Hold or give up ticket?

airwaves

Are you keeping your ticket?   

263 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the main poster has dropped are you keeping, not keeping your ticket?

• Intend to give up ticket
    • Undecided - trending to give up
    • Undecided
    • Undecided - trending to probably hold
    • Definitely holding

3 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Has anyone here on efests ever not paid their balance after seeing and not liking the first poster?

Yep even those moaning about the line up truly know in their hearts that they'll still have a great time.

No way I’d give my ticket up based on a poster that is a fraction of the acts that will be there. Not having a big list of must see acts is good, it means I’ll listen to acts I’ve not heard before and will discover acts, new to me, that I love. Plus I’ll hopefully be able to get into the Cabaret tent this year and see some stuff in there. There’s been so many acts in both Cabaret and Acoustic I’ve not seen because of must sees at the main stages

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Of those who'll be putting their ticket back in, how many of those is a negative reaction to the initial poster though? A very small fraction, I'd imagine

Yeah there should be “giving up due to lineup” and “giving up for other reasons”.

Unless people's personal circumstances have changed, I'd always recommend that everyone, particularly first timers, hold onto their ticket until the very last opportunity.

It'll be worth it, regardless of who's playing or what the weather is. Coincidentally, these two subjects are possibly the most heavily discussed and debated on here and rarely have a detrimental effect on your overall enjoyment/experience.

Hold em.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah there should be “giving up due to lineup” and “giving up for other reasons”.

Definitely. Huge difference.

That said, it's ok if you think the lineup isn't for you and you want to bail. We've probably got 60%+ of the two main stage acts. Not an insignificant number to be able to make a call on value for money if that's your thing and what's been announced ain't your jam.

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Definitely. Huge difference.

That said, it's ok if you think the lineup isn't for you and you want to bail. We've probably got 60%+ of the two main stage acts. Not an insignificant number to be able to make a call on value for money if that's your thing and what's been announced ain't your jam.

Lots of clashes going on, Rock Wertcher for example they have managed a nice timing between acts and stages.

For me, the line-up has probably 15-20 acts I want to see. Annoyingly, I have tickets to see 1/3 of those already at own shows and there's a fair cross-over with EOTR which I'm doing for the first time. Thinking pay off the deposit and review on the last day for cancellation/refund if the additions haven't swung it. I'd normally not even consider it but none of the rest of my usual group have tickets, and the one mate who did has decided to put his back in.

23 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

this poll gives a pretty similar response most years I reckon . 13% giving up ticket currently 

I'd make the assumption that the "just browsing" votes are people who do not have tickets but want to see the results, therefore of the ticket holders, you're looking at 19% passing up their tickets.

There is not one person who is returning their ticket purely in the strength of the first poster. Not one.

Some may have another factor in play and the lineup is the clincher, but I’ll wager you can measure them in low double digits.

Anyone who has been before won’t be. Anyone who has previously missed out won’t be. Anyone who is at least cognoscente of the fact that a ticket is far from guaranteed any year won’t be.

I could be wrong*

*I’m not

• Upvote 1

Really? Surrender those precious tickets after all the anguish and nerves of ticket day, the excitement of success against all the odds and the preparations made for the ultimate party on the farm? All because of a poster drop that might not be what you were expecting but the knowledge that many other acts still to be announced. Unless there’s a personal or financial reason then no way could I see anyone giving them up. You might never be lucky again to get a ticket. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Really? Surrender those precious tickets after all the anguish and nerves of ticket day, the excitement of success against all the odds and the preparations made for the ultimate party on the farm? All because of a poster drop that might not be what you were expecting but the knowledge that many other acts still to be announced. Unless there’s a personal or financial reason then no way could I see anyone giving them up. You might never be lucky again to get a ticket

And over the last 3 T Days, at least, I think many/most/all of us have had that terrifying feeling.

Live every moment, team. This ain't for forever, for any of us.

Ben
x

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

I have a few acts that are on must see that are clashing. A lot of the acts aren't special but they are ideal for me currently and never considered giving it up.

I've got Cindi Lauper, Sugababes, Anne-Marie and Dua Lipa looking to be clash free Friday. 

Keane, Bloc Party who I think will be clash free as I can see Coldplay doing 2 hours given it sounds like it could well be Coldplays last time playing there on a touring basis....their final album, and probably The Streets although they could be beat by someone else quite easily.

Paul Heaton, Shania Twain, Janelle/Avril clash but Avril will win comfortably and then probably home.

I've got 9 acts there wouldn't turn tbe ticket down for plus Faithless but there is no denying that by forcing the diversity element and probably putting heavier representation of female acts especially on the two bigger stage on two of the days, it had made for a weaker looking lineup on the face of it because there aren't enough at the level needed.

The difference of accepting you could only have 1 female headliner, putting either Faithless or D-Block as headliner, Anne-Marie subbing and Idles 3rd down with possibly putting Disclosure on WHs stage would have been big enough I feel.

• Downvote 1

That twitter poll with 13% saying they're giving up their ticket has to be massively influenced by people without tickets.  I cannot for a moment believe that 1 in 8 would throw their ticket back on the strength (or lack) of the lineup announcement.  I reckon there's a higher percentage than that of people who go who don't give two shits about the lineup because they are all about the nightlife.

For me it's all about the music and I must admit I'm totally fed up with this lineup so far. For me the drop off in quality on the first poster drop compared to the last time I got tickets (2016) is unreal. Pop/R'n'B is not my thing and the first poster drop is choc full of it. Looks to me like in striving for gender equality the festival is losing diversity of genre. Hoping some more interesting acts get announced before we have to pay the balance, currently trending to give up. 

• Upvote 1