Your top 3 acts from Glastonbury 2023

fat_man_joe

I enjoyed a lot this year, but in terms of where I had the most fun it’s:

1. The Hives (obvs)

2. Texas/Churnups as a twofor 

2. Lizzo.

Mainly as we were all together in a big group singing and dancing around like crazy with big smiles on our faces.

Honourable mentions to Rina Sawayama, Elvana and The Hu for also bringing something special.

1. Elton, had real vibes of a performance people will be talking about for decades, he smashed it

2. Badly Drawn Boy, forgot how much I used to love his music, and first time I've even been in the Acoustic Tent. Brilliant

3. Hives. Saw them in the same slot in 2013, theyre the most fun live band I've ever seen, top class.

Saw as much as I could possibly force my little legs to get me to, think I managed about 14/15 full sets by by the end of the weekend, which I was happy with.

1. Shame - Genuinely think it was the best live show I've ever seen, the amount of energy they give off is off the scale.

2. Elton - Utterly iconic, once in a lifetime show that I bagged a great spot for.

3. Lana - Cut off obviously taints it, but the acapella Video Games singalong after was phenomenal, and the set up to that point was utterly engrossing

Rina, Young Fathers and CMAT for me

really saying something that Ezra Collective hasn't made the top 3, they were sensational, life affirming, and not even the third best thing I saw. This is why we will beg, borrow and steal, sell organs, go to whatever lengths to go back there every year.

Huge shout out to Carly Rae Jepsen, Elton, Fever Ray, Adwaith, and big Mickey Eavis kareoke and all. You kids all killed it, I couldn't be more proud of u

The "I got there only for a few songs but holy sh*t they were on fire" prize goes to Nova Twins, Joey Bada$$ and Amadou & Mariam this year.

We were so impressed by literally everyone we saw!! 

Top 3 for me though would have to be:

1. ELTON!! (Just magical)

2. Lottery Winners up at Strummerville on Thursday eve

3. Mel C 😊

(But also a special mention for Gentlemans Dub Club, Shangri-la on Friday night. Really loved that too!)

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

1: Elton (from 9.40pm onwards) We were up in row mead and the sound was awful. Too many people talking and not even listening. Once we moved we got a great spot near one of the second speaker just as Are you trashy for love came on. Then it went OFF!

2: Guns n roses. Somehow got ten rows from the front. Bucket list level of amazing.

3: Foo Fighters: You can’t not! They were boss

4 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

We were so impressed by literally everyone we saw!! 

Top 3 for me though would have to be:

1. ELTON!! (Just magical)

2. Lottery Winners up at Strummerville on Thursday eve

3. Mel C 😊

(But also a special mention for Gentlemans Dub Club, Shangri-la on Friday night. Really loved that too!)

Lottery winners were ace up there!!! Worth the 2 hour wait!

🤘Ah, this is tricky: but right now I’d go for; 

1) Elton Hercules John. Just so big and iconic, everything was perfect (ok, maybe not the guests etc, but if he wanted to do it, then who am I to argue 🤣

2) Kelis was just great in every way - the crowd were ace, the atmos was lovely, she was amazing, and my favourite Kelis track got spliced with my fave Wu-Tang tune and my head nigh on exploded with the awesomeness 🥳

3) ho99o9 on the truth stage - fag paper between them and Skindred, both were amazing and especially one after the other - I finished my shift at 9:45 and legged it from the other side of the site, making it in time courtesy of 2 x canned bangers of imperial stouts and getting my hike on. Ho99o9 are incendiary and so energetic live they even got me leaping around in a moshpit despite my f**ked legs and feet! 

few other seriously excellent mentions - Young Fathers, lil nas x, the Hu, Elvana, not a single bad vibe at any of the performances I saw. Always west holts for the best atmosphere though, in front of the mixer is such a brilliant place to be 

So I split mine into 3 you can watch on iPlayer should you wish and 3 you sadly wont be able to 

Available to watch on iPlayer

1. Elton 
2. Foos
3. Third World - was really looking forward to this but was absolutely flawed by the surprise song toward the end, close to tears
4. Teskey Brothers - OK so I did 4 but I love the Teskey Brothers and I hadn't seen them before and they absolutely delivered on the big stage

Sadly not able to watch

1. Jake Shears - phenomenal super high energy set and the crowd were matching it was so fun to be at
2. Sam Brookes - bandstand, seen him 3 times just a massive fan of the lyricism
3. Planeta Polar - Lizard stage, not sure how to describe this other than great fun if you were there you'll know what I mean