Avril Lavigne

Justiceforcedave

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Concur that it's a Pyramid fourth / Other third job. She'd do excellent work beneath Dua Lipa, particularly if Pyramid third that day was someone with a little more rock between the teeth, or another The Churnups-esque heavyweight cameo.

As much as I'm a fan, I don't see her being in the vein of The Churnups.

4 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Avril would be hugely popular. On a similar theme, Sum 41 would be so much fun. The Download show is not being billed as their last UK appearance, so it might be possible!

Download is being billed as their Final UK Festival. I'm sure they will do their own UK shows later in 2024.

Still trying to think who'd be a good sub for Dua Lipa.

Have decided I'd want Green Day as 2024's The Churnups, mind you. Give them just an hour to race through a dozen bangers.

Won't happen, like, but it would have been nice. Avril Lavigne into Green Day into...

Actually, Tame Impala would be decent. Kevin Parker produced that new Dua Lipa single. That would segue very nicely.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Mrs Alvo not a fan??

Nah, she likes her too to be fair. She used to look a little like her when we were younger. (We've been together since we were 17-18! 2002)

But I had a massive crush on Avril back then... She had more than one prime poster position on my wall. (So sad I know 🙈

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Nah, she likes her too to be fair. She used to look a little like her when we were younger. (We've been together since we were 17-18! 2002)

But I had a massive crush on Avril back then... She had more than one prime poster position on my wall. (So sad I know 🙈

Does Mrs Alvo know you went out with because she looked like Avril. 😄

2 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Ah you can both have a great time watching her then! 

3 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Does Mrs Alvo know you went out with because she looked like Avril. 😄

I think she has her suspicions 😉 Though I swear I'm not that shallow... 

1 hour ago, gigpusher said:

Ah you can both have a great time watching her then! 

Spoke to some other members of our group today, turns out they're fans too! 🙂 

15 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Interesting, don’t know about that as a theory . As a teenager Mrs C was a David Cassidy fan. I was trying to cultivate a Robert Plant look/image . We’re still together😊😉