Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

"If you registered prior to 2020 and intend to buy tickets for the 2024 Festival or in future years then you will need to review your registered details, update your photo, and CONFIRM if you wish to keep your registration no later than Saturday 30 September 2023, or otherwise submit a new registration.

If you do not confirm that you wish to retain your pre-2020 registration details, then your registration(s) will be DELETED on Monday 02 October 2023 and you will be required to submit a new registration before you can try and book future tickets."

What do we reckon this means for t-day. Will they allow people time to create a new registration or will it just be tough, you missed it?

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

"If you registered prior to 2020 and intend to buy tickets for the 2024 Festival or in future years then you will need to review your registered details, update your photo, and CONFIRM if you wish to keep your registration no later than Saturday 30 September 2023, or otherwise submit a new registration.

If you do not confirm that you wish to retain your pre-2020 registration details, then your registration(s) will be DELETED on Monday 02 October 2023 and you will be required to submit a new registration before you can try and book future tickets."

What do we reckon this means for t-day. Will they allow people time to create a new registration or will it just be tough, you missed it?

it means they have data for people who will be actively trying 

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I read it as the former. There'll still be a window to create new.

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Does this mean November again? Otherwise there is not enough time for the dopey lot to re-register.

Just now, Fishman said:

Does this mean November again? Otherwise there is not enough time for the dopey lot to re-register.

Don't think we can read anything in terms of timescales into it. The date could equally be giving people as long as possible to action this, while still getting the database cleaned up ahead of the sale.

I'm pretty sure this will be heavily flagged up at the point they announce ticket sale dates (as happened when they did a cleanup a few years ago), and I suspect all "at risk" registrations will receive a "this is going to be deleted" email some point. By the time they're finished, anyone serious about trying for tickets won't be caught out by this.

4 minutes ago, Fishman said:

I'm sure there will be emails, social media stuff, confirmation on the News bit of the website so maybe it'll be you have to confirm by the 30th or you're too late for 2024. 

I've now resigned to extremely unlikely to get a ticket, being the new method is the first people on the page are guaranteed a ticket, since it now sends a link to pay later. I could see the general sale being over in 10 minutes, perhaps 15 minutes for the coach one. The new method surely lowers chances massively.

In previous years, I had got us in through persistence and picking up cancelled/failed transactions right at the end - but these don't exist in the sale anymore. Being local, I'm hoping the Sunday day ticket sale will be easier.

Edited by discgoesmic

14 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I've now resigned to extremely unlikely to get a ticket, being the new method is the first people on the page are guaranteed a ticket, since it now sends a link to pay later.

Has it been confirmed by any official festival channel that this is deffo the way they're doing the main sale this year? I've not seen it and the website doesn't mention it...

12 minutes ago, dirtysteve said:

Has it been confirmed by any official festival channel that this is deffo the way they're doing the main sale this year? I've not seen it and the website doesn't mention it...

I can't think of a single reason why they wouldn't use it - seems like the new system to me, it seemed to work like clockwork and made the load far easier on their servers. Plus all the complaints from prior years of payments failing, pages timing out etc. Just seems extremely likely that they'll stay with this method. The festival is guaranteed to sell out and this method does it even faster.

IMO, it wouldn't make any sense to revert to the old method again now.

Edited by discgoesmic

Thinking on this further, I reckon it means the sale will be later.

The bit in the screenshot below says you can try for tickets for 2024 after 2nd October. It can take a few days for a photo to be accepted, so to allow time for that it will almost certainly be later. Probably November again.

Screenshot_20230814_152217_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5d197092be2a0afb57fc2eb9da04465f.jpg

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Thinking on this further, I reckon it means the sale will be later.

The bit in the screenshot below says you can try for tickets for 2024 after 2nd October. It can take a few days for a photo to be accepted, so to allow time for that it will almost certainly be later. Probably November again.

Screenshot_20230814_152217_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5d197092be2a0afb57fc2eb9da04465f.jpg

For 2023 sale, registration closed on Monday 31st October and Coach sale was Thursday 3rd November.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/glastonbury-2023-tickets-on-sale-in-november/

So, I think this is still on for 5th & 7th October sales, rather than November sales.

Also closing date for Edits is 30th September.

1487123417_Screenshot2023-08-14at15_53_09.png.1aa5cdf9746bdd638dd39749dfdc324f.png

Edited by Dukeicon