coup if he did Glasters instead of all that but it would be a big statement.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Tends to be the older acts and Americans that get swayed by the money. Sheeran's making the massive coin at a young age, he's not had the time to grow greedy yet and clearly at least likes Glastonbury, definitely grew up in the era of Glastonbury being the big daddy kingmaker. He'll go Glastonbury over V easily.