Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Meerkat said:

New poster here. Not related to the headliners but looking at the rumour page, how come Bloc Party and Drenge are rumoured for the Pyramid Stage? Seems many people are guessing Bloc Party on John Peel.

I can remember the tip we had for Drenge was Pyramid stage, so I guess we had similar for Bloc Party too.

We don't by-default put an act onto a particular stage without someone telling us that stage, so while cock-up is always possible, it's probably cos that's the info we had.

4 minutes ago, supreme said:

Would be weird seeing Drenge play Glastonbury, they haven't been announced for anything yet and in addition Eoin has said they are having some time off. Though it could be a one off performance!

well, it's only in there as a 'rumour', so it could be wrong too. We're not betting the farm that it's right, we're just saying that someone has said to us that it is.

Edited by eFestivals

56 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I'm sticking around until I hear someone use a phrase as fucking hilarious as the one about Slayer...sorry: SLAYER!!!...'defiling' the Park Stage.

When this thread hits that apex / nadir I'm out.

hey, I'm starting to think there might be something to the Slayer thing (really :blink:)

They have one show announced in the UK, for Bloodstock in August. They haven't been announced as an exclusive for that.

They're on tour in Europe around Glastonbury, and they have space in their tourdates to do it.

It's a wacky wacky idea that I've completely ignored as that for over three weeks ... but it's also so wacky, who knows, there might be something to it. (Maybe, even, cos Emily is a secret Slayer fan :P).

I'm not really thinking it's likely, but I don't think I can keep ignoring it. As a rumour it's as credible as plenty of others that people take seriously.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

hey, I'm starting to think there might be something to the Slayer thing (really :blink:)

They have one show announced in the UK, for Bloodstock in August. They haven't been announced as an exclusive for that.

They're on tour in Europe around Glastonbury, and they have space in their tourdates to do it.

It's a wacky wacky idea that I've completely ignored as that for over three weeks ... but it's also so wacky, who knows, there might be something to it. (Maybe, even, cos Emily is a secret Slayer fan :P).

I'm not really thinking it's likely, but I don't think I can keep ignoring it. As a rumour it's as credible as plenty of others that people take seriously.

I wish I could believe this, it would certainly be an antidote to the percieved middle of the road Pyramid headliners. Sadly I suspect it will go the way of many a wishful thinking rumour.

I'll be seeing Slayer at Bloodstock anyway, but did see them at Brixton in December and they were awesome.

Staying on a metallic note was wondering if Deafheaven maybe a possibility as they tick the leftfield but hip boxes that normally get you a slot at Glastonbury. Saw them last week and they were superb and given how they sound seemed to atttract quite a diverse audience.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I see the logic!

And if you're right about RH, Neil, then I'll gladly accept the defilement* of the lovely Park Stage too!

*How do they do that, anyway???

21 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I see the logic!

And if you're right about RH, Neil, then I'll gladly accept the defilement* of the lovely Park Stage too!

*How do they do that, anyway???

turns out The Park bit of it might be the result of a bad assumption. The words used are more likely to be a reference to the JP or Other stages.