Headliner predictions 2017

swede

43 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Only one hat I want to see! 

A Raspberry Beret? :(

7 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Not exactly an exciting combination for the hardcore Glasto goers, but Foos gives me a chance to be elsewhere that night, since I intend to see Radiohead and Ed ( never seen them, both put on a good show - and Sheeran is unlikely to be solo acoustic I reckon too as he said in an interview he was going electric with a band for album 3, I think)

I thought I'd read the opposite :lol: I think I prefer him without a band to be honest, makes his show a bit different from the usual singer-songwriter affair.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Was the Foos "comeback" not just a one off?

I don't know, and I don't think anyone on here does - but I'd be very reluctant to call it a comeback just on the basis of 1 low key performance which largely consisted of covers.

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Shit seems to go down whenever he tours the UK. Maybe he doesn't like the weather.

Edited by Zac Quinn

4 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I think to suggest 70,000 people would be staring at him is rather overestimating how much of a pull he'd have in the Glastonbury demographics to be honest.

True.  But something about a Lionel-sized crowd in stony silence made me smile. Reality would be 15 teenage girls, one guy asleep in a chair and an acid casualty thinking he's watching Cirque du Soleil.

Is there any evidence that the Foos are actually returning? Said before that they didn't just can Glastonbury, it was an entire European tour they pulled. If they were back next year they wouldn't risk pissing most of their European fanbase off by just doing GF and not rescheduling those other gigs and festivals.

I'd be elsewhere for Ed. Foos? Maybe, depending on what else is on. Could quite easily see myself adding them to the list of underwhelming Sunday night Pyramid headliners I've seen due to laziness, peer pressure or lack of options.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think you'd both be surprised......

He'd get a decent initial crowd respecting his 'resurgence', but they'd disperse quicker than if Kanye's crowd had heard John Lennon had arisen from the dead and taken to The Other Stage. Particularly if he pulled a stunt like asking them to stop showing their appreciation for him. I mean for heaven's sake some gigs would kill for even a bit of audience noise, he is so spoilt.

EDIT: Also there'd inevitably be mass petitions if it was announced and he doesn't strike me as someone who would see that and not pull out.

Edited by Zac Quinn

We deserve a higher class of headliner, people say we're running out old school legends but there's 1 glaring omission.

Been around 40 odd years, 30+ albums with no signs of stopping or settling for old sounds.  One of the greatest British bands of all time with an amazing front man that knows how to put on a show. Last Glastonbury show went down a storm yet they still haven't headlined.

Picture it now, Saturday night, the pyramid stage, The Fall.

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

We deserve a higher class of headliner, people say we're running out old school legends but there's 1 glaring omission.

Been around 40 odd years, 30+ albums with no signs of stopping or settling for old sounds.  One of the greatest British bands of all time with an amazing front man that knows how to put on a show. Last Glastonbury show went down a storm yet they still haven't headlined.

First headliner with a greater than average probability of wetting themselves onstage.

14 minutes ago, priest17 said:

99% of the audience would be expecting gillian anderson to walk out on stage

14 minutes ago, priest17 said:

+1 for this.

In all seriousness though, would love to see them invited back. I get the impression that Mark E. Smith and the band actually quite enjoyed Glastonbury in the end when they last played. Can't remember if it was true or not, but I read somewhere that MES bought the band fish & chips on the way home to celebrate a successful gig. I like to think that it was true...

Also, apparently it wasn't piss on his trousers but the result of a botched champagne bottle opening!

11 minutes ago, Neal86 said:

im a big foos fan but the thought of seeing them at glastonbury doent exctite me in the slighest.

Yeah really get this - probably seen them more than any other band, was a huge fan back in the day but their new stuff has just been so cheese stadium 'dad rock'.

Managed to see them play as the holy shits, playing all old and barely ever played songs and it was incredible - if they did that they'd definitely get me to the Pyramid!... But it'd never happen at Glasto though. Setlist will be 100% cheese ballads.