Headliners 2016

thewayiam

21 minutes ago, across97 said:

I think the source was an AM announcement. It can be AM or PM, no pattern at all. Tuesday will be a very unproductive day at work if the line up does come in the AM

are we jumping to conclusions here? All we got was 'tis'. It could be in answer to like anything going on in the forum

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Acid_Haze said:

are we jumping to conclusions here? All we got was 'tis'. It could be in answer to like anything going on in the forum

I don't know am or pm, but I've had my own word about Tuesday from Someone Who Knows.

I've no reason to have any doubts at all in that word. That word has been good as advance word of announcements in other years.

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't know am or pm, but I've had my own word about Tuesday from Someone Who Knows.

I've no reason to have any doubts at all in that word. That word has been good as advance word of announcements in other years.

So you're fairly confident on Tuesday too? Thats positive to hear. Whats usually included in the first poster? Its not the full line up usually is it?

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

sz5-4.gif

14 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

No. Usually headliners and subs for main 6 or 7 stages if they've been finalised. Plus the bigger names of the undercard. Around 70 acts usually. Here's last years for example

Thats decent, all the bigger acts shall we say are on there, but theres still a few missing from that poster that I'd have seen last year. Glasto can't come quick enough, all its been is just waiting so far haha

30 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Aw man, this weekend is going to be interminable now. It's the hope and the waiting that kills you.

Are we talking two different sources Neil and Rubenz? Or do you both have the same source?

DIfferent as far as I know, but good to see Neil's info is also on the same lines.

Edited by rubenz

Let's be aware now that last year Neil told us the full lineup will be out sometime in May and it ended up The Who and Paul Weller were announced on that day. I'm gonna stick with there being an announcement that day, but not going to get my hopes up for a lineup poster because it is quite early.

8 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Let's be aware now that last year Neil told us the full lineup will be out sometime in May and it ended up The Who and Paul Weller were announced on that day. I'm gonna stick with there being an announcement that day, but not going to get my hopes up for a lineup poster because it is quite early.

Someone's a barrel of laughs aren't they

I don't really see what else they'd announce next week now that the headliners and legend are already announced (other than perhaps a lone Radiohead announcement). The PJ Harvey announcement was a strange one.

I'm confident it'll be the poster. We're almost at balance payment week and they normally announce it around them.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

It's not impossible that they're the same source just because I don't know who's Rubenz source is, but my info wasn't from the same place as far as I know.

I realise I probably already know the answer to this question but did your source just know the poster was on its way, or did they actually see the poster?

Just wondering if they mentioned any names like Talking Heads, TV on the Radio or any other combination of the words 'head' and 'radio' that may have occurred?

5 hours ago, across97 said:

Whats usually included in the first poster? Its not the full line up usually is it?

I reckon about 60-80% of the lineup for the major stages with a few larger names from smaller stages.  In recent years there have been big acts (other stage headliners) not listed on the first poster, so it was a great surprise when the full lineup gave us more to look forward to.