Headliner predictions 2017

swede

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If you ever went to one T then 2011 was the best probably lineup wise, might have pissed you off crazy with clashes mind! I enjoyed 2013 loads purely due to weather.

Arctics, Plan B, Pendulum, Twin Atlantic when they were good and The Airborne Toxic Event....I haven't event touched on Saturday or Sunday but I admit they were a bit low key at the bottom, I know it will be smaller acts but nothing even really sticking out with much interest.....top heavy though. 

TATE, what a debut album they had. Saw them in Leeds last year(?), was sound. Happily take them.

I really want a bad headliner now, or one I don't care about. But as I'm open to most musical suggestions, the only headliner I'd skip is one I've seen before and not been impressed by. So I think that's probably just Foo Fighters.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Take That would be an awkward and divisive headliner. 

But they wouldn't bring on Noel Fielding dressed up as Vlad the Impaler, so in that sense they're fucking heroes.

Can't see it happening at all now, Gaga would be seen as a better choice imo even if bumped upto headliner than them but I see her as being a sub, she has something different where people wouldn't just ignore her on stage.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Heathen is way better I reckon. Slow burn, heathen (the rays) are decent too.

2 hours ago, LeeGalvin said:

I dunno, on reflection I think Heathen is superior. Tracks such as Sunday and Slip Away are hard to better.

We all agree Blackstar is better than anything since the 70s though? Finally broke the "best album since Scary Monsters" cliché.

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Anyway 

Bon Jovi = no, not enough wine and apparently a shortage. Seriously. If you like Chilean stock up. (please dont tell Russy cos I'll be accused of being a middle class c**t) 

Take that = Ah jaysis come on now. Shits and giggles right? 

Queen Bey = Oh yes purlease! 

KOL = only if they play the first album but will get blasted with piss if they play Sex on Fire

Lady Gaga = Soz, got a few bangers but I can't get past the contrived quirky. (files alongside Paloma Faith) 

Now give me Justin Timberlake for a knee wobbling and heart throbbing show down to show down all show downs! 

Big Jobi - I'd love it but never going to happen. Would probably be shite. 

Take That - Go and shite. Shite. 

Queen Bey - Go see Take That in the long drops. Shite.

KOL - Dullsville USA. Shite.

GaGa - Someone retrieve Beyonce from the latrine. Shite. 

Timberlake - A heart wobbling knee trembler. Shite.

id see none of the above, bon jovi were ok back in the day(as generic arena rock bands go) but are vastly in need of a g&r style Resurrection after years of mediocrity and band members disappearing up their own egotistical arseholes.....and the rest are just shite. (`in my opinion`-before the rage:P)

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

STRINGS, JONNY! STRINGS!!!

SEE? SEE! IT WORKS!

#burnthewitch

Just realised there could have been a Bond theme played in consecutive years during headline sets had the film accountants not chosen the Sam Smith one over Radiohead.  So that's a pub quiz question we can't get right in 20 years

I still wake up at 4am ruing that decision. 

(assuming McCartney doesn't play and pull out Live & Let Die)

Edited by Chawk

36 minutes ago, Chawk said:

Just realised there could have been a Bond theme played in consecutive years during headline sets had the film accountants not chosen the Sam Smith one over Radiohead.  So that's a pub quiz question we can't get right in 20 years

Ahem

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Big Jobi - I'd love it but never going to happen. Would probably be shite. 

Take That - Go and shite. Shite. 

Queen Bey - Go see Take That in the long drops. Shite.

KOL - Dullsville USA. Shite.

GaGa - Someone retrieve Beyonce from the latrine. Shite. 

Timberlake - A heart wobbling knee trembler. Shite.

My £0.02 on that lot:

Bumbling Jehovah - I'd have an initial 'what? Ugh' moment but I suspect I'd really enjoy it. Just keep it rocky. And RS would need to return.   

Take That - just can't see it happening. Even with tweedle dee and tweedle dumb they just wouldn't fit. Incredibly successful and some of their stuff is genuinely solid pop, but Barlow's a catastrophic turnip and the crowd just wouldn't be up for it. 

Queen Bey - Yes. With hubby, please. How long has it been since a major headliner brought out a substantive special guest? It's high time  

KOL - Fucking hell. Just imagine it. Awful. 

Gaga - She's a sub at best, at this point. I wouldn't be remotely interested, personally. 

Timberlake - Oh do fuck off. 

6 hours ago, Chawk said:

Could still happen if Sam Smith were to headline the Saturday....

27 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Outside chance Robbie would be booked as he has new album, then gets his old mates on for a couple to celebrate 25year anniversary? 

Lordy. Yes, I can see this happening, actually. It doesn't help that Emily's been chasing TT for several years, according to Neil (IIRC). That they haven't headlined yet is down to them, not the Festival.   

There's also an outside chance that it could work. 

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Lordy. Yes, I can see this happening, actually. It doesn't help that Emily's been chasing TT for several years, according to Neil (IIRC). That they haven't headlined yet is down to them, not the Festival.   

There's also an outside chance that it could work. 

Would be TV friendly, he was there to watch Adele last year - just like she watched kanye the year before....

1 hour ago, slash's hat said:

Outside chance Robbie would be booked as he has new album, then gets his old mates on for a couple to celebrate 25year anniversary? 

+1 for Justin Timberlake please, keep your Beyonce thank you!

Really wish Robbie would stop making new music so he can do a late afternoon slot packed full of the classics +/- Take That songs (no Angels, cause fuck that song).

Just banged out a long rant in the Taylor Swift thread on how a straight up rock show would make her immense live. if she did away with the dancers, the outfit changes and the miming (because her voice is dynamite), she'd make a fabulous headliner. 

I had her down for my 2015 predictions if I remember correctly. Had Foo Fighters, Blur, Taylor Swift. saw two of them in Hyde Park instead :D

Gaga would be a triumph and has a back catologue of hits to deserve headliner status. She'd smash it. That girl has a great voice. Just watch her 2009 Other Stage success with 1 recently released album, then add Bad Romance, Born This Way, Telephone, Judas, Edge of Glory, Alejandro as new hits and other solid album tracks that weren't singles and you've enough for a headliner. And she'll probably roll out Tony Bennett for a couple of duets from her jazz album.

Edited by Keithy