Faithless

westholtschic

Will try and go to this if its not too busy.

Will probably come away going well that was not quite Faithless but I had a bit of fun anyway. 

Thinking it would be better with a new vocalist. Any attempt to recreate Maxi and it all becomes a bit karaoke for me. Can get away with that stuff for maybe one or two tracks for me but not many more.

If there are a fair few people not interested because of the lack of Maxi that’s absolutely fine by me, I personally disagree and it could make it very slightly less rammed.

He was fantastic but I like the stuff they have brought out without Maxi. If they use another vocalist I’m not above seeing a tribute act and if they use samples, well the Chems are probably my favourite live* act so I’d enjoy that too.

Edited by DJL
  • Upvote 1

Sister Bliss headlined at my local festival - was a Dj set making good use of Faithless tracks. F*cking brilliant. Can’t wait to see her again (bar shifts allowing)

2 hours ago, LateStarter50 said:

Sister Bliss headlined at my local festival - was a Dj set making good use of Faithless tracks. F*cking brilliant. Can’t wait to see her again (bar shifts allowing)

That's great to get some positive feedback 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, LateStarter50 said:

I’m with you on the bar shifts. Trying not to get my hopes up for anyone in particular for this reason - if I get to see 2 out of Faithless, LCD or Justice I’ll be pretty stoked.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 8:11 AM, Memory Man said:

Just a personal thing for me. I can see a band with replacement members (although original lineup is far preferable) but continuing without a lead singer just seems odd and is a step too far for me.

mind you people still go see adam lambert’s queen 😂

A couple of years ago, The Quireboys sacked lead singer Spike, the only original member left in the band, and continued to tour as The Quireboys. 

He has since regrouped with some of the original band members and tours as The Quireboys. 

It's very confusing. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

A couple of years ago, The Quireboys sacked lead singer Spike, the only original member left in the band, and continued to tour as The Quireboys. 

He has since regrouped with some of the original band members and tours as The Quireboys. 

It's very confusing. 

Have you ever tried to unpick the UB40 chicanery? It's beyond baffling. 

Two bands touring simultaneously and both claiming to be the real deal. 

Ted Rogers  / 3-2-1 levels of unfathomable cryptic schizzle.