Who should really call it a day?

Mr_Grump

Just now, Mr_Grump said:

I'll start it off with Blondie.

Might be seen as controversial by some, but I feel Debbie just doesn't have it any more.

Started of well with 'One Way or Another' but then went rapidly downhill...time for her to step back.

I thought they were excellent! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Agreed. Arcadia needs to change or quit. 

Yeah I think so too. Remains such a shame what happened with the crane, I loved it that year and that was before they’d really got a hold on what they wanted to do with it. Optimistic they do something new next year (the helicopter?).

The concept of any of us feckers being fit to judge when any of the artists named quit whatever. 

Debbie Harry clearly can't sing as she used to, but that was much less apparent yesterday than last time, as she had massive audience that knew all her lyrics and wanted to join in. 

Edited by clarkete
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, sjseabass said:

Yeah I think so too. Remains such a shame what happened with the crane, I loved it that year and that was before they’d really got a hold on what they wanted to do with it. Optimistic they do something new next year (the helicopter?).

They definitely are … and have money to burn now ( pun intended) 

6 hours ago, Amy Lawn said:

Whoever made the call to let Arctics stink up the joint for the third time, and the local amatuer Guns N Roses tribute act have a crack at the big time, while Lizzo got shafted with an undercard position. The year is 2023.

Yeah I’m a big AM fan (even the new stuff), but Lizzo smashed it, should definitely have been given the chance to headline over either AM or GnR

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

The concept of any of us feckers being fit to judge when when any of the artists named quit whatever. 

Debbie Harry clearly can't sing as she used to, but that was much less apparent yesterday than last time, as she had massive audience that knew all her lyrics and wanted to join in. 

Mad how it’s only old ladies who are told to pack it in. Never he anyone say the same about Dylan, Young etc

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Arcadia? Spiders been there done that and the field needs a big reorganisation.

Its also a total nightmare to find anyone in. 

"I'm two speakers right of the bar" 

"erm....." 

The crane may not have looked pretty during the day but the sound was amazing. 

8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Arcadia? Spiders been there done that and the field needs a big reorganisation.

Bring back the Arcadia show, that's what is missing making it unique. I don't see the field as the issue necessarily, I see the amount of people they allow to buy tickets which relates to everywhere else as the problem. This is where Glastonbury isn't the same festival it used to be and has become organised chaos. Unless those farmers reduce their costs though it'll continue.

8 hours ago, Drinky said:

Glastonbury on Sea and give the space back to camping

Agree on this, it's been an okay novelty for a couple of years but it gets high numbers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Amy Lawn said:

Whoever made the call to let Arctics stink up the joint for the third time, and the local amatuer Guns N Roses tribute act have a crack at the big time, while Lizzo got shafted with an undercard position. The year is 2023.

Remember that for some reason Emily feels the need to please the lawn chair crowd still instead of going with what she knows is right per say. And even just giving Lizzo the consolation of billing on the top line because she knows she stunk it up with 3 caucasion male acts is telling. And even admitting it. If Elton making them put Lil Nas X before him was true then Elton has way better hindsight and vision than the Eavii right now. And of course thats why he had the guests that he did.

42 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Mad how it’s only old ladies who are told to pack it in. Never he anyone say the same about Dylan, Young etc

Kris Kristofferson in 2017 was pretty much done when he played. Theres plenty of male acts that should stop but they keep getting paychecks so they cant stop. Candi Staton had zero voice btw on the feed yesterday. Dont know why they even chose the clip they did to put on youtube.

9 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

I'll start it off with Blondie.

Might be seen as controversial by some, but I feel Debbie just doesn't have it any more.

Started of well with 'One Way or Another' but then went rapidly downhill...time for her to step back.

bbc audience complained about the low quality, same as they did for guns n roses.