Faithless

westholtschic

On 3/15/2024 at 10:55 AM, Franky said:

I think a lot of people underestimate the amount of over 40's that still go to Glasto!

most of the volunteer's - & staff.

5 hours ago, Neil said:

most of the volunteer's - & staff.

The punters need mummies and daddies to look after them for the weekend when they're away from home 😅

Licence restrictions are mainly related to the impact on surrounding residents than anything H&S. Its about noise pollution really. For that reason, I’d be shocked if they allowed a major stage to open on Thursday for a musical act.

With that in mind, Faithless (band) on the Thursday in any venue permitted to host them sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. They had better have other stuff going on or it could be a nightmare.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:21 PM, Twiggy553 said:

Faithless is just the name Sister Bliss Djs under these days. She’s fine but doesn’t warrant anything bigger than the Glade.

Still this and still my opinion

be clear about what’s on offer and it wont be dangerous. It will still be busy but with plenty other options it would be ok and not as daft as example.

id be elsewhere in any event 

On 3/15/2024 at 8:33 AM, briddj said:

Got to Example an hour before last year and there was loads of space at the time. We'll plan to repeat that. 

This is also applicable to just about any really busy set. As long as you are in the area well in advance you tend not to have issues. 

people turn up to something 5-10 mins before and then moan….

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

last year they ran lonely hearts stage on thursday from 19:30 to 3:00 am friday morning. as well as various other stages in silver hayes , this would contradict the licence condition above 

image.png

Does it not just come under Silver Hayes in the group D venues? And thus able to run till 3am?

6 hours ago, Big durbs said:

last year they ran lonely hearts stage on thursday from 19:30 to 3:00 am friday morning. as well as various other stages in silver hayes , this would contradict the licence condition above

No it wouldn't - Silver Hayes is literally listed as Group D which allows those hours.

On 3/14/2024 at 7:12 PM, nikkic said:

Yep. 

And if bloody Example can pull a massive crowd on Thursday, then it’ll be carnage for Faithless. 

Will be nothing in comparison to the carnage in the dance area for E17 in 2009

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Should be miss bliss

She only does a few true faithless tunes was quite disappointing last time..

Sister Bliss is usually billed as Faithless (DJ Set). This time its just Faithless and they said on social media "First live band to headline", so it sounds like its going to be something different this time.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Memory Man said:

This is also applicable to just about any really busy set. As long as you are in the area well in advance you tend not to have issues. 

people turn up to something 5-10 mins before and then moan….

But this is a busy set with nothing else on. If the glade can take 2000 people it doesn't matter if people turn up 5 minutes before or an hour before. If 10000 people turn up an hour before there's going to be issues

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

If 10000 people turn up an hour before there's going to be issues

Chances are low, for me.

They just need to be able to close the area when it gets too busy but you cant really do that on glade.

there is no basis in fact that there will be “nothing else on” as we have no idea what else is on. 

it wont be as tragic as example in my opinion. 

On 3/16/2024 at 10:21 PM, Twiggy553 said:

Faithless is just the name Sister Bliss Djs under these days. She’s fine but doesn’t warrant anything bigger than the Glade.

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Should be miss bliss

She only does a few true faithless tunes was quite disappointing last time..

This isn’t just Sister Bliss on the ones and twos this time. Faithless Live is appearing at festivals over the summer including Glastonbury, Bestival and Wilderness - celebrating the life of Maxi Jazz. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/faithless-announce-return-to-the-stage-to-celebrate-maxi-jazz-at-camp-bestival-shropshire-2024-3580014

17 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I attempted this and gave up.

Far too many people! 

We had to stand way out on the edge as the tent was rammed then heard Michael Jackson had died.

Up there with the oddest moments of my life!

3 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Chances are low, for me.

They just need to be able to close the area when it gets too busy but you cant really do that on glade.

there is no basis in fact that there will be “nothing else on” as we have no idea what else is on. 

it wont be as tragic as example in my opinion. 

Example was never anywhere near as big as Faithless

Its also well and good saying oh yeah its a DJ set but half the audience won't have realised that before turning up i think

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Its also well and good saying oh yeah its a DJ set but half the audience won't have realised that before turning up i think

See also: Mel C at Williams Green a couple years back.

• Upvote 1

They had to close off all ways into the band stand last year just to see Showhawk Duo, that got pretty busy, but the point is as soon as it looks like capacity they are very good at closing things off.

Not that it matters because if it's to celebrate Maxi I will be there at 11am !