Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

What a shambles !

How does See Tickets still get the gig for this ? A server that folds every sale date and now an error like this, doesn’t look good for the festival to be partnered with them.

Like many I had cleared plans for this weekend, and now have plans for the new sale date. 2 of our 6 will also be hiking up Machu Picchu with no signal . A trip that they had planned around this weeks sale dates.

• Like 1

Just now, CH0161 said:

What a shambles !

How does See Tickets still get the gig for this ? A server that folds every sale date and now an error like this, doesn’t look good for the festival to be partnered with them.

Like many I had cleared plans for this weekend, and now have plans for the new sale date. 2 of our 6 will also be hiking up Machu Picchu with no signal . A trip that they had planned around this weeks sale dates.

It doesn’t fold, it’s just a million people can’t get 200k tickets- it’s basic maths.

all that changes with ticketmaster is you get put in a queue and still have f**k all chance of tickets 

22 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They were aware of some of the issues early this week ... big call to make though , guess they thought they could fix it and numbers just got too big 

I wonder if it's impossible for them to tell what the numbers are.

If thousands of people just chance their arm this week and say they did it but didn't work, and seetickets have no way of telling truth from lie, they'd have to assume it's true 

8 minutes ago, CH0161 said:

What a shambles !

Try getting tickets for Greenman and you will think Seetickets are fantastic in comparison 

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

It doesn’t fold, it’s just a million people can’t get 200k tickets- it’s basic maths.

all that changes with ticketmaster is you get put in a queue and still have f**k all chance of tickets 

Huh? It quite frequently fails to even load the holding page for many people and then when you do get through to the reg page you often end up doing a dance of death watching timed out pages and clicking back and forward hoping it might work. I’d sat that classes as a fold

Edited by Clouds

Thinking a bit more on this I can't see how they had any choice but to put the sale off, since most people arrange to buy in groups of six, a single missing reg. would cause the whole  booking to fail, you would then have to make the decision to buy without that person or try to substitute a 'reserve', what if it was a couple and one had a reg. and one not? they would have to drop out, it would have been absolute carnage and far worse publicity.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I’d disagree and say it does fold. I appreciate the overwhelming numbers but there is plenty of other platforms who handle heavy traffic in a more effective way. The majority of the time you can’t even load the page, never mind getting to the refreshing page. Then when you finally do get through, there is no hold on the tickets you have landed, pretty much every other ticketing site has an allotted time for you to secure your purchase.

Ticketmaster isn’t much better but at least you have an idea whether you have a chance or not- instant rejection is a lot better than the long drawn out gradual disappointment that we get with the current outdated see tickets system.

7 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I wonder if it's impossible for them to tell what the numbers are.

If thousands of people just chance their arm this week and say they did it but didn't work, and seetickets have no way of telling truth from lie, they'd have to assume it's true 

They would have had pretty accurate numbers had this all not gone to sh*t. My second reg I didn’t renew because of it and I know of others that didn’t renew theirs 

4 hours ago, ProperTea said:

They must be shitting themselves about not selling out. 

Reckon they've believed some of the fake numbers they've been told in the past. And things now aren't as high 

35 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I think this is significant....

We urge everyone hoping to buy a ticket to Glastonbury 2024 to either check their existing registration here now or submit new registration, which remains free of charge here, from 12 noon on Monday.

Sounds like they've knackered the registration database somehow....

just used this and all of mine are still there, got the email back straight away, so system looks "healthy' at the moment.

6 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Sounds like they've knackered the registration database somehow....

thats not what i'm thinking but i am thinking that a number of people have recently found out they don't have a working registration and have kicked off, which has caused GFL to look a bit deeper " how many registrations that were expected to be updated weren't updated? and how many were updated?"

if the second number is less than the  1M+  thrown about in past years then houston we have a problem.

I was pretty annoyed at first- mainly with the ridiculous short notice. It seems very likely they are covering up for a DB cock up. I have to admit it's wiser to allow people to sort their registrations out than exclude them. I just think it would have been less disruptive to many people to let the sale go ahead but with a fair sized amount held in reserve for a soon to be resale. Allowing anyone to register now irritates me.. if it could be only those who previously were registered that would be an improvement. 

36 minutes ago, CH0161 said:

I’d disagree and say it does fold. I appreciate the overwhelming numbers but there is plenty of other platforms who handle heavy traffic in a more effective way. The majority of the time you can’t even load the page, never mind getting to the refreshing page. Then when you finally do get through, there is no hold on the tickets you have landed, pretty much every other ticketing site has an allotted time for you to secure your purchase.

Ticketmaster isn’t much better but at least you have an idea whether you have a chance or not- instant rejection is a lot better than the long drawn out gradual disappointment that we get with the current outdated see tickets system.

I prefer the long drawn out disappointment. Also all the chaos often rewards persistence. 

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

That does create a great image for a cobbled together and hung over production line though.  "dining room, you guys start refreshing now"

If they'd have said Ticket day was on the 19th, I'd have celebrated my birthday another weekend. Although I'm genuinely more pissed off for those that swapped shifts, I don't think some people understand how much preparation goes into ticket day.

Edited by Boomtowner

The re registration was a bit crap.

Me and my partner both re registered my was fine, she got a thank you message for re registration. Just by chance she went to check a week later and was deleted.

Fortunately this was sorted way before day and we were ready to try, but wonder if there were lots of other stories like this.

50 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Thinking a bit more on this I can't see how they had any choice but to put the sale off, since most people arrange to buy in groups of six, a single missing reg. would cause the whole  booking to fail, you would then have to make the decision to buy without that person or try to substitute a 'reserve', what if it was a couple and one had a reg. and one not? they would have to drop out, it would have been absolute carnage and far worse publicity.

This. One of our groups lost out entirely due to one member giving the incorrect postcode. By the time we sorted it, sold out.