2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

5 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

A bit of a catastrophe here. We just got the holding page but a friend of ours got through. However my wife's postcode was rejected despite her having a registration lookup confirming that postcode a week or so ago. 

Did anyone else have this issue?

Yes, a friend of a friend had this issue

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

It was a main story on the BBC News alongside the Madge rumours to get it even more in the public domain.

Obviously I’m aware of why the sale was postponed, primarily because some people’s accounts got deleted. I’m not convinced it’s resulted in significantly more ‘new’ people attempting for tickets today

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Keeping an eye on the page as people on here claimed they got tickets around this time last year… Doubt it will happen but you never know.

I was one of those - however the holding page was still live last year whereas now it has switched to a sold out page

42 minutes ago, Magma said:

It's enough to make you believe in the ticket gods - I used to have the golden touch with this - from the year the superfence went up to 2017/18, never failed - maybe I got cocky and offended them - not seen a ticket page since!

Yep...got my own ticket pretty much every time until 2015...since then have always relied on others!

I got through three times.

Three laptops, all on different public IPs, auto-refreshing @ 1 second on single chrome tabs.

Got through three times on the one laptop.

It's just pot luck of hitting the back-end at the microsecond where there's a session available -- but it's all about maximising your chances.

Edited by majormajormajor
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tr234 said:

Got to be a better method than have everyone waste an hour of their morning constantly refreshing.

Queue system would probably work better

I joined the queue for Liam tickets and I was 7500+ i didn't get tickets, my friend was 750 and she got tickets. There is no difference with a queue or this system.

It's been a few years since my last Glastonbury- 2017! I have tried every year since for both the resales and the main sales but no luck, apart from the last year when I'd got to the registration lookup and was working slowly, it then crashed on the payment page and bounced me out of the checkout process back to the holding screen.

I've always tried with a number of devices connected to various networks (and thus different IPs), I had the desktop on the go conected to my home internet, hardwired, my mobile phone on some ropey 4G and remote desktop session into my work computer where we have a meaty internet connection, and nobody around on a Sunday so I'd pretty much have the entire connection to myself.

Managed to get through to the ticket page on the mobile with a dodgy 4G connection, with a manual refresh per second in Chrome - and occasionally letting the timer tick down on the page to see it had any effect (!). But it worked and the checkout process was much improved this time.

The moral of it all, don't give up hope. Your time will come around once again, even if you don't get tickets for a while.

Edit-I'm also not freshly re-registered, in that I did whatever I needed to do to preserve my existing registration.

Edited by Chris;

My daughter got on on the booking page, however it said does not recognise her details. 

She re-registered in August, however looks like it did not complete or has been lost

First time we have missed out since we started attending in 2010. We had a good run, I hope others have a good time. 

I've been screwed. One of our group got through but apparently my postcode was bringing back an error so they booted me and bought tickets for everyone else. I've double checked my emails and my postcode was correct. Either there was an error with the booking system or my friends hate me, either way I'm upset.

Edited by Serenefishy

15 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I joined the queue for Liam tickets and I was 7500+ i didn't get tickets, my friend was 750 and she got tickets. There is no difference with a queue or this system.

At least you'd know pretty much instantly though. Saves the hour of refreshing 

17 minutes ago, Serenefishy said:

I've been screwed. One of our group got through but apparently my postcode was bringing back an error so they booted me and bought tickets for everyone else. I've double checked my emails and my postcode was correct. Either there was an error with the booking system or my friends hate me, either way I'm upset.

That's the same problem as we had 

So chuffed.. luckily got tickets this year thanks to someone else in my group getting through. Commiserations to those that missed out!

I missed out with general sale tickets for 2020 and 2023. Havent managed to get past the reg page since 2011 and this year was no different.. nothing more than the holding page.

I live in a part of London where I can easily count 5-6 cars with Glasto parking tickets for this years festival in the streets around me and like I say I haven't been able to get past the holding page in years so must be luck of the draw rather than where people are located!

And as for a lottery system... I am dead against the idea. There are enough spectators at Glasto without adding more to the mix. It would just encourage so many more people to enter the draw and exponentially increase numbers. 

• Upvote 1