Overcrowding candidates/ acts booked too low

kemosabe

Barry's the biggest one I can see. Will it be worse than Wet Leg?

Avril will be fine imo, Rag & Bone man had more hype imo. Biggest I've ever seen that field.

Didn't consider Justice at first, but agree it will be busy, can't imagine it being dangerous though. But might be underestimating how many people are into them & don't have an alternative thing to watch. 

20 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

I've been to 100s of gigs and a fair few festivals, and Example last year was the only time I've ever been concerned about my safety at a show. Absolutely mental cowd numbers, was genuinely quite scary

Was that at the Glade?

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Was that at the Glade?

Yeah, was my first time at Glasto so was unsure of how to get to The Glade, and was met with what felt like an Elton sized crowd completely filling up every pathway in and out of it. The overspill sent people all over the place, and a few of my firends that aren't as savvy with big crowds were understandably pretty nervous. We just left and had some bevvies on the hill instead

8 minutes ago, fakeplastictrees2000 said:

Haven't seen it mentioned yet but I think Jungle on WH is going to be absolutely rammed, as I dont think idles or dua will be a huge draw considering the stages they are on

I think Dua might suprise people … 

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

Only household name at that time on Thursday - it was absolute carnage.

We spent Thursday night at the Glade bar but must have got down there after Example as didn't notice any mayhem!

8 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Reading this thread has just made me having Vietnam flashbacks to Example at Glade last year. That was horrific. Got absolutely rammed very quickly and became near impossible to move out of as everyone was still pushing to try get closer to the stage

That was bizarre hahaha. 

It was insanity how busy it was. 

Yes agreed that Barry Can’t Swim seems v low down. Hopefully won’t be a repeat of Wet Leg which is only time I can remember going to see a band and literally not being able to get near it. Couldn’t see or hear them from where we could get to so we left.

I’m also surprised Nothing But Thieves are so low down The Other. Not sure it will be a huge crowd problem, just think they belong a bit higher up.