Self confirms 2024

Chrisp1986

42 minutes ago, K2SO said:

That's shocking. They should have easily been at least headlining Woodsies

He said he didn’t like woodsies anyway. (I reckon they would be great in there) but was obviously a daytime slot they had been offered coz he said no one wants their music staring into the sun.

He said they wouldn’t expect headline slot at glastonbury like primavera, but obviously wanted more than they were offered.

16 hours ago, K2SO said:

Oh also, know somebody that went to the IDLES pop up shop today and asked Joe if they were at Glasto. He said "No, we are going to be in America so we'll miss it... But I wouldn't lie to you."

Are you sure it was "America".. and not Austria that was heard

IDLES are on festival line ups in Itally and Austria over Glastonbury dates

Screenshot_20240217-171854_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ben7amin_

Dual Lipa on Graham Norton on Friday, do we think line up could already be out so she can be questioned about it?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Skier68 said:

he said no one wants their music staring into the sun.

I saw them in blazing sunshine at Tempelhof Sounds in Berlin mid afternoon and it did feel like a poor fit. He spent most of his set slagging off Matt Bellamy’s fragile ego for having the catwalk stage setup just for Muse’s later headline slot. 

The organisers must have thought it would work as Sleaford Mods had the same time the next day. 

On 2/16/2024 at 10:17 AM, Ben7amin_ said:

Do you think they are going to play? 

Personally for me doing of weeks of posting Glastonbury stuff on the lead up to the announcements seems like a very strong nod.  I mean if they were not it would really be weird right. 

1 or 2 maybe but this 4th Glastonbury content they have posted recently 

What else have they posted?

13 hours ago, craigyb31 said:

Dual Lipa on Graham Norton on Friday, do we think line up could already be out so she can be questioned about it?

Given they film it early (think we went to be in the audience once and it was either Monday or Tuesday) I think the line-up probably needs to have already been out by now for it to be the basis of any questions. She'll just be promoting the new music.

On 2/16/2024 at 5:57 PM, Mich1268 said:

Other stage headliner?

There is no precedent for them accepting a slot like this at the moment I don't think.

On 2/17/2024 at 12:23 PM, Skier68 said:

Just saw them at same place today. Can confirm they are deffo not playing Glasto this year. Sounds like booking agent offered them a crap slot.

certainly will play again in future. In his words ‘it’s the best place on earth’

sounds like they will be headlining Primavera this year.

top fella, had loads of time just to chat to people and have photos etc!!

Isn't Primavera announced?

9 hours ago, wozwebs said:

Confidence Man liked my tweet about Glasto. Superb at The Park in 2022

IMG_1930.jpeg

Mid other surely

could do high Woodsies or Park i guess too

On 2/16/2024 at 10:38 AM, Franky said:

I saw Kings of Leon in 2008. 

Amazing set. 

Caveat, I was proper f**ked 🕺

They were great. My memory isn't what it was, but I seem to remember catching the first half and then wandering over to the Jazz World Stage for Jimmy Cliff's set. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2024 at 8:16 AM, mouserat said:

Given they film it early (think we went to be in the audience once and it was either Monday or Tuesday) I think the line-up probably needs to have already been out by now for it to be the basis of any questions. She'll just be promoting the new music.

I went to a filming of it about this time last year, and it was filmed on the Thursday evening.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I went to a filming of it about this time last year, and it was filmed on the Thursday evening.

Ah fair enough, mine was years ago and I think timed to coincide with the red-carpet premiere of a film as the guests came straight from one to the other so maybe they had moved it earlier than normal.

On 2/17/2024 at 12:23 PM, Skier68 said:

Just saw them at same place today. Can confirm they are deffo not playing Glasto this year. Sounds like booking agent offered them a crap slot.

certainly will play again in future. In his words ‘it’s the best place on earth’

sounds like they will be headlining Primavera this year.

top fella, had loads of time just to chat to people and have photos etc!!

Just to reiterate what has been said above, they're not on the Primavera lineup this year, which as been out months, and even if they were, they sure as hell wouldn't be headlining.

25 minutes ago, foolee said:

When do you think we’ll get the first lineup drop if we don’t get a single headliner first? Friday 1st March would be good. 

I can't see it being before the last week of March based on recent years

probs one more for the LAWKS thread