Overcrowding candidates/ acts booked too low

kemosabe

f**k I loved Justice 2017 but the National are one of my favourite bands so it will be the other stage for me.

Saturday looks really weak for me, cant say there is anyone I want to see.  In fact it must be the worst Sat out of the 12 festivals I've been to.

Edited by Walter Sobchak
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nobody has really straightforwardly  answered whether they think Justice are a bit of fun or a properly credible act. I can't help thinking it's the former.

For what it's worth, I saw Moderat at West Holts before them and I would agree the sound was terrific and the sunset lovely. I departed to see Metronomy. 

Ed sheeran was on the pyramid (I had to navigate a terrifying crush on the path to John Peel Tent - Eds crowd was massive) and I can't remember who was on the Other and Park. It may actually have been Boy Better Know and Kano, respectively, which - given the demographic of Glastonbury, goes a long way to explaining how Justice attracted such a crowd and the set attained such status...

That justice set was ace. I’ve got no idea if they are actually doing anything / much back there behind all the speakers.

i remember it sounding amazing, even though it was really loud, and the whole field just went mad for it. seem to remember there was quite a lot of lights, even though possibly no genuine video? (unlike say .. the Chems)

nobody was really focused on the stage anyway as everyone was just dancing with mates and randoms anyway. Only bit I seem to remember from the stage was one of them walking out into crowd at end of set being held upright by hands while smoking a sig in his leather jacket and shades 

also saw them at Brixton academy same year either just before or after glasto , and that was cracking too

I am a big national fan , and listen to them way more than justice, but think I will prob go for justice again to finish for the party vibes 

The cross album has some absolute bangers on it for sure and i am confident they will all get an outing even though that album was their first 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Bicep revealing themselves as the secret set on the Thursday have just entered the number one spot for me! 

I didn't go to the festival last year. But I don't know how well Levels is gonna cope with the overcrowding compared to a tent! 

Also Joy Anonymous in the SEC, as people assume Fred Again will play as well

Edited by kemosabe

6 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Bicep revealing themselves as the secret set on the Thursday have just entered the number one spot for me! 

I didn't go to the festival last year. But I don't know how well Levels is gonna cope with the overcrowding compared to a tent! 

Levels basically has an entrance so it’s pretty easy to shut off and then there is lots of space around it with the other stages so whilst I agree it will be rammed and unfortunately for that reason I’ll miss it I actually think it will cope ok logistically 

The revamped Silver Hayes is a great area again - the stages are set out well and they get busy but not ridiculously so. There is also a wide access route along the back of them unlike the SE corner which imo, is dangerous around the Truth Stage.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Skream and Benga on the Thursday will also be mobbed 

I agree, one of this year's potential highlight sets for me.

I fear it will be ludicrously busy, although it does remove the risk of clashes later in the weekend...

10 hours ago, kemosabe said:

The stage is fenced off at peak times, with an entry system of sorts. Palms Trax x Job Jobse was uncomfortable last year.

People ending up on the outside of the fence to hear whatever sound they can, while having a bit of sound bleed occuring that far back.

Had I know the stage layout better at the time I would have tried pushing through the initital herd as I think the side further from the entrance would have been more tolerable, but just had a bit of a panic attack and left instantly. 

1 hour ago, AdrianH said:

The revamped Silver Hayes is a great area again - the stages are set out well and they get busy but not ridiculously so. There is also a wide access route along the back of them unlike the SE corner which imo, is dangerous around the Truth Stage.

The issue is Silver Hayes was at the bit where it becomes the other field - there's a pinch point by the toilets and the stalls and it was very iffy on the Thursday but everyone as calm and in good humour mostly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 6:37 AM, Barneym said:

Levels basically has an entrance so it’s pretty easy to shut off and then there is lots of space around it with the other stages so whilst I agree it will be rammed and unfortunately for that reason I’ll miss it I actually think it will cope ok logistically 

Yeah it was hard to get into last year, due to there being one entrance and everyone hanging around just inside it, hope they do something to help spread the crowd around the venue this time

8 hours ago, westholtschic said:

I think Oh My God it’s the church will be rammed on Friday and Saturday night around midnight in the Theatre/Circus tent.

They played the exact same slots last year (they're on Sensation Seekers rather than in the tent) and tbh it was absolutely fine.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

They played the exact same slots last year (they're on Sensation Seekers rather than in the tent) and tbh it was absolutely fine.

Yeah it was fine , loads of space..I walked up to watch them but then felt absolutely knackered so went home 🤣😭

On 3/17/2024 at 12:08 AM, Dales said:

I think everyone is expecting a live set as she posted this on Facebook. 

"Delighted beyond belief to be headlining Thursday night at GLASTONBURY!!
The first live band ever to do so…
See you there"

Sugababes at Avalon were a live band, so that's not true.

An absolutely banging backing band at that and no evidence of lip syncing from where I stood.

Absolute carnage crowd wise of course. Reckon half the tent were there for Sugababes before the previous act (???) had finished. Eventually became Can't f**king Move At All rammed.

They let too many people in/there's a massive back door in somewhere these days.

Like others have mentioned I can see a wet year causing proper issues.

All eyes on the lead up to the Sunday headliners too... The timing of the footfall for Justice will be crucial too.

Also, I haven't seen Basement Jaxx last year mentioned here - now that was wild. The set was delayed by an hour or so due to safety concerns. People were properly trapped in SEC.

Edited by TheDayman

On 3/27/2024 at 11:38 PM, Johndenis said:

Nobody has really straightforwardly  answered whether they think Justice are a bit of fun or a properly credible act. I can't help thinking it's the former.

For what it's worth, I saw Moderat at West Holts before them and I would agree the sound was terrific and the sunset lovely. I departed to see Metronomy. 

Ed sheeran was on the pyramid (I had to navigate a terrifying crush on the path to John Peel Tent - Eds crowd was massive) and I can't remember who was on the Other and Park. It may actually have been Boy Better Know and Kano, respectively, which - given the demographic of Glastonbury, goes a long way to explaining how Justice attracted such a crowd and the set attained such status...

quite old post im quoting but it shocked me!

nsane to say this, they are one of the largest dance acts in the world thats not in the shite EDM category. always going to do well at festivals when their sets are a party

Critically acclaimed for years - not some joke acts. There's a reason why people are still excited for them this year when they are against acts such as The National who are darlings on here etc

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

quite old post im quoting but it shocked me!

nsane to say this, they are one of the largest dance acts in the world thats not in the shite EDM category. always going to do well at festivals when their sets are a party

Critically acclaimed for years - not some joke acts. There's a reason why people are still excited for them this year when they are against acts such as The National who are darlings on here etc

Yeah, but I feel their new album Hyperdrama is missing a lot of those gritty/metal/f*ck you style sounds that were unique to Justice and that we all fell in love with after Cross. 

*I'm not sure how else to describe Justice's music, some of it is aggressive in the best possible way

Edited by TheDayman