Faithless

westholtschic

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

Yep. 

And if bloody Example can pull a massive crowd on Thursday, then it’ll be carnage for just_another_DJ

29 minutes ago, ModernMan said:

Who’s to say something hasn’t changed though? It’s pretty unusual to make that claim. And interesting that on the poster they are beneath the line. 

Alongside other stuff mentioned they need to submit an event management plan to the council 180 days before the festival, this must include a noise management plan (and venue, site and crowds plan). A major change like Thursday stage operations would be in this and would in all probability be a) consulted on for the community and b) discussed in a planning meeting. 

That plan had to be in by 29th December and there hasn't been any news about it.

They have to submit the final version 30 days before so it could, in theory, change still.

Yeah, very interesting to see what happens with this. I just noticed what Faithless said on social media, and for anyone who didn't know better, it kinda implies they're the first live band to headline one of the major stages on the Thursday. Are there any bigger venues that could get away with that? 

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Alongside other stuff mentioned they need to submit an event management plan to the council 180 days before the festival, this must include a noise management plan (and venue, site and crowds plan). A major change like Thursday stage operations would be in this and would in all probability be a) consulted on for the community and b) discussed in a planning meeting. 

That plan had to be in by 29th December and there hasn't been any news about it.

They have to submit the final version 30 days before so it could, in theory, change still.

Most recent EMP for 2024 Festival is dated 18th Oct 2023.

https://somersetcc.sharepoint.com/sites/SCCPublic/Community/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FSCCPublic%2FCommunity%2FGlastonbury Festival 2024 Event Management Planning Document.pdf&parent=%2Fsites%2FSCCPublic%2FCommunity&p=true&ga=1

2 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Heard from a very good source that they are on at the Glade 

I'll make sure there's plenty of distance between me and The Glade on Thursday night then. Chaos!

Edited by CharlotteB
In to on

12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Crumbs 😞 

Yeah, if they are the first live band and not a dj set like usual or a live person then that is essentially the Thursday night main stage.

I'm all for Baggy Monday and over to Faithless/ROT90S though I suspect a clash.

Just a continuation of poor placing. Glastonbury basically need a new curator and booker.

EDIT: remember that ROT90S was Friday night. That will definitely be my go to this year if again. Head that area straight after Dua Lipa

Edited by northernangel